Far Cry 3 new gameplay

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -
OMG OMG OMG http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_mvH5yTiWI&t=1m12s
#2 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18523 posts) -
14 days to go
#3 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

Thanks but i'm not watching anymore videos.

#4 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

14 days to goBlack_Knight_00

yes not long to go now i can't believe that there is only 14 days left it was only yesterday when we had to wait 5 months.

#5 Posted by mooooo99 (1249 posts) -

this game looks so good. looking forward to playing chicken with snacker the shark again..

#6 Posted by ristactionjakso (5742 posts) -

Looks like some type of animal control arrows. Sweetness.

Quality of vid is bad tho.

#7 Posted by wiouds (5257 posts) -

The world looks too open so I do not care about this FPS.

#8 Posted by SouL-Tak3R (4024 posts) -

How can you even comment on this thread if you don't like game worlds that are too open, you are obviously not a Far cry fan haha

Anyways, it looks fantastic. I can't wait to play it!

#9 Posted by wiouds (5257 posts) -

How can you even comment on this thread if you don't like game worlds that are too open, you are obviously not a Far cry fan haha

SouL-Tak3R

After beating Far Cry 2 and crysis, I can say I do not like shooters that are too open.

#10 Posted by megadeth1117 (1830 posts) -

Still no console footage. I'm starting to get worried.

#11 Posted by Zensword (3885 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]14 days to gosukraj

yes not long to go now i can't believe that there is only 14 days left it was only yesterday when we had to wait 5 months.

I've been waiting since it's announced back in 2011 E3 :)
#12 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

wiouds

After beating Far Cry 2 and crysis, I can say I do not like shooters that are too open.

Crysis has the best gameplay for a singleplayer FPS campaign this gen. Everything else is just run and gun crap. The ending of Crysis sucked though :P.

#13 Posted by wiouds (5257 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

[QUOTE="SouL-Tak3R"]

NaveedLife

Crysis has the best gameplay for a singleplayer FPS campaign this gen. Everything else is just run and gun crap. The ending of Crysis sucked though :P.

The large amount of openness in Crysis allow for a large amount of time with bad staging. Bad staging is the worse thing for a shooter to have.

#14 Posted by NaveedLife (17179 posts) -

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

wiouds

The large amount of openness in Crysis allow for a large amount of time with bad staging. Bad staging is the worse thing for a shooter to have.

not really sure what you mean, but I enjoyed it. The only thing bad was the ending. Other than that, it felt plenty guided, yet plenty open, so I could tackle situatinos my way. Some epic stealth moments.

#15 Posted by wiouds (5257 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

[QUOTE="NaveedLife"]

NaveedLife

not really sure what you mean, but I enjoyed it. The only thing bad was the ending. Other than that, it felt plenty guided, yet plenty open, so I could tackle situatinos my way. Some epic stealth moments.

Staging is how the level is set up and what challenge the player face. The more control you give the player the less control is given to the developer. I found Crysis level to be just a bit plan with some good fire fight but mostly just bland ones. I would not put Crysis near the stop of the shooters I have played.

Far cry 2 was even worse. The only real high light in that game was me sneaking for a long time. Then taking a silent sniper shoot at a leader and getting away without one shot fired at me. The rest was just a mess of levels.

#16 Posted by danielfadel (9 posts) -
I was never a fan of Far Cry 2 due to the grapics and the game generally. This however looks sweet, I have already pre ordered it
#17 Posted by sukraj (23060 posts) -

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]14 days to goZensword

I've been waiting since it's announced back in 2011 E3 :)

same here been waiting a long time for this game and the wait is nearly over.:)

#18 Posted by o0squishy0o (2764 posts) -

Watching this just reminded me of FarCry instincts Predator. Its like exatly the same visual style, even then I am pretty sure in that game you become infected and you fly around the place. Thinking about it, these games are all remarkably similiar yet are being marketed as a "new game".

#19 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18523 posts) -

Watching this just reminded me of FarCry instincts Predator. Its like exatly the same visual style, even then I am pretty sure in that game you become infected and you fly around the place. Thinking about it, these games are all remarkably similiar yet are being marketed as a "new game".

o0squishy0o
FarCry 3 has nothing to do with Instincts. That game was a semi-linear shooter based around action set pieces, this is a sandbox FPS which gives you the choice between complete stealth or action and is packed with optional sidequests and activities. Aside from being set in the jungle they share virtually nothing.
#20 Posted by Rattlesnake_8 (18414 posts) -

wiouds
lol this made me laugh. You don't like having options and being able to take on your objective from any angle? You can always just go straight to it. If open world isn't your thing then thats fine, stick to the linear games. Shame the linear games are always only 5 hour long campaigns though.
#21 Posted by wiouds (5257 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiouds"]

Rattlesnake_8

lol this made me laugh. You don't like having options and being able to take on your objective from any angle? You can always just go straight to it. If open world isn't your thing then thats fine, stick to the linear games. Shame the linear games are always only 5 hour long campaigns though.

I would choose 5 hour campaign over a longer game that no matter what option you pick you still get bellow average fire figths.

#22 Posted by Minishdriveby (10033 posts) -

14 days to goBlack_Knight_00
*Sigh*.... 18 days to go for the US.

#23 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (18523 posts) -

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]14 days to goMinishdriveby

If it's of any consolation, I'll only get the game around the half of December, since I'm ordering from the Uk and postage is slow around the holidays
#24 Posted by Minishdriveby (10033 posts) -
[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]14 days to goBlack_Knight_00

If it's of any consolation, I'll only get the game around the half of December, since I'm ordering from the Uk and postage is slow around the holidays

I'll probably get it around christmas.
#25 Posted by Venom_Raptor (6958 posts) -

Looks as awesome as ever!