blops II worst CoD game since since its revival on pc? pc gamer says yes

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by ionusX (25716 posts) -

since its revival with CoD4 the pc copies have been following a gneral progression down hill. p gamer has scored it a 7/10 (71/100 if we discuss technicalities) sighting basic SP mistakes that rookie companies make such as npc's clipped into the floor and a lack of anything really fresh or new.

blackops-5-610x381.jpg

the menu's are a DIRECT PORT of the console ones meaning you have to use your keyboard to traverse them not your mouse

if it wasnt for the fact that the MP is decent though samey. cod blops2 would be the worst fps probably released in 2012 for pc

http://www.pcgamer.com/review/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-review/

#2 Posted by gameofthering (10467 posts) -

I'm actually enjoying this COD :P The campagin is good and zombies seems ok. The menus are annoying.

I seem to have seen loads of things exactly like your image. I've that with the horses, boats going through boats, soldiers bouncing about & one instant where you had to sneak past guards, but the guards were frozen and you walked through them without being spotted.

#3 Posted by IndianaPwns39 (5037 posts) -

I think this CoD is definitely an improvement over previous ones. I can understand PC gamers' frustration with the series as it is completely console focused now, but I'm enjoying the hell out of it on PS3 :P

#4 Posted by Master_ShakeXXX (13361 posts) -

It's the best one we've had in years. Not sure wtf they're going on about. The campaign especially is excellent.

#5 Posted by bjvill (142 posts) -
Whoa quicksand! Is that one of those fancy schmancy PhysX features? But seriously, With a big ol' triple A budget and all that marketing, you'd think they'd at least hire some people to do thorough testing for each platform version before putting it on the market and charging people for the product.
#6 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19115 posts) -
If those are the flaws it sounds perfectly fine to me. Will buy in 6 months
#7 Posted by OmenUK (1268 posts) -

Sounds to me that it's not really the game that is to blame just a really lazy conversion to PC that doesn't allow you PC users the ease of access on the menu system we have on consoles. Other than that though is it really fair to slate the game when it sounds just like a problem with the menu.

#8 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

I haven't bought a CoD since MW2 and this one interested me a lot. Played it today for the first time and I was blown away by how much better the game looked and performed. It is really, really nice looking. And this is coming from a BF fanboy lol

#9 Posted by Jebus213 (8922 posts) -
The game is pretty much the worse CoD next to MW2,3, and Blops1 for long time CoD players on PC. No mod tools. No community servers. No more 64 player madness.
#10 Posted by Wasdie (50641 posts) -

Umm... I'm navigating them with a mouse just fine...

#11 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

Wasdie

Same, wtf. I didn't even catch that part. The mouse works perfect on them.

#12 Posted by Black_Knight_00 (19115 posts) -

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

seanmcloughlin

You bought a CoD on day one? Has hell frozen over?
#13 Posted by Jbul (4835 posts) -

Sucks that the PC version is a mess, but the console game-market is just much more profitable insofar as this series is concerned.

By the way, the game is damn good (this coming from someone who couldn't stand the Campaign or Multiplayer of MW3). Treyarch are easily the premiere CoD developer at this stage.

#14 Posted by Vari3ty (11111 posts) -

Sucks that the PC version is a mess, but the console game-market is just much more profitable insofar as this series is concerned.

By the way, the game is damn good (this coming from someone who couldn't stand the Campaign or Multiplayer of MW3). Treyarch are easily the premiere CoD developer at this stage.

Jbul

I agree with this. MW3 was a complete mess - poorly designed maps, overpowered killstreaks, survival mode was a snoozefest. Treyarch has got IW/Sledgehammer beat in every aspect. I think I'm going to start skipping the non-Treyarch games, especially if next year's game is MW4. I'm too burned out of the modern setting to go back to it now.

#15 Posted by campzor (34932 posts) -
revival? cod 2 was popular on pc :\
#16 Posted by Jebus213 (8922 posts) -
revival? cod 2 was popular on pc :\campzor
Yeah, plenty of people played CoD2 on PC. I put 500+ hours into the multiplayer. Nice community, Rifles Only servers, Zombie mod, eXtreme+ mod, Wolfbane's Realism Mod, and endless amount of custom maps. The game wasn't even buggy either. It was very polished. Never crashed on me once. Good times...
#17 Posted by seanmcloughlin (38219 posts) -

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="Wasdie"]

Black_Knight_00

You bought a CoD on day one? Has hell frozen over?

Not day 1 exactly, but at launch :P

It looked fun (and it is fun) and the PC version looked like it got some effort put into it

#18 Posted by NightmareP3 (258 posts) -

I'm still waiting for my copy to arrive but i did play the game at my friend's place, imo the game is a nice improvment over the past few CODs we had. Single Player is much better and has a great replay value now, zombie mode is even more addictive and fun now and the MP didn't change all that much but i like the new pick 10 create a class system, i was actully surprised with PC GAMER's review, they consider MW3 ( The worst video game in the history of man kind) to be better than Black Ops 1 and 2, two CODs which actully tried to do new things and not simply rehash the formula compleatly, still PC gamer's reviews are always pretty bad, i still remember their 9 out 10 score for Dragon Age 2, how someone can give that game a 9 out of 10 is beyonde me.

#19 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 was one of the greatest gaming experiences I had on PC. Bought BO II for my PS3 though, but for other reasons.

And heck, a 7 / 10 is considered bad now? o.O It's certainly not a masterpiece ranking, but a crap game has at least a 5.0 or below.

#20 Posted by ShadowMoses900 (17081 posts) -

I don't care what PC gamer says, in my opinion it's not only the best COD, it's the best shooter I have ever played. Only BioShock 1 beats it in terms of campaign, but BO2 campaign is still really good. It's online cannot be stopped.

#21 Posted by Justforvisit (2660 posts) -

I don't care what PC gamer says, in my opinion it's not only the best COD, it's the best shooter I have ever played. Only BioShock 1 beats it in terms of campaign, but BO2 campaign is still really good. It's online cannot be stopped.

ShadowMoses900

Word! And not to mention, ALL Modes can be played offline splitscreen with Bots! Damn, this is like the Jesus of Shooters! Not to mention, the great idea about future and past campaigns, sooooo invokes a bit of Time Splitters Feeling, even if there aren't any time travels ^^

And gosh, the gameplay of the future missions is so freaking awesome!

#22 Posted by speedfreak48t5p (9506 posts) -

ShadowMoses900
And this is why no one respects you in system wars.
#23 Posted by dkdk999 (6741 posts) -
I can't imagine it can be much worse than mw3.
#24 Posted by capaho (1253 posts) -

It's the best one we've had in years. Not sure wtf they're going on about. The campaign especially is excellent.

Master_ShakeXXX

I keep reading complaints in the user reviews that the campaign is short. Is that true?

#25 Posted by Sali217 (1290 posts) -
PC gamers should get with the times.