Fighter Within Review

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Worst review i have seen so far for a game a 2.7 from IGN

http://www.ign.com/articles/2013/11/22/the-fighter-within-review

ZZoMBiE13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ZZoMBiE13
Member since 2002 • 22934 Posts

I'd like to say "This is a shame", but it's really not. If it were a perfect execution of what they were trying to do, I still wouldn't be interested. I have neither the drive nor the desire to play a game of that design. I play games to relax and unwind. Standing up flailing like a madman just isn't conducive to the experience I want to have.

Kinect is best in the voice command realm and that's really all I ever want it to do. And that's kind of enough. Yes, it's cool that it will sign me in on sight. I dig that. It's even more cool when I can use it to yell something at the characters in a game and it feels immersive. But if I want to dance, I'll take my girlfriend out dancing. If I want to game, I'll be planted like the immovable object that I am.

Randolph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Randolph
Member since 2002 • 10542 Posts

The only Kinect game catching my fancy is the one from Swery. No one expected this game to be even relatively good.

juradai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 juradai
Member since 2003 • 2783 Posts

@Randolph said:

The only Kinect game catching my fancy is the one from Swery. No one expected this game to be even relatively good.

D4 is definitely on my must-buy list as well. I am eagerly anticipating that game. I'm of the group that found Deadly Premonition to be awesome so I'm looking for more of that quirky humor to be carried over to this next release.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#5 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@ZZoMBiE13 said:

I'd like to say "This is a shame", but it's really not. If it were a perfect execution of what they were trying to do, I still wouldn't be interested. I have neither the drive nor the desire to play a game of that design. I play games to relax and unwind. Standing up flailing like a madman just isn't conducive to the experience I want to have.

Kinect is best in the voice command realm and that's really all I ever want it to do. And that's kind of enough. Yes, it's cool that it will sign me in on sight. I dig that. It's even more cool when I can use it to yell something at the characters in a game and it feels immersive. But if I want to dance, I'll take my girlfriend out dancing. If I want to game, I'll be planted like the immovable object that I am.

i totally agree, Kinect games are a gimmick

Morphic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Morphic
Member since 2003 • 4345 Posts

Kinnect 2.0 eh?

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts