Narpstar2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Narpstar2
Member since 2016 • 9 Posts

Purchased Crysis 3, and it won't start at all. No error, no black screen, nothing. Every other game on my system runs just fine. I purchased it second hand, I'm wondering if there is anything the previous owner could of done that might prevent the game from working. Like a cracked version of the game or something? I couldn't find any files in the registry or anything like that, but I thought it was worth asking.

I've searched all over the internet for answers. Found a couple of suggestions, like disabling Origin in game, and deleting the files inc:\programdata\electronics arts\services\licenses, but no luck. Also tried starting the game in administrator mode and Windows 7 compatibility mode.

Any other ideas? Thanks

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

What do you mean you purchased it second hand? Crysis 3 has a one time use code that ties the game to the Origin account it's redeemed to (forever and irreversibly, as far as I know). I wonder how you were able to redeem it, though? Or were you?

Is the problem happening when you put in the disk and nothing happens? If so, sorry but I think you got scammed because of the above reasons. If you bought it off eBay, file a complaint with PayPal.

That's all the info I have, sorry. You might want to head over to the PC forum to try for help as well. Maybe the SATA data cable for your DVD drive came loose? I don't know. But the guys over there know their stuff.

Narpstar2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Narpstar2

Man, sorry I was somewhat distracted when I wrote that! I meant the PC was purchased second hand, and maybe the previous owner had a cracked version of the game installed.

I purchased the game through Origin as a digital download. Sorry for the confusion!

While I'm at it, here are my specs:

i5 6600

R9 390

8GB RAM

WIN 10 64BIT

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

Ahhh! That makes a lot more sense!. Well.... Your specs are more than fine. I'm going to assume you have tried running it as admin, though try it if you haven't. Have you tried to repair the game through Origin? Right click on the box art and go down to "repair game". Doesn't take very long and usually fixes any install issues. Might as well check for updates while you're at it, even though it SHOULD download them automatically.

I wouldn't think the previous owner's activities would effect a legit copy of a game, especially if every other one works fine, but I could be wrong.

Try reinstalling DirectX and VC redist. If you own any games on Steam, just install and run one and that will do it. You can also find both in the Crysis 3 install directory (program files (x86)>Origin Games> Crysis 3>_Installer>directx and vc) just run the installers in the folders.

....You could also try to open the command prompt as an admin and type "sfc /scannow" without the quotes wait for it to complete and reboot. It repairs Windows system files that could be messing with the game. Don't worry, it doesn't effect your personal files in any way.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

If I buy a PC secondhand, I'd wipe the drive and install my own OS first. You never know what's lurking with a previous owner's install.

Narpstar2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Narpstar2

Thanks for all your help guys! Figured it out. The Windows Management Instrumentation service was disabled! I had disabled it at some point, following some guide to fix something or other. Seemed like a dubious move at the time, but it fixed my issue so I just left it. Funny thing is, I'd been speaking to EA, and they'd given me some troubleshooting steps to follow. I'd gone through them all with no luck, so they recommended I send them a dxdiag and an msinfo file. It was only in attempting to produce the msinfo file that I realised WMI had been disabled, because I couldn't produce the file without re-enabling it!

Anyway, it seemed funny to me at the time... maybe just because of the elation I felt from finally figuring it out.

Thanks again guys!

April7890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 April7890
Member since 2016 • 6 Posts

Hi,

I've played this game, but after it starts from 2nd mission in which player goes out from industrial area thing, all of a sudden it stops by giving no error :-(, any one can help me with this issue?