Borderlands 2-Worth it for single player only ?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by adamosmaki (9799 posts) -

I found BL2 for 7,50euros ( $10 ) on greenmangaming and wondering if it worth it. I know according to reviews is a great game but i'm asking because i wont even be touching multiplayer ( i rarely play Mp outside battlefield ) and i was kinda disappointed with borderlands 1 single player ( touched it twice played 3-4 hours and never came back )

#2 Posted by Sushiglutton (5496 posts) -

Imo it's not worth it. It's extremely repetetive. Each class has just one skill and even though you can upgrade, it does get old pretty fast. Playing co-op is ok as your skills may complement eachother and talking to someone ease the boredom some. Much better SP shooters out there though imo.

#3 Edited by ShepardCommandr (3228 posts) -

No it's boring as shit when playing alone.Come to think of it it's boring as shit even when playing coop.

#4 Edited by adamosmaki (9799 posts) -

ok guys thanks i guess is a no then ( i thought so considering i never liked BL1 ). Probably gonna get sleeping dogs instead

#5 Posted by turtlethetaffer (17179 posts) -

Sleeping Dogs is great.

Although apparently I'm one of the few on here that actually enjoyed playing through BL1 solo. I haven't gotten too far into my copy of BL2.

#6 Posted by Jacanuk (5568 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

I found BL2 for 7,50euros ( $10 ) on greenmangaming and wondering if it worth it. I know according to reviews is a great game but i'm asking because i wont even be touching multiplayer ( i rarely play Mp outside battlefield ) and i was kinda disappointed with borderlands 1 single player ( touched it twice played 3-4 hours and never came back )

Not in my opinion

Borderlands 2 can be fun but from my experience most seem to care most for the multiplayer and not so much for the sp.

#7 Posted by drufeous (2535 posts) -

Playing SP right now and really enjoy it.

#8 Posted by FireSpirit117 (1926 posts) -

I'd say so especially if it's that cheap. Of course, friends add to the enjoyment as well. ;)

#9 Posted by foxhound_fox (90601 posts) -

The games come alive with friends, especially with those you know personally in real life. You can try playing them by yourself, but you likely won't get far unless you really like a grind. Playing with buds gives you that "back and forth" and the in-fighting for loot and such.

#10 Edited by Zjun (145 posts) -
@adamosmaki said:

ok guys thanks i guess is a no then ( i thought so considering i never liked BL1 ). Probably gonna get sleeping dogs instead

Get Sleeping Dogs!!!

#11 Edited by insanegame377 (392 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

Borderlands 2 is essentially a slightly better version of the first game, I played for a couple of hours but got bored and ended up selling it. Like other people have already said, Sleeping Dogs is awesome, so I'd recommend that over BL2.

#12 Posted by Blueresident87 (5340 posts) -

I had fun playing the game solo

#13 Posted by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

Borderlands 2 is a good game and all. But for single player i don't imagine it would be that fun. Plus you will find yourself deiding quite a bit if your either new to borderlands and simply playing alone is not as fun as playing with others

#14 Posted by nicecall (527 posts) -

i managed to playthrough Borderlands 2 single player, and yes its kinda boring, but if you were bored of the first game, i'd avoid the second game since its similar.

#15 Posted by spike6958 (5053 posts) -

Borderlands 2 is more of the same, so if you didn't enjoy the first then it's a good 90% chance you won't like this one either. IMHO the only good thing about Borderlands is the multiplayer. It's a great game for screwing around with friends in, not many games offer this sort of co-op and it's fun, but that is all the series has going for it. Once a developer can mimic the co-op of Borderlands and put it into a game thats actually good, there'll be no place for it. Destiny is looking to be a contender for that, and i'll think we'll see more of this type of game this gen.

#16 Edited by ristactionjakso (6115 posts) -

I like it, its well worth $10 so ya.

But if you want a good fps single player game fc3 is better.

#17 Edited by firefox59 (4485 posts) -

Played both games alone and beat both of them. The first one is more fun to solo. I like being able to set things up and do what I want so I enjoyed it.

#18 Posted by bowchicka07 (1104 posts) -

Yes it is... with the DLC you will be busy for a long time but towards the end you will miss out w/o MP with raid bosses and such.