Crash bandicoot Vs. Mario 64

• 129 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jakandsig
Member since 2010 • 471 Posts

As the 3D gaming craze evolved, the N64 and Sony PS1/x had two heroes, that games would be based off of.

Crash Bandicoot brough beautiful scenary, a high difficulty level, wonderful boss fightsand fun challenges in a very linear path but with unique level and art designs in a well animated world. (Playstation)

Mario 64, was the first 3D mario game. Including wider levels for more free movment, with bright and colorful worlds, with a whole new get the star adventure.

Cons:

Crash Bandicoot was linear, but it offered varied levels/challnges and boss's to make up for it. Main complaints about crash are its insane difficulty balance. One level may be hard, the other you just get punished all the time. Another is the save sysytem. Memory card or not, there is only one way to save. You must collect 3 tokens that take you to a bonus world. You have one try to get through and you must make it to the end to save or get a password from crash's kidnapped girlfriend. Problem is, not all levles have these token crates, so you may be panicking every time you go through a few tough levels without seeing any. Getting 100% in the game is also considered one of the most hardest things to do in a game of all time, mostly because you can't die in a level and get all boxes.

Mario 64 right off the bat was blocky, and the colors seemes bland with no detail. including the designs of some objects. Despite Marios more 3D roaming world, the game still play linear, and it is still the "Complet the level and obtain a star" that isn't new. While there are a few different ways to get these stars in each level, it becomes the same thing over and over again for the rest of the game. The 3D camera does not work as well as it should, but it tries its best. Mario's running speed is terrible even though his running animation would state other wise, and the game isn't really to challenging since you basically get stars the same way almost through the whole entire game.

Which of these 2 games did you have more fun with?

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#2 Darkman2007
Member since 2007 • 17926 Posts

very hard to compare, I liked both , but at the same time both have been outdone, on their own respective systems.

just depends on the mood I guess

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

I don't like Mario 64, probably worse then all the Rare platformers on N64, so I'd rather player Bandicoot. However, Kazooie/Tooie are far and away better then both.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Darkman2007

I don't like Mario 64, probably worse then all the Rare platformers on N64, so I'd rather player Bandicoot. However, Kazooie/Tooie are far and away better then both.

magnax1
as far as Im concerned, Crash1 was outdone by its sequels, and Mario 64 was outdone by the likes of Banjo and Conker :P
jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jakandsig
BUT STAYING ON TOPIC. Which do you prefer and prehaps a reason why would help.
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#6 amari24
Member since 2007 • 1899 Posts

Defintley Crash Bandicoot. Mario 64 got so repetetive after about 10 minutes. Even though Crash was more linear, it had much more action and other interesting things going on, whereas Mario 64 you're just running around trying to find stuff to do. Don't get me wrong, Mario 64 was a good game for it's time, but looking back now and then, I prefer Crash by far. A more fair comparrison would be Spyro and Mario 64, since both games are more similar. And I'd still take Spyro as it had much better action sequences, and I didn't get bored with it because it had tons of things to find and places to explore. It also had a few hidden levels, and the levels themselves felt more unique than Mario 64.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#7 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Mario 64 is one of the best games ever to grace a system and still holds up very well.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#8 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

I'm not a big fan of Mario 64, either. IMO, it's the weakest entry in the main Super Mario Series, while the rest of them were superb. So my vote goes to Crash Bandicoot. I loved the heck out of the first game. And yeah, it is hard. But that's part of it's charm, you get better at as the game goes on. And it only gets really hard later in the game, so it's not like it's unplayable.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Darkman2007

I'm not a big fan of Mario 64, either. IMO, it's the weakest entry in the main Super Mario Series, while the rest of them were superb. So my vote goes to Crash Bandicoot. I loved the heck out of the first game. And yeah, it is hard. But that's part of it's charm, you get better at as the game goes on. And it only gets really hard later in the game, so it's not like it's unplayable.

Emerald_Warrior
I actually find it hard to compare Mario 64 and Crash , they are quite different , mainly due to the more open ended nature of Mario 64. I suppose if I had to pick it would be Crash , but my choice on that one will probably change as often as the weather
pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#10 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts

Crash left a huge mark on my childhood. I loved the games, the overall wackiness and challenge was enough to keep me playing it for hours. Mario 64 felt kind of serious and I didn't like that. I also like the navigation between levels more on Crash. Also, my PSN ID kind of gives it away aswell.

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 amari24

Crash left a huge mark on my childhood. I loved the games, the overall wackiness and challenge was enough to keep me playing it for hours. Mario 64 felt kind of serious and I didn't like that. I also like the navigation between levels more on Crash. Also, my PSN ID kind of gives it away aswell.

pataponplayer
Yeah, I agree. I don't have anything against Mario 64, but I honestly couldn't play it for long periods of time without getting bored out of my mind. Crash kept me entertained from start to finish, and it still does today.
M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#12 M3tr4nk0
Member since 2008 • 889 Posts

I don't really like the first Crash Bandicoot, its difficulty level is all over the place, the save system is ridiculous, it gets repetitive after a while (there's really not much variety)... it's just too frustrating. However, I like Crash 2 and 3 a lot.

Super Mario 64 wins in my book. Simple yet fun platforming all the way, really addictive, and I loved exploring to find all the stars. Graphics aren't the best, but who cares? It's amazing how well it holds up 15 years later.

To the TC: Please edit the thread to include a poll!

JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

I never played the originalcrash bandicoot games (i know) but mario 64 is overrated and the best levels are those linear bowser stages, so i think i will like crash bandicoot more

amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 amari24

I never played the originalcrash bandicoot games (i know) but mario 64 is overrated and the best levels are those linear bowser stages, so i think i will like crash bandicoot more

JuarN18
Mario 64 is highly overrated. It's not even the best 3D platformer on it's respective system, never mind the best platformer (people have claimed this) of the 5th generation.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Darkman2007
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

amari24
Mario 64 is highly overrated. It's not even the best 3D platformer on it's respective system, never mind the best platformer (people have claimed this) of the 5th generation.

people claim alot of things. I think Mario 64 is recognised because it was the first N64 game, and because it was one of the first really good 3D platformers (the only big competition I remember was Tomb Raider on the PS/Saturn, Crash and Nights are quite different to Mario 64, so I generally don't compare them)
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 JuarN18
[QUOTE="JuarN18"]

amari24

the game is fun don't get me wrong but the "platforming" part in mario 64 (excluding the bowser stages) is not that fun
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 amari24
[QUOTE="amari24"][QUOTE="JuarN18"]

Darkman2007

people claim alot of things. I think Mario 64 is recognised because it was the first N64 game, and because it was one of the first really good 3D platformers (the only big competition I remember was Tomb Raider on the PS/Saturn, Crash and Nights are quite different to Mario 64, so I generally don't compare them)

Yeah, I said that my first post, I think Crash is too linear to be compared to Mario 64. Maybe a better question would've been Spyro or Mario 64, or Gex, even though Gex wasn't as big of a game as Spyro and Mario 64, it wasn't as linear as Crash.
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 amari24
[QUOTE="amari24"][QUOTE="JuarN18"]

JuarN18

the game is fun don't get me wrong but the "platforming" part in mario 64 (excluding the bowser stages) is not that fun

The main thing that ruined the game for me were the camera angles, especially when you were on a stage where boulders or something are coming at you. It was pain. But like I said, it was a good game for it's time. I just don't think it's aged very well as a platformer.
dsrules13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 dsrules13
Member since 2010 • 1624 Posts

I didn't find Crash terribly hard. Sure, some levels were, but I didn't feel like any were unfairly dificult.

magnax1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 magnax1
Member since 2007 • 4605 Posts

[QUOTE="magnax1"]

Darkman2007

as far as Im concerned, Crash1 was outdone by its sequels, and Mario 64 was outdone by the likes of Banjo and Conker :P

Probably true. Really I don't remember crash that terribly well, I just remember that and Metal gear were the only games I wanted to play on PS1 when I was a kid.

pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 pataponplayer

I didn't find Crash terribly hard. Sure, some levels were, but I didn't feel like any were unfairly dificult.

dsrules13
I beat this game when I was 7. So I can't help but laugh at those who complain about it being difficult.
Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="Darkman2007"][QUOTE="magnax1"]

magnax1

Probably true. Really I don't remember crash that terribly well, I just remember that and Metal gear were the only games I wanted to play on PS1 when I was a kid.

I have Crash 1 and Crash 3, and Crash 3 is basically like the first but better in pretty much every way
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 amari24
[QUOTE="dsrules13"]

pataponplayer
I beat this game when I was 7. So I can't help but laugh at those who complain about it being difficult.

Crash isn't all that hard. When I first played it, it was all about trial and error until I found out how to get past each obstacle. Crash is hard in a fun and challenging way, not in a cheap way.
jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jakandsig

[QUOTE="pataponplayer"][QUOTE="dsrules13"]

amari24

Crash isn't all that hard. When I first played it, it was all about trial and error until I found out how to get past each obstacle. Crash is hard in a fun and challenging way, not in a cheap way.

I only have a problem with the bridges which EVERYONE WILL have a problem with, especially the last bridge. But it was still fun.

I don't really like the first Crash Bandicoot, its difficulty level is all over the place, the save system is ridiculous, it gets repetitive after a while (there's really not much variety)... it's just too frustrating. However, I like Crash 2 and 3 a lot. Super Mario 64 wins in my book. Simple yet fun platforming all the way, really addictive, and I loved exploring to find all the stars. Graphics aren't the best, but who cares? It's amazing how well it holds up 15 years later

Crash has held up way more than Mario 64 has. Mario 64 has held up as badly as OoT and really, at this point, only fans of the game deny this from what I have seen. Mario 64 is a DECENT game IMO however, it is way more repetitive than crash as you do the same thing the whole game. Heck some of the stages look the same, and in some DIFFERENT stages, like comparing the snow area to the first level, you wonder if they didn't just recolor the same stage and add snowflakes. I do agree Crash had a higher difficulty level, but IMO was way more controllable then Mario and some great game came from crash (See Spyro, Croc, or a few other platfomers. Oh and Jak.) However, it is FACTUAL Crash was more of a platformer than mario as the platforming parts played a bit worse than Gex in some levels and that' pretty bad, and focused more on running around the enviorment. But my main complaint about the game is the sole fact that there really isn't much in the BIG worlds mario has. Sees empty. Same with Banjo although it is better IMO.

Oh and I don't know how to make a poll on this forum.

M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 M3tr4nk0

Oh and I don't know how to make a poll on this forum.

jakandsig

Click the "Select an action below" box on your first post of the thread, select "Edit", click the"Create/Edit Poll" button on the bottom left.

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jakandsig
I do not have that option.
M3tr4nk0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 M3tr4nk0

I do not have that option.jakandsig

Ah, I just noticed you're at Level 3, I had forgotten you have to be at least Lv 5 to create polls, sorry!

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#28 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

super mario 64 pwned crash and any platformer besides banjo and dk64

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 jakandsig
Just because your username is indicating you like horrible kart racers and only support it because marios name is on it does not mean you can come in a platfomer discussion, use the word pwn, and give us no real reasons.
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 amari24

mariokart64fan
Rayman 2, Spyro, Gex, and Crash, put Mario 64 to shame. But considering your username shows your N64 bias, I'm not surprised you'd think that.
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 JuarN18
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

amari24
Rayman 2, Spyro, Gex, and Crash, put Mario 64 to shame. But considering your username shows your N64 bias, I'm not surprised you'd think that.

I agree with Rayman 2... but Gex!! Gex is not that good :P
amari24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 amari24
[QUOTE="amari24"][QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

JuarN18

I agree with Rayman 2... but Gex!! Gex is not that good :P

I had more fun with Gex than Mario 64. Only thing I hated about Gex were the camera angles.
pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 pataponplayer

We also have to take into consideration, this was Naughty Dog's first game, they were brand new, and Crash was a pretty great first game, was it not?

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jakandsig

We also have to take into consideration, this was Naughty Dog's first game, they were brand new, and Crash was a pretty great first game, was it not?

pataponplayer
WRONG. Was not Naughy Doggs first game.
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

I think at least graphically, Crash Bandicoot looks better. Mario seems more messy and less focused to me. Perhaps this can also be said of the gameplay, keeping in mind that SM64 was aiming to be more open ended and free.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i remember going to toysrus and seeing the mario64 display and around back was the crash bandicoot one.... i tried crash and i was like...nah

mario 64 was open world light years ahead of its time..loved it.

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Darkman2007

I think at least graphically, Crash Bandicoot looks better. Mario seems more messy and less focused to me. Perhaps this can also be said of the gameplay, keeping in mind that SM64 was aiming to be more open ended and free.

hakanakumono
Mario 64 actually isnt very texture heavy (some things were outright flat shaded),, its more the expansive nature of it that impressed people I think
nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

Crash is more of a "2.5D" platformer whereas Mario 64 was the first true (let's leave some early tries shall we?) 3D platformer. I think it's undeniable that Mario 64 did a whole lot more to evolve the genre than Crash. Crash just built upon what made platformers like Earthworm Jim fun and set in into 3D graphics. Mario 64, on the other hand, made a whole new genre (again, counting out some early trys). The level design and control in Mario 64 I also feel is superior to Crash and the graphical minimalism in Mario 64 does not bother me at all.

However, I liked Banjo-Kazooie a lot more than Mario 64. And I also think Crash 3 is much better than the first one.

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

Crash is more of a "2.5D" platformer whereas Mario 64 was the first true (let's leave some early tries shall we?) 3D platformer. I think it's undeniable that Mario 64 did a whole lot more to evolve the genre than Crash. Crash just built upon what made platformers like Earthworm Jim fun and set in into 3D graphics. Mario 64, on the other hand, made a whole new genre (again, counting out some early trys). The level design and control in Mario 64 I also feel is superior to Crash and the graphical minimalism in Mario 64 does not bother me at all.

However, I liked Banjo-Kazooie a lot more than Mario 64. And I also think Crash 3 is much better than the first one.

nameless12345

There were some 2.5D levels on Crash Bandicoot, sure, but it wasn't nearly the whole game. A ton of the levels were 3D, no doubt 3D. It just wasn't as open-world feeling as Super Mario 64.

Avatar image for CaptianPeachfuz
CaptianPeachfuz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#40 CaptianPeachfuz
Member since 2005 • 402 Posts

How can you even put Crash Bandicoot and Mario 64 in the same sentence? Crash Bandicoot was popular, yes. Crash was even the mascot for the Sony Playstation in the late 90's. However, it didn't really change how we viewed 3D platforming games like Mario 64. Mario 64 revolutionized the way 3-D games would be made and played.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#41 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

Just because your username is indicating you like horrible kart racers and only support it because marios name is on it does not mean you can come in a platfomer discussion, use the word pwn, and give us no real reasons.jakandsig

Horrible in YOUR opinion. I don't understand....

1)your need for everyone to conform to what YOU like.

2)people getting trashed because they DON'T.

3)when people explain howTHEY feel about a game,why THEY like it or don't, and that not being good enough for you.

Also: who are you to tell anyone they can't join a discussion?!

Darkman2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Darkman2007

[QUOTE="jakandsig"]Just because your username is indicating you like horrible kart racers and only support it because marios name is on it does not mean you can come in a platfomer discussion, use the word pwn, and give us no real reasons.Koi-Neon-X

Horrible in YOUR opinion. I don't understand....

1)your need for everyone to conform to what YOU like.

2)people getting trashed because they DON'T.

3)when people explain howTHEY feel about a game,why THEY like it or don't, and that not being good enough for you.

Also: who are you to tell anyone they can't join a discussion?!

meh , I can be occasionally accused of that I will admit :P
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Koi-Neon-X

My opinion: I LIKE Super Mario 64 MORE than I like Crash Bandicoot. I've played and completed both and I found MY experience with Super Mario 64 (and Crash Bandicoot for that matter)to be a GOOD one. I don't think it's repetitive and I don't find anything wrong with the graphics. It's not running on a PC,PS3, or XBOX 360 (even though both of those systems have been known for their own shortcomings in the graphics department) --I don't care asgraphics don't make a game. Many elements involved in that and one the major elements is gameplay. I accept the game for what it is and that's a fun experience with one of the most famous video game characters on the Nintendo 64.

Avatar image for Banjo_Kongfooie
Banjo_Kongfooie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Banjo_Kongfooie
Member since 2007 • 3838 Posts
Well Mario Curbstomped Crash imo as it was massive and less linear then Crash Bandicoot. Mario 64 also packed 100x the content that the original crash packed (hyperbole but Mario 64 and the N64 platformers had an astounding amount of content).
jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 jakandsig

How can you even put Crash Bandicoot and Mario 64 in the same sentence? Crash Bandicoot was popular, yes. Crash was even the mascot for the Sony Playstation in the late 90's. However, it didn't really change how we viewed 3D platforming games like Mario 64. Mario 64 revolutionized the way 3-D games would be made and played.

CaptianPeachfuz

Can you please tell me WHAT GAMES play like Mario 64 to THIS day other than Mario games? Noen! Spyro was made b Crash, Jak was made to play like crash, Ratchet played its own way. Now back on topic, Mario was more open ended. but shorter than Crash, especially when trying to get 100%. Crash is also harder than Mario and you will be going through several unique levels with new challenges and all kinds of **** going on. Mario seems to be a tad lacking in activity, but that's not my problem with it, my problem is that the games has you doing the same things to get a star the majority of the game in SIMILLAR looking levels IMO. Crash games became better per game. The fact you can have a good playing game tha's linear get better 3 time in a row is impressive. Crash 1 did a lot in showing what the PS1 could do, and the result was great games in other genres coming out with even better results. Excluding the GTA that is. But Crash has its own problems. I would say a tie between the two, but crash was more fun and had better boss'' IMO. It also had beautiful levels that matched the theme and music almost ever level. However the bad collisions on the bridges will irritate you a little.

Talldude80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Talldude80
Member since 2003 • 6321 Posts

the original crash bandicoot is horrible compared to mario64. i think some people who think Crash1 is better need to play both games back to back again. you might "remember" crash as being better, but it's really not even close.

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jakandsig

the original crash bandicoot is horrible compared to mario64. i think some people who think Crash1 is better need to play both games back to back again. you might "remember" crash as being better, but it's really not even close.

Talldude80
Can you at least point out WHY or will you be just leaving this vague opinion?
Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Koi-Neon-X

[QUOTE="CaptianPeachfuz"]

jakandsig

Can you please tell me WHAT GAMES play like Mario 64 to THIS day other than Mario games? Noen! Spyro was made b Crash, Jak was made to play like crash, Ratchet played its own way. Now back on topic, Mario was more open ended. but shorter than Crash, especially when trying to get 100%. Crash is also harder than Mario and you will be going through several unique levels with new challenges and all kinds of **** going on. Mario seems to be a tad lacking in activity, but that's not my problem with it, my problem is that the games has you doing the same things to get a star the majority of the game in SIMILLAR looking levels IMO. Crash games became better per game. The fact you can have a good playing game tha's linear get better 3 time in a row is impressive. Crash 1 did a lot in showing what the PS1 could do, and the result was great games in other genres coming out with even better results. Excluding the GTA that is. But Crash has its own problems. I would say a tie between the two, but crash was more fun and had better boss'' IMO. It also had beautiful levels that matched the theme and music almost ever level. However the bad collisions on the bridges will irritate you a little.

Super Mario Galaxy is a pretty decent game and from the looks of it has some shades of Mario 64. As for the length of the game Mario 64 gave me plenty to do with many different levels to explore (since when did length make a game bad?) I've played shorter games that packed enough punch to make me go "WOW! that was awesome!"video games don't need to be 1000 hourslong to be good.Crash harder than Mario? I guess that would depend on the player now wouldn't it? I breezed through all the Crash Bandicoot games (must have been from all the experience I racked up playing those Super Mario Bros. games) You're saying the Super Mario Bros. games didn't get better with each installment? really?! okay so I suppose the jump from Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. 2 to Super Mario Bros. 3, on to Super Mario World, Sunshine, Galaxy and all the rest was just not that great? hmm...okay but that's YOUR opinion.

Crash Bandicoot was an enjoyable series I give it a ton of credit for being imaginative and above all else fun. I did the same thing over and over again in Super Mario Bros. and I loved it! lacking in activity? does that apply to all of them or just Mario 64 because I played that game for days on end and didn't seem to run out of things to do until I collected every single star.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Koi-Neon-X

Talldude80

I don't think Crash Bandicoot is horrible in comparsion. The words that come to mind are "caliber" and "league" and clearly these two games are in a league of their own. It all comes down to how the player experienced a particular title. Some peope come away thinking that Crash Bandicoot is better than Mario 64 based on their experience and likes. I personally love Mario 64, but don't hate Crash Bandicoot because of it nor do I think Crash Bandicoot is lackluster in any way, shape, or form (heck even Crash Team Racing was very good). So, I think both games are good and worth playing.

jakandsig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 jakandsig

[QUOTE="jakandsig"]

[QUOTE="CaptianPeachfuz"]

Koi-Neon-X

Super Mario Galaxy is a pretty decent game and from the looks of it has some shades of Mario 64. As for the length of the game Mario 64 gave me plenty to do with many different levels to explore (since when did length make a game bad?) I've played shorter games that packed enough punch to make me go "WOW! that was awesome!"video games don't need to be 1000 hourslong to be good.Crash harder than Mario? I guess that would depend on the player now wouldn't it? I breezed through all the Crash Bandicoot games (must have been from all the experience I racked up playing those Super Mario Bros. games) You're saying the Super Mario Bros. games didn't get better with each installment? really?! okay so I suppose the jump from Super Mario Bros. to Super Mario Bros. 2 to Super Mario Bros. 3, on to Super Mario World, Sunshine, Galaxy and all the rest was just not that great? hmm...okay but that's YOUR opinion.

Crash Bandicoot was an enjoyable series I give it a ton of credit for being imaginative and above all else fun. I did the same thing over and over again in Super Mario Bros. and I loved it! lacking in activity? does that apply to all of them or just Mario 64 because I played that game for days on end and didn't seem to run out of things to do until I collected every single star.

The first 2 or so senteces of your post was already said clearly in my post. Only Mario games play like Mario64. pay attention Crash is Harder than Mario to get 100% is a fact. Notice I said 100%. But of ocurse, you were not looking. The Gem challenges were made difficult on purpose. If not hard, then more irritating, either way, Mario is easier/less irritating. I never said shorts games were bad. I just sait Crash was longer ad that was why I thought it was better. Notice I said I? No? Oh to busy thinking I said Mario 64 suckes. Wait, I never said that. Mario games got better with each installment? I love how you replaced it with me saying SUPER MARIO games. Even so, it stilll does not IMPROVE per game. That''s like saying Call of Duty Black Ops is better game then WAW or MW2 despite the fact the game to its core is exactly the same other than 2 gimmicks. Wonderful example, Mario Galaxy 2. Is in no way different from the first except Yoshi which was the MAIN difference mentioned. Replace Mario with Sonic riding a tiger, or Cloud riding a Chocobo and the game would have been criticized for exactly what I just said. The game may still e fun for some people, the it's the same formula and the same gameplay. Is that a bad thing? That's subjective, but saying Mario has IMPROVED? Don't make me laugh. Crash changes the game with all 5 of its PS1 installments. SUPER MARIO (As you said) didn't. However, that's not the point though. I said MARIO games, because none of the other Mario games on the N64 were SUPER MARIO games. MARIO games got worse and worse on the system. But hey I even said that was MY OPINION> Which you didn't read. Back on topic, I believe Mario to be god in a way, but I just felt like a bland experience to me.