Gameboy/Gameboy Color Game Suggestion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

boz2478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 boz2478
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts

I just ordered a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Gold and I'm going to be getting a lot of Gameboy/Gameboy Color games! Any suggestions? I already have on the list: Wario Land 1-3, Super Mario Land, Metriod II, Donkey Kong, Kirby's Dream Land, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon Blue and Yellow, and Zelda Oracle of ages/seasons. Any other amazing Gameboy/Gameboy Color I should look for?

dan0314

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 dan0314
Member since 2011 • 658 Posts

Pokemon Crystal, Link's Awakening, Donkey Kong Country, and Mario Tennis are a few that I can name. :D

Avatar image for GreekGameManiac
GreekGameManiac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 GreekGameManiac
Member since 2010 • 6439 Posts

Hmmm...

Lucky Luke

Spider-Man 2 The Sinister 6

That Harvest Moon game

Mega Man games

Tomb Raider Curse of the Sword

Shantae

Dragon Ball Z Legendary Super Warriors

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I just ordered a Gameboy Color with Pokemon Gold and I'm going to be getting a lot of Gameboy/Gameboy Color games! Any suggestions? I already have on the list: Wario Land 1-3, Super Mario Land, Metriod II, Donkey Kong, Kirby's Dream Land, Metal Gear Solid, Pokemon Blue and Yellow, and Zelda Oracle of ages/seasons. Any other amazing Gameboy/Gameboy Color I should look for?

boz2478

That's a pretty good start there on your wishlist. I can tell you have some good tastes, sir! :D

I'd also suggest:

Game Boy Originals:

• Castlevania II: Belmont's Revenge (Action-Platformer) - I haven't played Castlevania Adventure personally, but from what I hear it's pretty similar.
  • Double Dragon 1 & 2 (Beat-Em Up)
  • Dr. Mario (One of the best puzzle games, on-the-go)
  • Duck Tales 1 & 2 (Platformer) - At first glance you may think "Oh, not another licensed paint-by-the-numbers game." But this series was one of the best platformers around back then.
  • Final Fantasy: Adventure (Action-RPG)
  • Gradius: Interstellar Assault (Shoot-Em Up)
  • Mega Man 1-5 (Action-Platformer)
  • Ninja Gaiden: Shadow (Action-Platformer)
  • Operation C (Contra) (Run-N-Gun)
  • Super Mario Land 2: The Six Golden Coins (MUCH better than the original SM Land (although the original game is still fun))

Game Boy Color Games:

• Bionic Commando: Elite Force - Great action-platformer based off of the NES classic (but not a port, an all-new game).
  • Crystalis (Action-RPG) - Port of one of the best game ever released on the NES.
  • The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening DX - Probably THE greatest game from the original Game Boy's library, but in spectacular color!
  • Super Mario Deluxe (Platformer) - Port of the original Super Mario Bros. with some added features)
  • R-Type DX (Shoot-Em Up)
  • Tetris DX (Tetris, on-the-go, in color)
boz2478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 boz2478
Member since 2011 • 49 Posts
Thanks! Wow so many suggestions! I love it I'll be busy looking at games for Months! Thanks!