jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

I've been following a few expensive snes games on ebay and I've spotted a few with fake labels and I'm pretty sure the games are fake from looking at the carts. One of them has quite a few bids on it and it's pissing me off. I have the games in question and I can compare the originals to the pics of games being sold. Just a warning for any buyers out there ask to see the inside of the cart and find out what fakes look like.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 cheesie253
Member since 2003 • 1014 Posts

Unfortunately this has been going on for some time now. I collect NES games and I'm down to my last 65 or so games for a complete set. While I've already got a lot of the big money games in the collection already I know when the time comes to buy the rest of the rares I need I won't buy on eBay. I will wait until my local shop my buddy owns gets them in or I will buy from another collector.

Some of the labels that are being slapped onto repros now are so good you can't tell its a fake until you get it. You have to actually open the cart and know about the original boards inside. Even the repro boards have been getting better and a lot use original boards as donors.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Yup, it sucks that people are out there doing this. It's a good idea to use PayPal when paying for stuff like this because they provide protection for up to about $200. Ebay's policies in recent years tend to favor the buyer when there's a dispute, so while the seller might have bailed you should at least be able to get your money back if it happens. Still, it's a good idea to not rely on this and to exercise caution when making online purchases through Ebay in particular.

-Byshop

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By cheesie253

They definitely favor the seller in most cases.

I just advise that if you are buying a rare and expensive game know your stuff well. Dealing with sealed is a whole other level. You have to know seems and shrink wrap variations.

It's a lot to learn but you have to know it. Also find a collectors forum, nintendoage.com is great and where I learned a lot, they have a ton of knowledge and buy/sell sections. I haven't visited in a while but when I was a regular I got huge amounts of games from other members there

They give better deals than eBay and they have a rating system so you can see who is a good seller.

So TC if you haven't already definitely check out nintendoage.com and dig around.

Refresh220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#5 Refresh220
Member since 2014 • 49 Posts

Thanks for the heads up.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

Seams, not seems.

cheesie253

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By cheesie253

@raugutcon:

Thanks for the contribution to the thread and correcting my auto corrected spelling mistake.

raugutcon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 raugutcon
Member since 2014 • 5576 Posts

@cheesie253: get a better autocorrect, the one you have sucks.