Crysis Demo Impressions

• 53 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

My PC just couldn't handle it, only got around 20fps at best, so I had to play it at the office, with everybody sneaking in to get a peek. As you can imagine, the circumstances were far from ideal. Still, I enjoyed it lots. It IS a bit too similar to Far Cry, which I didn't really like that much. Only this time, the concept is really done justice, can't put it otherwise. There is real freedom of movement and action, the size of the levels is insane, but at the same time it doesn't feel as overblown and random as FC, it is really tight in the way it handles the mechanics.

I wouldn't say it's a revolution of any kind, but it's so rich and impressive at times that you just can't help feeling awed by it. Jury's still out on whether it's actually as fun as technically impressive, but the fighting is for lack of a better word, awesome.

HiResDes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 HiResDes
Member since 2004 • 5919 Posts

PC Gamer reportedly gave this game a 98% (is it me or are too many games scoring over 90 in the past two months)

Highs: A graphical powerhouse, immersive, open-ended sandbox that encourages emergent gameplay, well-placed storyline, meticulously detailed; engrossing multiplayer, included map editor.

Lows: Alien AI not as spectacular as North Korean AI; enemies can sometimes absorb too much damage; a few minor glitches.

Bottom Line: Destined to be a clasyc, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year

GARIOT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#53 GARIOT
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

I'm not a hardcore gamer - I just like to play what games I can, within my basic abilities. I've completed the Crysis demo and, to be harsh, it's just a FPS with a party dress on. That said, it's a 'fling her on the bed, bend her over and shag her brains out' sort of a party dress. I'm glad I've got a PC that can cope with it - but I'm not sure I will.

Still, you know what it's like - in 10 years we'll all be wondering how we ever managed to put up with such primitive graphics!

GARIOT