Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Hey guys, so I've been eyeballing this game for a few months now, and I've got to say I'am really interested in trying it out, Iove concept of story and the enemy designs remind me alot of Dark Souls. However all I've been hearing lately is really negative stuff like, voice acting suck! and the story is bland, and the gameplay and combat is purely tedious! So I want to get your thoughts on the game (please only shed information, if you personally have actually played it) Thanks guys!

I would also like to point out, The amazing spiderman 2 was a game that came out recently, that received really bad reviews, and hell I loved it! so maybe I'am more tolerant than most gamers.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

Yeah it is.

It is worse than bad.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#3  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Yes it is, its a absolute terrible game who never really comes to anything and i feel sorry for the people who bought it.

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

I can honestly see this game becoming a free ps plus game for ps4 in the future.

SovietsUnited

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#5  Edited By SovietsUnited
Member since 2009 • 2457 Posts

It's playable on easy, otherwise the combat pretty much ruins it. But still, "edgy" and sub-par throughout

toughtrasher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 toughtrasher
Member since 2013 • 268 Posts

Oh dear goodness, did you see the trailer lol. I could already tell it was a game with shaky combat.
Did anyone really expect anything out of this game?

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

@mesomorphin: I don't have very extensive experience with the game, but I rented it and got about 3 hours in. That was enough for me to decide to buy it. Some parts are rough around the edges and the combat is hard, but rewarding if you stay on top of crafting and use your traps and crossbow when necessary.

I'd give it a chance and at least rent it. It's a pretty awesome game imo.

PimpHand_Gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PimpHand_Gamer
Member since 2014 • 3048 Posts

Graphics are funky, maybe it's the lighting. Voice acting is lol, story is *facepalm. I couldn't get past all that to get into the gameplay.

rrjim1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By rrjim1
Member since 2005 • 1983 Posts

I purchased the PS4 version and the graphics are not that great for 1080p, lighting it terrible. After you learn how to play it's an OK game. I have about 6 hours into it so far and IMO it's getting a little better. I'm going to keep going and try to finish it.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#10 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

Look, I pretty torelent when it comes to games, graphics, story and even voice acting arent that big of deal for me, so long as the combat is fun or atleast rewarding I'am down with that, But I sure as hell aint paying full retail for this game.

Avatar image for deactivated-597794cd74015
deactivated-597794cd74015

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By deactivated-597794cd74015
Member since 2012 • 961 Posts

Its kinda like someone forgot to finish the game. It has real potential. But probably needed more time and care that the devs couldn't afford.

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#12 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

It got a 7 over at IGN and GI gave it an 8. Seems like it's a hit or miss title.

The_Stand_In

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13  Edited By The_Stand_In
Member since 2010 • 1179 Posts

@mesomorphin said:

Look, I pretty torelent when it comes to games, graphics, story and even voice acting arent that big of deal for me, so long as the combat is fun or atleast rewarding I'am down with that, But I sure as hell aint paying full retail for this game.

It's not a full retail game though.... It's only $40.

As for the game, It's definitely flawed, but it's still pretty fun if you stick with it and learn its combat quirks. It starts off kind of bad, but gets better as it goes on (from what I've played). It reminds me a lot of Divinity 2.

If you own a console, I'd at least rent it. If you want to play it on PC, I'd probably wait for a sale/price drop. If you have nothing to play though, go ahead and just buy it. You will get your $40 worth of gameplay out of it, even if it isn't the best game ever made.

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

I have not heard great things about it.