Do any video games make you feel dizzy while playing them?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mister_Mackey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mister_Mackey
Member since 2011 • 384 Posts

I made this thread because there are some games that make me dizzy when I play them and I wanted to see if it happens to anyone else on here.

I bought Oblivion a few months back, and I had to stop playing it because it made me dizzy. Then I recently bought Skyrim, hoping that it wouldn't happen again, but it did. It made me 10 times as dizzy as Oblivion. I only got to enjoy the game for about 5 minutes before I had to stop before I fell on my ass.

Another game (if you call it that) that makes me dizzy is Playstation Home. I can't use that any more either. (I realize most of you probably hate Home anyway).

I was really looking forward to Skyrim too. I'm sure it's a great game. I wish I could enjoy it like everyone else. :(

brucecambell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 brucecambell
Member since 2011 • 1489 Posts

Yes. You may have a bit of photo sensitivity. Although games that you mentioned shouldnt make you feel this way.

Games that would make you feel dizzy & would affect someone with photo sensititivy are shooters. Specifically twitch shooters. Cod, Gears, etc. Playing online for more than 30 minutes really pisses off my brain so i tend to stay away from that these days.

Namgis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

User Lists: 5

#3 Namgis
Member since 2009 • 3592 Posts

SMG has my head spinning for about 7 seconds till my mind and eyes adjusted. I'm glad it's not more than that, I would hate to quit gaming because of it.

Everiez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Everiez
Member since 2006 • 1946 Posts

Yes, they made me dizzy or nauseous. I managed to find the cause:

• Every single FP (first person) view games.
  • Every single over the shoulder TP (third person) games.
  • TP with close up character view.
  • Bad aesthetic graphic style (not to be confused with graphic quality) or bad color combination can make things hard to find. This will strain your eyes faster too.
  • Excessive blur, blur or incorrect gamma.
Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
Don't worry! there are MANY! gamers like this, myself included. I am having problems with some games too lately, but mine may also be related to something else. Games that seem to give me problems lately are the latest Call of Duty games and the latest Battlefield games (as weird as it sounds). They make me feel sick, dizzy, tired etc. and I've never had this problem before... will try them again in a few weeks, because as I said, my problems may also be related to something else so it may be temporary. But also keep in mind that a poor TV can be VERY effective for this. My TV isn't that good at all, and whatever I do on it for more than, say, 2 hours (even watching stuff), causes my mind to go strange a little... yeah, I need a new TV at some point. It flickers, has ghosting... the lot. It is pretty old though, over 6-7 years...
woodystew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 woodystew
Member since 2008 • 28 Posts
Super mario galaxy when on small planets or playing on a level with lots of turns etc ....... also spinning around on FPS for a while too but thats expected lol
Sweetbackhair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 Sweetbackhair
Member since 2007 • 2959 Posts
Duke Nukem 3D makes me dizzy bad!
ghostofzabis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 ghostofzabis
Member since 2005 • 2601 Posts

In Witcher 1 the castle scene at the opening, it kept rotating for me which made me dizzy I had to force myself through it. Glad there weren't more rotating cameras afterwards. Some FPS also make me dizzy, though not all of them.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

You might have epilepsy on a really small scale.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts
The only game that has ever made me dizzy was Mirror's Edge... and that was after 6 hours of playing.
lensflare15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lensflare15
Member since 2010 • 6652 Posts

No, I can't think of any that left me dizzy. Occasionally I get a headache though if I play in the dark too long or something...

jonleeprice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 jonleeprice
Member since 2011 • 1455 Posts

Nope my brain and eyes work perfectly :D

Avatar image for Smokescreened84
Smokescreened84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 Smokescreened84
Member since 2005 • 2565 Posts
I tend to feel queasy with games like Doom and the majority of FPS shooters, I also get a headache and feel ill with games that use 3D.
planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

original twisted metal perhaps upscaled on ps3 it looked so bad