Final Fantasy 6 for GBA or Final Fantasy 6 for SNES (FF3)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

macintosh336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 macintosh336
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
which version is superior? is the translation in the GBA better enough to ignore the superior music of the SNES?
BasilVZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 145

#2 BasilVZero
Member since 2006 • 1971 Posts
[QUOTE="macintosh336"]which version is superior? is the translation in the GBA better enough to ignore the superior music of the SNES?

Translation should be slightly better, the text is better looking imo, audio is a bit weaker than the SNES version due to the fact of the sound card on the GBA. Overall, the FF6 advance version includes a better translation on the menus and includes additional content such as four additional espers/summons: Leviathan, Cactaur, Gilgamesh and Diabolos. You also get two new dungeons not seen in the original game, few new spells, a bestiary and a music test.
macintosh336

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 macintosh336
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
thanks for the response. As far as the better translation goes, is it just on the menu or did they improve some of the dialogue between the characters. Does the translation improve or make certain parts or the story more coherent, or is it just minor things like an occasional phrase and changes in the menu. I guess my real question is, does the improved translation alone warrant me purchasing the GBA version over SNES