Black Ops 2 looks pretty damn amazing

• 62 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOjoYRgnHs

Many of us have been speculating on what a Call of Duty set in the future would be, well now Treyarch thought it would be a good setting for Black Ops 2.

By the way, this is what I love about Treyarch: they make reveal trailers 100% about the campaign (which is what I care about in CoD games) instead of those bullsh*t multiplayer trailers Infinity Ward does to hype up 8 year olds.

The trailer opens with Black Ops celebrity Sgt Woods, back from the dead and now about 80 years old, describing what the world of warfare has become. The year is 2025, the US military has been replaced by an army of computer controlled mechs and UAVs, when suddenly a middle eastern group "steals the keys", taking control of every single robot and using it to destroy america from within. It is up to a team of black ops agents to bring the fight to the enemies, both in the US and on their own turf (you can see a section on horseback in the desert, courtesy of Uncharted 3) to "get the keys back".

Sounds pretty great to me, it's like CoD meets The Terminator, which is very dumb and very awesome and entertaining. It's surprising too, since everyone was expecting a close sequel to Black Ops and still have Mason in the picture, but Man VS Machine sounds like a nice twist for the CoD series. Count me in, as always.

Ok, now open the floodgates and let the inevitable pathetic CoD haters in.

Avatar image for taterfrickintot
taterfrickintot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 taterfrickintot
Member since 2008 • 2851 Posts

I thought it was about a second cold war with the chinese?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Black_Knight_00

I thought it was about a second cold war with the chinese?

taterfrickintot
I thought it would continue the Kennedy assassination thing. I guess they wanted to surprise us, or more likely they thought they couldn't make another cold war setting without making the game too similar to the first Black Ops.
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#4 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

From what I am understanding after reading Gamespot's "Five Surprises About COD II" thing, the game does take place after the events of Black Ops.

In any case, I found the trailer to actually surprise me. Black Ops has the best story, because it tried out something VERY different instead of the other games, which simply had that "Look, we are a bunch of soldiers going to their territory, killing them to save the day." Looks like they are doing that again, being different, especially with the futurisitic look. I kept on saying to myself that they are trying to rip off Crysis though, in terms of that vibe. So, in other words, a COD/Crysis atmosphereic vibe.

That being said, I am going to give Black Ops II a shot and give it a chance. So much so that I immediately pre-ordered it on Amazon.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Black_Knight_00

From what I am understanding after reading Gamespot's "Five Surprises About COD II" thing, the game does take place after the events of Black Ops.

In any case, I found the trailer to actually surprise me. Black Ops has the best story, because it tried out something VERY different instead of the other games, which simply had that "Look, we are a bunch of soldiers going to their territory, killing them to save the day." Looks like they are doing that again, being different, especially with the futurisitic look. I kept on saying to myself that they are trying to rip off Crysis though, in terms of that vibe. So, in other words, a COD/Crysis atmosphereic vibe.

That being said, I am going to give Black Ops II a shot and give it a chance. So much so that I immediately pre-ordered it on Amazon.

Metamania

Yeah, as much as I love the MW story, I have to say Black Ops did things that no other CoD ever tried. I love mindf*ck stories and the twist at the end was simply shocking. Splendid writing and Gary Oldman's performance as Reznov was astonishing: "Dragovic, Kravchenko, Steiner: all must die"

By the way, what made you think of Crysis?

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Metamania

[QUOTE="Metamania"]

Black_Knight_00

Yeah, as much as I love the MW story, I have to say Black Ops did things that no other CoD ever tried. By the way, what made you think of Crysis?

Again, the futurisitic atmosphere of COD II is what made me think of Crysis, since Crysis also takes place in the future. That kind of vibe is what jelled off from me when I was watching the trailer a short awhile ago.

I don't get Strikeforce though. What is that mode and what do you have to accomplish?

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Black_Knight_00
I don't get Strikeforce though. What is that mode and what do you have to accomplish?Metamania
Looks like Strike Force is some sort of set of sidequests: the game tells you there's this mission to undertake and you can choose which characters to send in and depending on whether you succeed or die the story changes. Or something like that. It's pretty nebulous.
GamerSyrim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 GamerSyrim
Member since 2011 • 75 Posts

I hope Black Ops 2 is not a repeat of the previous releases and becomes the next competitive FPS.

Ghost_702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 Ghost_702
Member since 2006 • 7405 Posts
Not excited about futuristic warfare, since it's been done too much already this gen. They should've just stuck with time periods in the 20th century and leave Modern Warfare with everything else.
Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqOjoYRgnHs

Many of us have been speculating on what a Call of Duty set in the future would be, well now Treyarch thought it would be a good setting for Black Ops 2.

By the way, this is what I love about Treyarch: they make reveal trailers 100% about the campaign (which is what I care about in CoD games) instead of those bullsh*t multiplayer trailers Infinity Ward does to hype up 8 year olds.

The trailer opens with Black Ops celebrity Sgt Woods, back from the dead and now about 80 years old, describing what the world of warfare has become. The year is 2025, the US military has been replaced by an army of computer controlled mechs and UAVs, when suddenly a middle eastern group "steals the keys", taking control of every single robot and using it to destroy america from within. It is up to a team of black ops agents to bring the fight to the enemies, both in the US and on their own turf (you can see a section on horseback in the desert, courtesy of Uncharted 3) to "get the keys back".

Sounds pretty great to me, it's like CoD meets The Terminator, which is very dumb and very awesome and entertaining. It's surprising too, since everyone was expecting a close sequel to Black Ops and still have Mason in the picture, but Man VS Machine sounds like a nice twist for the CoD series. Count me in, as always.

Ok, now open the floodgates and let the inevitable pathetic CoD haters in.

Black_Knight_00

Although I'm personally burnt out on the series (and multiplayer shooters in general), I will admit that this game is looking 10x better than Modern Warfare 3. I said it in another thread, and I'll say it again -- Treyarch is now the premiere CoD developer, hands down. Definitely keep my eyes on this one.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#11 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

I dont see myself buying another call of duty game.

Avatar image for deactivated-5b19c359a3789
deactivated-5b19c359a3789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#12 deactivated-5b19c359a3789
Member since 2002 • 7785 Posts

It looks like it was made in the year 2000.

Now COD can be pretentious as well as boring.

Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

Even though I have zero interest in COD anymore, this looks far and away more inspired and superior to anything IW has put out in years. Considering that Treyarch has always been treated as the video game equivalent of Ned Stark's bastard, this is a pretty amazing feat.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Black_Knight_00

Even though I have zero interest in COD anymore, this looks far and away more inspired and superior to anything IW has put out in years. Considering that Treyarch has always been the video game equivalent of Ned Stark's bastard, this is a pretty amazing feat.

Shame-usBlackley
Ned Stark's bastard is worth a dozen Robb Starks combined
Avatar image for Shame-usBlackley
Shame-usBlackley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shame-usBlackley
Member since 2002 • 18266 Posts

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Even though I have zero interest in COD anymore, this looks far and away more inspired and superior to anything IW has put out in years. Considering that Treyarch has always been the video game equivalent of Ned Stark's bastard, this is a pretty amazing feat.

Black_Knight_00

Check my edit, I meant to say "treated as."

But yeah, the statement still may be true.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Shame-usBlackley

Check my edit, I meant to say "treated as."

But yeah, the statement still may be true.

Too slow, you should have known better :P
IndianaPwns39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#17 IndianaPwns39
Member since 2008 • 5037 Posts

I've been rather burnt out on the franchise for a while now. I feel that the general shooting and controls work fine, but they simply repeated scenarios and each campaign felt very similar to one another. Black Ops surprised with a well balanced multiplayer and of course, zombies was fun, but it still didn't hook me like CoD4 did when it was originally released.

That being said, everything I've seen/read about Black Ops II sounds phenomenal. Treyarch simply saying how they wanted to expand the campaign sounds great. I love the idea of it taking place in the past and the future, possibly having various campaign outcomes, and having an actual, developed villain. The fact that Treyarch is addressing these things is enough to get me excited, as before MW3 released interviews basically sounded like "Yeah, we're just going through the motions".

This title has ambition. If they fail, well... at least we know Zombies will be back.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Metamania

I've been rather burnt out on the franchise for a while now. I feel that the general shooting and controls work fine, but they simply repeated scenarios and each campaign felt very similar to one another. Black Ops surprised with a well balanced multiplayer and of course, zombies was fun, but it still didn't hook me like CoD4 did when it was originally released.

That being said, everything I've seen/read about Black Ops II sounds phenomenal. Treyarch simply saying how they wanted to expand the campaign sounds great. I love the idea of it taking place in the past and the future, possibly having various campaign outcomes, and having an actual, developed villain. The fact that Treyarch is addressing these things is enough to get me excited, as before MW3 released interviews basically sounded like "Yeah, we're just going through the motions".

This title has ambition. If they fail, well... at least we know Zombies will be back.

IndianaPwns39

That's what I loved about the zombie mode; it's co-op and only allowed up to four people. Here, EIGHT PLAYERS. I'm very much inclined to pick up BLOPS II for that mode alone, but there's more to the game than meets the eye.

Also, that's exactly how I felt about MW3 - "just going through the motions", which is why I think a lot of gamers got very sick and tired of the series for a long while now. Even the reviewers gave it a good, but lower score than any of the games before it, so hopefully, Black Ops II will invigorate the series into something better now.

4dr1el

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 4dr1el
Member since 2012 • 2380 Posts

Seriously? NOTHING on that trailer was amazing. Seems as generic as ever. Seriously people, I thought by now no one would get impress by CoD trailers anymore... I guess I was wrong. There are always gullibe people that fall for it

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
it does look great. im SOOOO happy they didnt stick with black ops era.. distant future cod = win
SPYDER0416

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SPYDER0416
Member since 2008 • 16736 Posts

[QUOTE="Metamania"]I don't get Strikeforce though. What is that mode and what do you have to accomplish?Black_Knight_00
Looks like Strike Force is some sort of set of sidequests: the game tells you there's this mission to undertake and you can choose which characters to send in and depending on whether you succeed or die the story changes. Or something like that. It's pretty nebulous.

It sounds like Special Ops integrated right into the story, with a mix of RTS elements from what I hear. Open ended missions where you try to complete an objective and if you fail or die, its over. Sounds hardcore, and since the series tends to kill players every 8 seconds on the harder difficulties before plopping them back to the nearest checkpoint, it sounds like something that will have to be balanced well if they don't want frustrated players getting the worst ending because of grenade spamming AI.

NightmareP3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#22 NightmareP3
Member since 2010 • 259 Posts

I was pleasantly suprised with Black Ops 2 too, after buying the terrible MW3 game i feared Treyarch would follow IW's same path of simply copy,pasting 60% of the previous game.

The new sandbox mode sounds great, it'll finally allows us to play some missions with a more open world approach, i also like the idea of making quick decisions on the fly that will impact the story or being able to actully fail some missions and the game will still continue, it'll give the SP a good replay value even if it is gonna be only 5 hours long.

The zombie mode is probably gonna be a ton of fun again and the MP, according to rumors will allow players to customize their characters,guns and load outs even more then Black ops 1.

All in all, i'm actully excited for Black Ops 2.I can't remember when it was the last time i was actully looking forward to a COD game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Metamania"]I don't get Strikeforce though. What is that mode and what do you have to accomplish?SPYDER0416

It sounds like Special Ops integrated right into the story, with a mix of RTS elements from what I hear. Open ended missions where you try to complete an objective and if you fail or die, its over. Sounds hardcore, and since the series tends to kill players every 8 seconds on the harder difficulties before plopping them back to the nearest checkpoint, it sounds like something that will have to be balanced well if they don't want frustrated players getting the worst ending because of grenade spamming AI.

To play devil's advocate, Treyarch repented of their grenade spamming sins (CoD3 and WaW) with Black Ops: yes, there still were infuriating bits on Veteran, but enemy grenades were better implemented. I'm confident they got the thing down by now.
S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 S0lidSnake
Member since 2002 • 29001 Posts

[QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

Black_Knight_00

100 points for Game of Thrones references. To both of you.

Thread redeemed.

Trailer was ok, I mean it looks more inspired than the past 7 games, but the visuals still look like they;re from the 80s. I played MW3 on my PC last weekend and it looked like s***. And that was at 1080p with full detail. They need to ditch the old crappy engine and make their games look better than PC games from last gen. Hell, id say HL2 looks better.

GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#25 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
I dunno single player premise sounds kind of stupid to me.  +  Woooo. However Blackops is the best multiplayer game since goldeneye so blackops 2 has my money.
immortality20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#26 immortality20
Member since 2005 • 8546 Posts

I agree, it looks awesome. I always enjoyed CoD for what they were, mindless fun with big set pieces. Black Ops had my favorite online all gen, so this doesn't hurt either. I'll be having lots of fun this fall with this and Halo 4 :)

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Shame-usBlackley"]

S0lidSnake

Thread redeemed.

Trailer was ok, I mean it looks more inspired than the past 7 games, but the visuals still look like they;re from the 80s. I played MW3 on my PC last weekend and it looked like s***. And that was at 1080p with full detail. They need to ditch the old crappy engine and make their games look better than PC games from last gen. Hell, id say HL2 looks better.

Who cares about graphics? The campaign is fun, every year, who cares what it looks like? We don't want to become like those PC gamers who do nothing but compare d*cks all day long on hardware forums, do we?
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Ned Stark's bastard is worth a dozen Robb Starks combinedBlack_Knight_00

Thread redeemed.

Who cares about graphics? The campaign is fun, every year, who cares what it looks like? We don't want to become like those PC gamers who do nothing but compare d*cks all day long on hardware forums, do we?

S0lid is that guy and has been for quite some time :P
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I have to wonder if this means the end for Modern Warfare. Considering that even though this is set in the "near future", the two franchises are set in almost the exact same timeline. Maybe Infinity Ward will make a "far-future" game next?

Not that I'll miss Modern Warfare, 3 games this gen is more than enough.

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 S0lidSnake

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"] Ned Stark's bastard is worth a dozen Robb Starks combinedBlack_Knight_00

Thread redeemed.

Well I dont think the campaign is fun every year. MW games are more fun because of all the gadgets they have you use, but the Tryearch campaigns have been a rather bland affair since CoD3. COD3 was the most boring FPS I'd played since MoH Frontline. World At War had some cool sections in the beginning when they aped Enemy At the Gates, but half way through it felt so boring and so unoriginal that I didn't want to continue. Blops was a MW ripoff except with lame guns, respawning enemies and no gadgets whatsoever. At least in the first few levels I played.

I consider MW games to be bad shooters. They have no A.I, they move so fast that they feel like on-rail shooters like Time Crisis, they have a terrible story, but like a good on-rail game they do provide awesome setpieces and some neat gadgetry. Tryearch knows this, and that's why they are moving to the future, they know crossbows wont cut it anymore. But when your game looks last gen, the setpieces dont quite have the same effect.

I care about graphics because games that we play need to be held to the industry standard. Games running at 570p with blurry muddled textures and terrible lighting belong on the Wii. In fact, it's funny that Tryearch has managed to port every single CoD game to the Wii and that's because there is nothing next/current gen about CoD games. They are still stuck in the past, and we seem to be j*zzing on visuals stuck in the past. Maybe we DESERVE the Wii U.

P.S I am taking back half of the points i awarded you for the Game of Thrones reference. 50 points from Gryffondor!

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

Setting looks cool but the visuals are so extremely dated at this point. The character model looked good but in gameplay looks very old now. The dialogue was really cheesy too "No one ever asks what happens if the enemy gets the keys", I cringed. Also a horseback chase scene? in a futuristic warfare shooter? Come on

One thing I will give CoD credit for though is selling the FPS perspective. Seeing from inside the jets and the little things like looking down to your arm to check stuff, all these things are cool to me. But overall I'm not impressed by this outing.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Thread redeemed.

Im sorry but you are in a minority of console gamers who doesn't discuss graphics or care about them here. All the others debate them too it's not just PC people. Console gamers are always at each others throats over visuals too

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Black_Knight_00
P.S I am taking back half of the points i awarded you for the Game of Thrones reference. 50 points from Gryffondor!S0lidSnake
WTF is Gryffondor? :P
Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Metamania

[QUOTE="S0lidSnake"]

Thread redeemed.

The problem with the campaign is that isn't fun. Up until Black Ops, I felt like I was going through the motions and it was nothing but a typical setting. We invade their country to kill them, etc. So boring, so unoriginal, I wasn't having a lot of fun, to be honest. It felt like completing it just for the sake of getting an achievement or a trophy. But with Black Ops, the story was good enough to keep me satisfied enough, even if there is respawning AI, lame guns and gadgets, etc. I am liking the idea that you get involved in both the past and the future with BLOPS II, but it has to be a good story to impress the hell out of me.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Black_Knight_00
The problem with the campaign is that isn't fun. Up until Black Ops, I felt like I was going through the motions and it was nothing but a typical setting. We invade their country to kill them, etc. So boring, so unoriginal, I wasn't having a lot of fun, to be honest. It felt like completing it just for the sake of getting an achievement or a trophy. But with Black Ops, the story was good enough to keep me satisfied enough, even if there is respawning AI, lame guns and gadgets, etc. I am liking the idea that you get involved in both the past and the future with BLOPS II, but it has to be a good story to impress the hell out of me.Metamania
Modern Warfare has a stellar cast of characters: Captain Price, Makarov and Shepard are amazing both in writing and acting. The soundtrack is the best I've heard in any shooter this generation. The game features the best controls in any console shooter. Yeah it's short, linear and scripted, but it's a cinematic experience, that's how it's supposed to be. I always come out of all CoD campaigns in shock and awe and I can't wait to restart on Veteran. I just love the experience every year. I'm not saying everyone should, I'm just saying I simply never get tired of it. I guess it's a matter of taste.
Mawy_Golomb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#36 Mawy_Golomb
Member since 2008 • 1047 Posts
I think that this is a great new direction for the COD series. Having something more fictional and futuristic can give Treyarch more freedom and creativity on how to develop the game. And hearing that the story will have better writing gets me all pumped up for the SP campaign. Maybe it is still something to take with a grain of salt, but I'd say that we should give this game a chance anyway. People tend to be too cynical of popular franchises like COD.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="Metamania"]The problem with the campaign is that isn't fun. Up until Black Ops, I felt like I was going through the motions and it was nothing but a typical setting. We invade their country to kill them, etc. So boring, so unoriginal, I wasn't having a lot of fun, to be honest. It felt like completing it just for the sake of getting an achievement or a trophy. But with Black Ops, the story was good enough to keep me satisfied enough, even if there is respawning AI, lame guns and gadgets, etc. I am liking the idea that you get involved in both the past and the future with BLOPS II, but it has to be a good story to impress the hell out of me.Black_Knight_00
Modern Warfare has a stellar cast of characters: Captain Price, Makarov and Shepard are amazing both in writing and acting. The soundtrack is the best I've heard in any shooter this generation. The game features the best controls in any console shooter. Yeah it's short, linear and scripted, but it's a cinematic experience, that's how it's supposed to be. I always come out of all CoD campaigns in shock and awe and I can't wait to restart on Veteran. I just love the experience every year. I'm not saying everyone should, I'm just saying I simply never get tired of it. I guess it's a matter of taste.

Thing is I like MW1 and MW2s campaign. Hell, MW1 has one of the best modern shooter campaigns around even today.And MW3 certainly outdid BF3s campaign (sheesh that was bad) . But every year they are trying to outdo what they did previously which is leading them down very bad paths. They are turning their campaigns into nothing but explosions and stories with really bad motives and the story of a crappy action movie. Sure it's fun I guess while it lasts but if these games didn't have MP at all they would be criticised heavily for having no replay value or not being long enough.

The gameplay is extremely tight I agree, but it's gotten to the point where it's ridiculously easy where you can play the entire campaign without even dying once, or you only fail a mission by going the wrong way or shooting a guy before you had to. The game has far too generous amounts of aim assist where you can just keep coming in and out of iron sights shooting bursts and kill every enemy in front of you. And not to mention all the guns feel and handle like squirt guns with almost no recoil in them. You may think it's the best but I myself think it's very shallow and unfulfilling

What I like to hear about BLOPS 2 though is they are trying for more with the story with a branching path system with choices. and they seem to want to invest heavily in their story. let's hope it's not the same "going through the motions" as the MW stuff. BLOPS is a better version of the CoD experience IMO

EIDT: Oh and they are making a good PC version this time with Dx11 and such so they are putting effort in all around.

remusneo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 remusneo
Member since 2008 • 37 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GzFbZMpLg

Here's a trailer analysis to understand more

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-59b71619573a1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0GzFbZMpLg

Here's a trailer analysis to understand more

remusneo

The squad follow and all follow stuff is from the RTS part of the game. They are adding a strategy mode as far as I know and maybe it's the campaign but those commands seem to be an RTS thing

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Black_Knight_00

Thing is I like MW1 and MW2s campaign. Hell, MW1 has one of the best modern shooter campaigns around even today.And MW3 certainly outdid BF3s campaign (sheesh that was bad) . But every year they are trying to outdo what they did previously which is leading them down very bad paths. They are turning their campaigns into nothing but explosions and stories with really bad motives and the story of a crappy action movie. Sure it's fun I guess while it lasts but if these games didn't have MP at all they would be criticised heavily for having no replay value or not being long enough.

The gameplay is extremely tight I agree, but it's gotten to the point where it's ridiculously easy where you can play the entire campaign without even dying once, or you only fail a mission by going the wrong way or shooting a guy before you had to. The game has far too generous amounts of aim assist where you can just keep coming in and out of iron sights shooting bursts and kill every enemy in front of you. And not to mention all the guns feel and handle like squirt guns with almost no recoil in them. You may think it's the best but I myself think it's very shallow and unfulfilling

What I like to hear about BLOPS 2 though is they are trying for more with the story with a branching path system with choices. and they seem to want to invest heavily in their story. let's hope it's not the same "going through the motions" as the MW stuff. BLOPS is a better version of the CoD experience IMO

EIDT: Oh and they are making a good PC version this time with Dx11 and such so they are putting effort in all around.

seanmcloughlin

I never played with aim assist on, so I wouldn't know, but I know it's there for noobs who can't aim with analog sticks and it can be toggled off anyway. Aside from that, the controls are astonishing accurate, it's pretty much 1:1 with your thumb movement. I lost count of how many times I was playing Bad Company 2 or FarCry 2 and started thinking "if only this game had CoD's aiming controls it would be perfect".

As far as replay value is concerned, I played MW2 six times so far, and I beat every spec-ops mission inside out more times than I can count, both online and offline. MW3 has survival mode which has literally endless replay value. I say since 2009 the series has been offering more single player and co-op content than any other military shooter on the market.

I'll surely be the first in line if they ever took the big step and made an open ended CoD game. Thing is, I'll still be the first in line even if it never changes. The campaign may have all the design features people love to hate, but to me it's pure entertainment, especially on the hardest setting. And I'm not even touching multiplayer anymore, too fast and cheap, I'd still buy CoD every year even if they sold it without multiplayer or made MP subscription-based.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#41 Archangel3371
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts
Yes this game looks and sounds awesome indeed, can't wait to get it.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#42 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Loved the first black ops, the whole entire cold war/vietnam setting was just amazing. After watching the trailer it does look like it can one up BO (the only CoD I enjoyed) and MW3.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Metamania

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="Metamania"]The problem with the campaign is that isn't fun. Up until Black Ops, I felt like I was going through the motions and it was nothing but a typical setting. We invade their country to kill them, etc. So boring, so unoriginal, I wasn't having a lot of fun, to be honest. It felt like completing it just for the sake of getting an achievement or a trophy. But with Black Ops, the story was good enough to keep me satisfied enough, even if there is respawning AI, lame guns and gadgets, etc. I am liking the idea that you get involved in both the past and the future with BLOPS II, but it has to be a good story to impress the hell out of me.seanmcloughlin

Sounds like you beat the games on Veteran then. :P

S0lidSnake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 S0lidSnake

Well some of the additions semi mentioned do sound interesting. If they implemented proper DX11 support then it could be a looker on PC. I like what they said about revamping the multiplayer too.

The main thing i want is a Vita version. I'd buy that Day 1.

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Metamania

Well some of the additions semi mentioned do sound interesting. If they implemented proper DX11 support then it could be a looker on PC. I like what they said about revamping the multiplayer too.

The main thing i want is a Vita version. I'd buy that Day 1.

S0lidSnake

I have no doubt that they will squeeze the game into the 3DS and Vita at some point.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]Thing is I like MW1 and MW2s campaign. Hell, MW1 has one of the best modern shooter campaigns around even today.And MW3 certainly outdid BF3s campaign (sheesh that was bad) . But every year they are trying to outdo what they did previously which is leading them down very bad paths. They are turning their campaigns into nothing but explosions and stories with really bad motives and the story of a crappy action movie. Sure it's fun I guess while it lasts but if these games didn't have MP at all they would be criticised heavily for having no replay value or not being long enough.

Black_Knight_00

I never played with aim assist on, so I wouldn't know, but I know it's there for noobs who can't aim with analog sticks and it can be toggled off anyway. Aside from that, the controls are astonishing accurate, it's pretty much 1:1 with your thumb movement. I lost count of how many times I was playing Bad Company 2 or FarCry 2 and started thinking "if only this game had CoD's aiming controls it would be perfect".

As far as replay value is concerned, I played MW2 six times so far, and I beat every spec-ops mission inside out more times than I can count, both online and offline. MW3 has survival mode which has literally endless replay value. I say since 2009 the series has been offering more single player and co-op content than any other military shooter on the market.

I'll surely be the first in line if they ever took the big step and made an open ended CoD game. Thing is, I'll still be the first in line even if it never changes. The campaign may have all the design features people love to hate, but to me it's pure entertainment, especially on the hardest setting. And I'm not even touching multiplayer anymore, too fast and cheap, I'd still buy CoD every year even if they sold it without multiplayer or made MP subscription-based.

So you're saying you would mindlessly buy it anyway? Why do I even try to reason with you :P

ShyGuy0504

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ShyGuy0504
Member since 2009 • 1138 Posts

It looks quite a bit better than the past few games but I still have no interest in it.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Black_Knight_00
So you're saying you would mindlessly buy it anyway? Why do I even try to reason with you :Pseanmcloughlin
What do you mean "mindlessly"? I gave you seven paragraphs full of reasons why I like it the way it is. I don't see the peoblem with buying something that keeps entertaining me, even if the formula remains the same. Also, I think you keep trying reasoning with me because you're out of booze and have nothing better to do ;)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]So you're saying you would mindlessly buy it anyway? Why do I even try to reason with you :PBlack_Knight_00
What do you mean "mindlessly"? I gave you seven paragraphs full of reasons why I like it the way it is. I don't see the peoblem with buying something that keeps entertaining me, even if the formula remains the same. Also, I think you keep trying reasoning with me because you're out of booze and have nothing better to do ;)

Irish people are never out of booze, It's in our water supply :P