BranKetra's Playthroughs 8/24/2014: TES V: Skyrim LE

This topic is locked from further discussion.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By branketra
Member since 2006 • 51726 Posts

This week, I will be playing Dishonored for the PlayStation 3. It is the standard edition thus there will be no DLC content as part of the playthrough this week. I am restarting from the beginning on the most difficult setting. From now on, the weekly playthroughs will cycle anywhere from late Sundays to early Mondays until I play all my games.

Developer: Arkane Studios
Developer: Arkane Studios

Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

I will begin by saying the graphics are good for a PS3 game compared to 2014 standards. The Victorian art style is used well for this unique blend of technology and magic. Faces are much better than they were at the beginning of its generation. The controls are not as good as tight as modern Halo or Call of Duty franchises, but they will suffice.

As far as the difficulty, it is realistic in that a few sword strikes can mean certain death, so the benefits of stealth will likely be utilized for much of the game if possible. This game has numerous game of the year awards, so I imagine that the potential of all its mechanics will be realized throughout it. I am making a prison escape and I rendered three guards unconscious. Non-lethal methods of subduing are my preference and the choice is something I like about it very much.

Hopefully, I can finish this within a week.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#2 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

This game will make you a stealth machine. You can go the action-heavy route, but the game will make you suffer for it as you progress. Trust me, I've tried. Stealth is the best option.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

User Lists: 0

#3 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@BranKetra said:

This week, I will be playing Dishonored for the PlayStation 3. It is the standard edition thus there will be no DLC content as part of the playthrough this week. I am beginning from the beginning on the most difficult setting. From now on, the weekly playthroughs will begin on late Sunday to early Monday until I play all my games.

I will begin by saying the graphics are good for a PS3 game compared to 2014 standards. The Victorian art style is used well for this unique blend of technology and magic. Faces are much better than they were at the beginning of its generation with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, another title by Bethesda. The controls are not as good as tight as modern Halo or Call of Duty franchises, but they will suffice.

As far as the difficulty, it is realistic in that a few sword strikes can mean certain death, so the benefits of stealth will likely be utilized for much of the game if possible. This game has numerous game of the year awards, so I imagine that the potential of all its mechanics will be realized throughout it. I am making a prison escape and I rendered three guards unconscious. Non-lethal methods of subduing are my preference and the choice is something I like about it very much.

Hopefully, I can finish this within a week.

Good game and if this is your first playthrough i am sure you will enjoy it if "splintercell/Thief/stealth" games are something you like.

Also a small advice take your time, explore all the areas it can be rewarding and the DLC if you should pick them up is worth it.

Particular the last one, thats a really good one.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By branketra

When given the option of stealth or action, I will usually choose the former for various reasons.

Thank you both for the advice.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 branketra

Note to self: Avoid the rats.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By branketra

I am in Dunwall Sewers, now. I managed to incapacitate every enemy so far. Stealth is definitely my favorite way to play this game.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By branketra

Developer: Bethesda Game Studios

Publisher: Bethesda Softworks

Dishonored's weekly playthrough is done. I stopped enjoying during the second mission. The mechanics are good, graphics are pleasing, and lore is sort of interesting. The colors and environments are rather dull, though. I am going to keep moving forward.

I will be playing from the beginning. I read a report of someone finishing the main quest in about eighteen hours, so a week should be plenty of time to do some side quests and finish on time. My preference for played race is Redguard and this playthrough will be no different. I am going to make a two-handed sword build with destruction and restoration powers. He is going to wear heavy armor and be a really awesome guy with superpowers. This week is going to be very good.

Dovahkiin!

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#8 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

@BranKetra: excellent choice of game. I personally do a shield-and-sword build with destruction powers, as well as being a master blacksmith (I love building my own weapons and armor). As for the main quest, it's roughly 20 - 30 hours depending on how much time you spend traveling from point to point and how powerful you are at certain parts, as well as factoring in getting distracted by the sheer quantity of side missions you can partake in.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#9 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

eff the main quest. I hated this dragonborn nonsense and the way it forces you to lose a spell casting slot in favor of worthless shouts.

Things I enjoyed were RPing as a foresworn Breton, full barbarian stylings, freeing the foresworn leader and rampaging through Markarth with a ridiculously high bounty and laying low in orc camps.

Full-blooded Nord stormcloak, cutting through the beheading ceremony at Solitude, becoming a thane in all holds, routing the empire at every turn and freeing all nord prisoners.

Elven scout with pet (need a mod for dis) specializing in the bow, alchemy and destruction magic. But I only used destro to simulate traps, focusing only on the rune spells...so I lot of times I would just lay an ambush point with the spell and fire from stealth. This is even better with a high grass mod to create the feel of stalking your prey through open areas.

Imo, best way to play Skyrim is to imagine a specific kind of character you want to play and force yourself to stick to it rather than just helping any asshole you come across.

branketra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By branketra

@mastermetal777: I appreciate that. I will not be doing every side quest this week. I am too busy for that.

@Ish_basic: The shouts can be very useful at their fully realized power. Plus, they do not take a magic slot as far as I know. If by that, you mean the powers slot then yes they do replace Adrenaline Rush and other race-specific abilities. I will be getting those as soon as possible for their usefulness and as a complement to the stimulating battles against dragons.