Borderlands 2-Worth it for single player only ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1 adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

I found BL2 for 7,50euros ( $10 ) on greenmangaming and wondering if it worth it. I know according to reviews is a great game but i'm asking because i wont even be touching multiplayer ( i rarely play Mp outside battlefield ) and i was kinda disappointed with borderlands 1 single player ( touched it twice played 3-4 hours and never came back )

Sushiglutton

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#2 Sushiglutton
Member since 2009 • 9853 Posts

Imo it's not worth it. It's extremely repetetive. Each class has just one skill and even though you can upgrade, it does get old pretty fast. Playing co-op is ok as your skills may complement eachother and talking to someone ease the boredom some. Much better SP shooters out there though imo.

Avatar image for ShepardCommandr
ShepardCommandr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3  Edited By ShepardCommandr
Member since 2013 • 4939 Posts

No it's boring as shit when playing alone.Come to think of it it's boring as shit even when playing coop.

adamosmaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By adamosmaki
Member since 2007 • 10718 Posts

ok guys thanks i guess is a no then ( i thought so considering i never liked BL1 ). Probably gonna get sleeping dogs instead

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#5 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Sleeping Dogs is great.

Although apparently I'm one of the few on here that actually enjoyed playing through BL1 solo. I haven't gotten too far into my copy of BL2.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#6 Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

I found BL2 for 7,50euros ( $10 ) on greenmangaming and wondering if it worth it. I know according to reviews is a great game but i'm asking because i wont even be touching multiplayer ( i rarely play Mp outside battlefield ) and i was kinda disappointed with borderlands 1 single player ( touched it twice played 3-4 hours and never came back )

Not in my opinion

Borderlands 2 can be fun but from my experience most seem to care most for the multiplayer and not so much for the sp.

drufeous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 drufeous
Member since 2004 • 2535 Posts

Playing SP right now and really enjoy it.

FireSpirit117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 FireSpirit117
Member since 2012 • 1926 Posts

I'd say so especially if it's that cheap. Of course, friends add to the enjoyment as well. ;)

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

The games come alive with friends, especially with those you know personally in real life. You can try playing them by yourself, but you likely won't get far unless you really like a grind. Playing with buds gives you that "back and forth" and the in-fighting for loot and such.

Zjun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Zjun
Member since 2013 • 147 Posts
@adamosmaki said:

ok guys thanks i guess is a no then ( i thought so considering i never liked BL1 ). Probably gonna get sleeping dogs instead

Get Sleeping Dogs!!!

insanegame377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By insanegame377
Member since 2013 • 392 Posts

@adamosmaki said:

Borderlands 2 is essentially a slightly better version of the first game, I played for a couple of hours but got bored and ended up selling it. Like other people have already said, Sleeping Dogs is awesome, so I'd recommend that over BL2.

Blueresident87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 8

#12 Blueresident87
Member since 2007 • 5903 Posts

I had fun playing the game solo

Behardy24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Behardy24
Member since 2014 • 5324 Posts

Borderlands 2 is a good game and all. But for single player i don't imagine it would be that fun. Plus you will find yourself deiding quite a bit if your either new to borderlands and simply playing alone is not as fun as playing with others

nicecall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 nicecall
Member since 2013 • 528 Posts

i managed to playthrough Borderlands 2 single player, and yes its kinda boring, but if you were bored of the first game, i'd avoid the second game since its similar.

spike6958

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 spike6958
Member since 2005 • 6701 Posts

Borderlands 2 is more of the same, so if you didn't enjoy the first then it's a good 90% chance you won't like this one either. IMHO the only good thing about Borderlands is the multiplayer. It's a great game for screwing around with friends in, not many games offer this sort of co-op and it's fun, but that is all the series has going for it. Once a developer can mimic the co-op of Borderlands and put it into a game thats actually good, there'll be no place for it. Destiny is looking to be a contender for that, and i'll think we'll see more of this type of game this gen.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#16  Edited By ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I like it, its well worth $10 so ya.

But if you want a good fps single player game fc3 is better.

firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

Played both games alone and beat both of them. The first one is more fun to solo. I like being able to set things up and do what I want so I enjoyed it.

bowchicka07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#18 bowchicka07
Member since 2013 • 1104 Posts

Yes it is... with the DLC you will be busy for a long time but towards the end you will miss out w/o MP with raid bosses and such.