Driveclub release date and microtransaction details

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

Link

Today Design Director Paul Rustchynsky confirmed that the game is saferly headed for the shelves this year, but he declined to give a more precise timeline:

Still coming 2014, unfortunately I can’t share any more.

I wish I could provide a timeframe, but I can’t say anything right now.

He also clarified what he meant with a previous vague statement on microtransactions, promising that there won’t be any “consumable” boost available for purchase in Driveclub.

To be clear on microtransactions, DRIVECLUB will of course offer content to purchase/download. But there will not be any ‘consumables’.

Finally, Rustchynsky mentioned that the Thrustmaster T80 & T500RS racing wheels will be compatible with the game, but “at this stage” he could not comment on other models and brands.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

Hmm, so no new details on the release date, really. I just hope it's still set to come to PS+ upon its arrival as it was supposed to. I don't really anticipate on playing this game otherwise. It's a shame there will be any microtransactions at all, though I guess there aren't many, if any, racing games that don't have some sort of form of them anymore.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#3 The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

Hmm, so no new details on the release date, really. I just hope it's still set to come to PS+ upon its arrival as it was supposed to. I don't really anticipate on playing this game otherwise. It's a shame there will be any microtransactions at all, though I guess there aren't many, if any, racing games that don't have some sort of form of them anymore.

i am hoping for a summer release. I am still optimistic about the game. As for the microtransactions, it's probably just cars