Can graphics in games become noticeably better?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-593ae46c87829
deactivated-593ae46c87829

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-593ae46c87829
Member since 2009 • 42 Posts

Like, how PS2 graphics looked more improved from those on PS.

Current consoles, or rather, even best looking games on PC (I don't play them, but I saw some videos on YouTube), don't seem to me all that much better than from PS3 / X360 / Wii era.

Putting aside possible standard of 1080p being the lowest resolution, and 60fps for big consoles, and even higher for PCs, what else can there be improved?

Do some games already have textures, physics, sense of space, and clarity really close to that IRL?

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Calm down,the gen just started

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Ofcourse they can get better.... But why wait... Just get a PC.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

@Psajdak said:

Like, how PS2 graphics looked more improved from those on PS.

Current consoles, or rather, even best looking games on PC (I don't play them, but I saw some videos on YouTube), don't seem to me all that much better than from PS3 / X360 / Wii era.

Putting aside possible standard of 1080p being the lowest resolution, and 60fps for big consoles, and even higher for PCs, what else can there be improved?

Do some games already have textures, physics, sense of space, and clarity really close to that IRL?

It's not just about resolution or even FPS, it's about lighting and how much info you can put into a game and run it at the same time. The PS4 is 16 times more powerful than the PS3 and is even easier to program for. You'll notice the difference when they stop doing cross gen games