Assassin's Cree Unity has no loading screens

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 122

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By The_Last_Ride
Member since 2004 • 76371 Posts

THe only loading screens i can remember that AC IV had were changing from the boat to the cities or vice versa. So this is pretty impressive. I am getting this game because i am a fan of the series, AC III is the miss step they made, but AC IV was pretty awesome imho.

Link

Ubisoft is holding a panel at San Diego Comic Con, and the panelists, including Aisha Tyler, Creative Director Alex Amancio, Arno’s voice actor Dan Jeannotte and The Walking Dead co-creator Tony Moore, gave more information about the upcoming next generation Assassin’s Creed chapter: Unity.

Here’s a recap of what was said, courtesy of the official Assassin’s Creed Twitter.

• The French Revolution setting provides massive crowds, great characters, and new narrative opportunities, and was a perfect setting for a game.
  • The French Revolution brought a lot of contrast. It’s brutal and chaotic, but it led to amazing stories that are captured in the game.
  • Arno starts on his own mission for redemption, but he soon realizes there’s so much more for him to do for the people of France.
  • Arno is witty, funny and direct.
  • Arno starts of pretty selfish, but as he gets stronger he becomes more a part of the larger fight of the French Revolution.
  • There’s also a bit of a love interest.
  • Arno has real personal motivations driving his quest.
  • The game is more systemic. The developers want chaos to happen. There are several factions that interact with each other on their own. This means that events happen around you even if you don’t intervene. It makes the city feel more alive and more unpredictable.
  • There are seamless interiors you can enter with no loading. Once you’re in Paris, there’s no loading.
  • One major focus for ACU is character progression. You can collect and customize your items and skills to make Arno your own.
  • You take your version of Arno into co-op, so how you progress your character affects how you play everywhere.
  • There aren’t any explicit cameos from the older chapters of the series, but previous characters are alluded to in the story.

Can’t say I’m unhappy to hear that Arno will have a sense of humor. After the brooding lapse withAssassin’s Creed III, I’m glad that Ubisoft decided to stick with this approach for its main character.

During the panel a new and rather grotesque story trailer by Horror master Rob Zombie and Tony Moore was also revealed, showcasing the game’s backstory and its rendition of Paris. You can see it below, alongside a behind the scenes featurette.

WombatOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 WombatOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts

Awesome, I've seen the animated video but I had no idea there was a behind the scenes video to go with it. Intersting stuff. Plus, thanks for the recap on the panel. I wasn't at the con but I wish I were, it's nice to see recaps posted.

Archangel3371

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 Archangel3371  Online
Member since 2004 • 44172 Posts

Hmm, that's pretty impressive. That Rob Zombie clip was awesome. I'm really looking forward to this game.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

That's cool, I guess. Haven't paid much attention to this game since it seemed like it was going to focus on co-op based on its E3 appearance. If that's actually only a small part of the game and if I ever get around to playing AC4 (and liking it) I'll maybe consider giving this game a shot. But I just can't keep up with their yearly releases anymore.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5  Edited By Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

That narrator sounds more like the stereotypical middle-eastern villain in a CoD game than a frenchman.

WombatOfDeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WombatOfDeath
Member since 2007 • 328 Posts

@SoNin360 said:

But I just can't keep up with their yearly releases anymore.

I guess you could always play them a couple of years apart. Nothing says you must play them immediately upon release. With a series this popular you could wait a long time and still find people to play the multiplayer portions with if you like, and of course the solo play could be done any time at all provided the platform you got it on is still supported.

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts

@WombatOfDeath said:

@SoNin360 said:

I guess you could always play them a couple of years apart. Nothing says you must play them immediately upon release. With a series this popular you could wait a long time and still find people to play the multiplayer portions with if you like, and of course the solo play could be done any time at all provided the platform you got it on is still supported.

Well, I guess my main problem is that I find it hard to get excited for the next game when I haven't even played the one before that.

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Last_Ride

@WombatOfDeath said:

@SoNin360 said:

True, i didn't catch up to the series until last year

Metamania

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#9 Metamania
Member since 2002 • 12035 Posts

ACIII was a game I felt had too much ambition and while I'm glad it tried out new ideas, I just wish it stuck to the basics in ACIV and unfortunately ACIV pushed way too much of the pirate life into it, thus making it a major turn off. It's not that I have anything bad to say about the pirate life, it looks fascinating to watch, but it's not my cup of tea and I feel it never belonged in an Assassin's Creed game.

With AC Unity, it looks like it's going to back to basics. It's in an open city like Paris and it's your playground...just like the original two games and the little trilogy that followed after II. I'm VERY excited about it and I already have pre-ordered the collector's edition of the game. I cannot wait...this could be the AC game I've been waiting for since II and the two games that followed it.

Mesomorphin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 5

#10 Mesomorphin
Member since 2013 • 903 Posts

And neither does Dead rising 3!

Star0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Star0
Member since 2012 • 451 Posts

I saw Rob Zombie, pointed and laughed.

I wasn't going to get this game anyway, but Rob Zombie can't get enough of ruining franchises.

What, Halloween wasn't enough?

F**k this douche.

The lack of loading screens is always welcome though :)

The_Last_Ride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The_Last_Ride

@Metamania said:

ACIII was a game I felt had too much ambition and while I'm glad it tried out new ideas, I just wish it stuck to the basics in ACIV and unfortunately ACIV pushed way too much of the pirate life into it, thus making it a major turn off. It's not that I have anything bad to say about the pirate life, it looks fascinating to watch, but it's not my cup of tea and I feel it never belonged in an Assassin's Creed game.

With AC Unity, it looks like it's going to back to basics. It's in an open city like Paris and it's your playground...just like the original two games and the little trilogy that followed after II. I'm VERY excited about it and I already have pre-ordered the collector's edition of the game. I cannot wait...this could be the AC game I've been waiting for since II and the two games that followed it.

i agree and they said so aswell, they were making an engine while making the game. And that didn't turn out what we expected it to be. But i didn enjoy AC IV the most of the series. I am looking forward to the game