Exchanging games between customers: Yes or No?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Banou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Banou
Member since 2017 • 4 Posts

Hello Everybody!

I wanted to know if you would agree to exchange your games that you no longer use against others you're interested in, which belong to an unknown player. If so, you would do it under what conditions? And if not, what would stop you in that process? Thank you :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

No I wouldn't because I want to keep my games and I wouldn't want an exchange programm. If anything, I would sell my games and buy the others.

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9405 Posts

Nah I don't sell games. I've typically regretted selling games in the past; especially those from the PS3 era.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#4 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@banou said:

Hello Everybody!

I wanted to know if you would agree to exchange your games that you no longer use against others you're interested in, which belong to an unknown player. If so, you would do it under what conditions? And if not, what would stop you in that process? Thank you :)

Eh? on what platform.

Are we talking physical or digital? because a trade option on steam/origin/uplay etc.. would be a great idea but if we are talking physical copies than there already is a trade option,

Banou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Banou

@Jacanuk said:
@banou said:

Hello Everybody!

Eh? on what platform.

Are we talking physical or digital? because a trade option on steam/origin/uplay etc.. would be a great idea but if we are talking physical copies than there already is a trade option,

We're talking about physical copies. It would be on any platform, but I guess PC would be useless, since everything is digital there. But this not a sell, it's exchanging one game to another you'd like, with another person who agrees for the exchange as well

Banou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Banou

@pyro1245: This is not selling, it's exchanging games. Companies take games at a price way too low for me, and I think exchanging would be a good alternative

pyro1245

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 pyro1245
Member since 2003 • 9405 Posts

@banou said:

@pyro1245: This is not selling, it's exchanging games. Companies take games at a price way too low for me, and I think exchanging would be a good alternative

Yeah but I guess my point was I don't want to give up my games in case I want to replay them in the future. I've ended up buying a lot of games a second time.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44228 Posts

No because I'm a collector so any game that I buy I want to keep.

Macutchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Macutchi
Member since 2007 • 10456 Posts

i buy a lot of games but i'm still careful with my purchases so very rarely buy a stinker that i'd be happy to swap. and if it's a stinker then not many would want to swap a decent game for it. plus nearly all games on the ps4 that are 6 months old or beyond massively come down in price to around £20 or below so i'd rather just buy anything i didn't pick up on launch when the price drops rather than lose a game through a swap.

i may consider trading in a game against a brand new one but most of my games i like and i will replay at some point