First major company quits WiiU

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Well, cant say that it came as a surprise and with the way Nintendo has handle 3rd party developers and the huge lack of sales of the hardware, it had to come.

Ubisoft quits WiiU.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2014-08-19-ubisoft-watch-dogs-is-the-last-mature-game-planned-for-wii-u

So what do you guys think.

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

News from may about E3...?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

EA, Activision and Ubi have all left ship

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19577 Posts

Jacanuk, are you secretly Kotaku in disguise?

Your article is three months old and doesn't say what you claim it says.

More recently, Ubisoft has said that they'll continue making games for the WiiU that sell (so Watch Dogs and Just Dance will continue being released), while they'll wait for bigger sales numbers to release more games (http://www.polygon.com/2014/6/9/5793660/ubisoft-unreleased-wii-u-games).

Meanwhile, Ubisoft also believes that Smash Bros and their own upcoming WiiU releases will give the WiiU a solid sales boost this Christmas (http://wiiudaily.com/2014/08/ubisoft-says-super-smash-bros-will-increase-wii-u-sales-momentum/).

So if the Chrisrmas sale increase happens, it sounds like they'll continue supporting the WiiU.

PhysXy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5  Edited By PhysXy
Member since 2014 • 25 Posts

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good riddance to Ubisoft as they are all about killing gaming anyway. They also held back two games on the Wii U so really I don't think Nintendo isn't too please with them anyway. Hopefully Ubisoft continues to put out bad PR and ends up killing their empire on their own with their stupidity. As for others jumping ship well you don't want to lose them all and this definitely hurts Nintendo but as a gamer all I can do is try my best to convince more people the Wii U is a wonderful gaming system and if people can't see how the Wii U tablet actually adds to games then oh well. I think with EA sports games it would add quite a bit but if gamers can't see this then is EA to keep making games for a system that people aren't buying as much as other consoles? Well the answer is no. Sooooooo ... with that said ... gamers out there you are the problem and are completely stupid for hating on the Wii U as it brings so much different stuff to the table and for the usual titles the touch screen adds stuff that doesn't have to ruin a game or change a game drastically. It only enhances games.

Avatar image for speedfreak48t5p
speedfreak48t5p

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#6 speedfreak48t5p
Member since 2009 • 14417 Posts

@MonsieurX said:

Time travel is an amazing thing.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Jacanuk

@MonsieurX said:

Wrong link , correct link has been placed.

udUbdaWgz1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 udUbdaWgz1
Member since 2014 • 633 Posts

about time. if i owned a gaming company i'd have axed nintendo a long time ago: about when i bought wind waker.

they can have their simpleton, core games all to themselves.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

reap what you sow and to think Wii-U really could have dominated both SONY and MS

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@physxy said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

Good riddance to Ubisoft as they are all about killing gaming anyway. They also held back two games on the Wii U so really I don't think Nintendo isn't too please with them anyway. Hopefully Ubisoft continues to put out bad PR and ends up killing their empire on their own with their stupidity. As for others jumping ship well you don't want to lose them all and this definitely hurts Nintendo but as a gamer all I can do is try my best to convince more people the Wii U is a wonderful gaming system and if people can't see how the Wii U tablet actually adds to games then oh well. I think with EA sports games it would add quite a bit but if gamers can't see this then is EA to keep making games for a system that people aren't buying as much as other consoles? Well the answer is no. Sooooooo ... with that said ... gamers out there you are the problem and are completely stupid for hating on the Wii U as it brings so much different stuff to the table and for the usual titles the touch screen adds stuff that doesn't have to ruin a game or change a game drastically. It only enhances games.

Wii U is too weak and people don't get the appeal of the tablet. Ubisoft isn't killing gaming, at least they tried to support the system. Nintendo did this to themselves. People aren't buying third party games on Wii U, therefore they don't see the reason to even release the games on the console

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

Nintendo, prepare to spend serious money on hardware for your next console or GTFO!

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Oh that.... who cares !

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

I don't really see this as them "quitting" the Wii U, but instead changing there approach to the system. We'll likely still see them support it with titles like Rayman, we just won't see future Assassin's Creeds or the like on the system anymore, but still it's another blow for Nintendo, especially when they've been trying to change peoples views on them with titles like Bayonetta 2.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

No looking good for Nintendo.

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

As long as they still deliver Rayman and another local Co-Op games then its not an issue.

Avatar image for notorious1234na
Notorious1234NA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Notorious1234NA
Member since 2014 • 1917 Posts

Bayonetta wont change minds and the reason Nintendo picked up that game is because franchise was dying.

The only way for Nintendo to change ppls minds is if they acquire Tekken 7, SF5, COD, etc. otherwise Wii just wasting their excess reserves. Instead of changing people's minds, Wii should just do what they do best. Only sell their games, get rid of middleman, and cater to the casual market.

Current sales are better than last gen so who cares. The main reason for the NOT decrease, but less sales than PS4 is because of marketing. Everyone wanted the next gen experience and every reviewer, commentator, friend completely crapped on the Wii-U claiming it to be another PS3. PS4 did their marketing right and duped every ill informed console hero that PS4 would be able to compete with high end PCs. Not once did SONY ever state this, but FPS and 1080p were the only words they needed to dupe a bunch of you hacks. Xbone took a different approach and stated straight up that they were going to turn Xbone into a multimedia machine.

• Wii-U a mediocre console
  • Xbox one trying to imitate a smart TV
  • PS4 failed expectations and no games compare to PC as the console isn't powerful enough

What made the difference and why PS4 winning? Dumb fanboys who couldn't read between the lines and superb marketing done by SONY. If you notice, SONY hardly had any negative publicity since the start of this gen. It has just gotten praise after praise after praise universal critical acclaim. Only now, are the PS4's weaknesses and money grabbing BS coming to light. Reality is the bullet points I mentioned and none of these consoles are considered evolutionary or next level. In fact the jumps are marginal at best.

DHMATT90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By DHMATT90
Member since 2014 • 180 Posts

@yngsten: Nintendo, prepare to spend serious money on hardware for your next console or GTFO!

pretty much, this.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Jacanuk

@Lulu_Lulu said:

As long as they still deliver Rayman and another local Co-Op games then its not an issue.

Of course its a issue when it means no future Watch Dogs, no future Assassins Creed, no Farcry and no other future ip´s Ubisoft makes. Pretending otherwise is being delusional.

Avatar image for deactivated-5998864a726a0
deactivated-5998864a726a0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5998864a726a0
Member since 2014 • 105 Posts

!Wait a moment! Rayman isnt a mature game but some rayman games are good.

If they make a rayman, wiiu can have it because rayman isnt mature.

watchdogsrules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 6

#20 watchdogsrules
Member since 2014 • 551 Posts

@Jacanuk: i don't know if anybody has notice this but when a Nintendo console is released the the major companies make games for it then they leave and Nintendo goes back to making kiddie games. Wii example: COD: WAW, MW3, black ops 1 then it ended there. wii u example: ACIII, COD ghosts , black ops 2, black flag i think and it ended there.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jacanuk

@watchdogsrules said:

@Jacanuk: i don't know if anybody has notice this but when a Nintendo console is released the the major companies make games for it then they leave and Nintendo goes back to making kiddie games. Wii example: COD: WAW, MW3, black ops 1 then it ended there. wii u example: ACIII, COD ghosts , black ops 2, black flag i think and it ended there.

True, also what sold the Wii wasn´t any "mature" games it was the motion controllers and the familiy games. So actually its not that surprising that they leave.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

I buy Ubisoft games for my PS4 so I don't care one way or the other. My Wii U is for Nintendo and Platinum games.