Are you enjoying Dying Light?

• 84 results
mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you enjoying Dying Light? (77 votes)

Yes 51%
No 21%
Undecided 29%

If you own Dying Light are you enjoying the game? I am still on the fence about it, and the reviews are all over the place...when you can actually find them.

• 
Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#1  Edited By Jacanuk
Member since 2011 • 20281 Posts

Yes i am enjoying Dead Isl..... i mean Dying Light a lot. Its a fun game and despite some optimization issues its a gorgeous game and i really like the atmosphere.

After playing both single player and co-op i can with ease say that co-op is by far the most fun, single player is good and even though i only got 10% on the main mission i did get to do a handful of various sidequests and also capture some of the airdrops that come down during the day.

Gameplay is absolutely top notch and compared to Dead Island this is like day and night, where dead Island was a void filled with bugs and glitches and never really reached its potential and seem to run in all direction and have major flaws in its design. Dying light is the completly opposite, there are slight glitches but nothing nearly as bad as Dead Island.

A big problem though is optimazation which even on high end machines with SLI 980´s will run into some framerate issues, not so bad though that it makes the game unplayable but they are there.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts

Coming next month on Europe i cant wait

Lulu_Lulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Lulu_Lulu
Member since 2013 • 19564 Posts

Its out already ?

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

Im enjoying this game, if you like zombie movies/series you will most likely enjoy this game or if your not into the whole zombie setting you might enjoy it anyways just because you tried something new, i personally am not really a 1st person gamer but im loving this game so far.

The game is out digitally worldwide but if you want the physical game you need to wait a month from what i've heard.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17675 Posts

Yes, a lot actually.

JustPlainLucas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 226

#6  Edited By JustPlainLucas
Member since 2002 • 80441 Posts

So far. Although I don't like how persnickety the parkour is. My character should be smart enough to grab a ledge without it being perfectly centered in the screen.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5596 Posts

I'm not enjoying the controls, wtf puts jump as the RB on Xbox One?

Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Yes

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Still waiting for the physical copy to be released next month unfortunately.

yngsten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 yngsten
Member since 2011 • 463 Posts

@dotWithShoes said:

That was really weird for me too.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ojmstr

@dotWithShoes: took me exactly 1 min to get used to the controllers in this game. Not all games need to have exactly the same control layout.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By MirkoS77

The more I'm playing this, the more I'm loving it. The first person fighting's very well done, the best I've seen since Riddick. Human opponents dodge, parry, and team up. Zombies can be thrown into traps and off roofs. The skill tree is actually useful. Freerunning combined with this is brilliant. Music is decent, VA is alright, full weather system, night is creepy as all hell.

This may be my sleeper surprise of the year. Very glad I decided to pick this up, which was a pure gamble and afterthought as I've been on a game drought for months now. Just something to kill time until the "real" games arrive, hell, I may end up enjoying this more.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#13 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Get the digital version

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Zen_Light
Member since 2010 • 2143 Posts

Ok I was one step from clicking the "buy" button on amazon, but then I read the GT review. I'm not saying I didn't purchase the game just because of that review, but I'm just being a little cautious before I decide. The review didn't mention the story, atmosphere, character progression etc.

So along with those questions, is this game anything like the Fallout games? Is there a lot to do in the open world in the form of sidequests? Is there much variety? Please go in to detail about the RPG elements and how high can you level up?

Thanks in advance.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MirkoS77

@Zen_Light said:

Ok I was one step from clicking the "buy" button on amazon, but then I read the GT review. I'm not saying I didn't purchase the game just because of that review, but I'm just being a little cautious before I decide. The review didn't mention the story, atmosphere, character progression etc.

So along with those questions, is this game anything like the Fallout games? Is there a lot to do in the open world in the form of sidequests? Is there much variety? Please go in to detail about the RPG elements and how high can you level up?

Thanks in advance.

If I were to describe this, I'd say it's a cross between Fallout 3 and Mirror's Edge set in a zombie apocalypse. You're basically a "runner" in a zombie setting that feels like Fallout. You loot a lot and do Fallout type missions. At this point, I consider this to be better than ME mechanically, and that's an immense compliment. In terms of RPG aspects, there's three skill trees (Power, Survivor, and Agility). Agility is for freerunning mechanics, survivor is overall abilities, and power is fighting.

This game really didn't give me a first good impression, however. You're slow, your stamina sucks, you can't carry much, it takes forever to climb obstacles, weapons suck, and you're limited in combat options. But then you start unlocking skills. I've just hit second tier agility (about 8-10 upgrades) which allows you to run faster, longer, jump farther, and pull yourself up very quickly. I can now FLY through the environments and around enemies. From the future skills I see, you can eventually wall run, roll to break high falls, vault over enemies, slide, drop kick, and more. The climbing mechanics also don't at all feel scripted, but emergent. This is a parkour and platforming game predominantly, IMO, and a brilliant one at that. After having put some time in it I'm very impressed and am having a blast. Literally everything you see you can traverse somehow and usually at speed and with efficiency. Seldom have I had a game give me such a feeling of freedom, but it took a while to get there. But man I'm glad I stuck it out because the game blossoms into something real fun.

If you liked Fallout 3 and Mirror's Edge, get this. You won't regret it. But keep in mind that it does start out slow and takes some investment before you sprout wings and the environment becomes a playground.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Zen_Light

@MirkoS77: Thank you for the detailed description. I never played Dead Island or Left4Dead, but I loved the exploration and looting in Fallout 3/NV. Previews of this game reminded me of that series with the weapon crafting, looting and p-a setting.

After reading some reviews, it appears you can play many different ways. I think I'd like to play more towards the agility/parkour non gunning style.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By ojmstr

@Zen_Light: Im really impressed with the graphics and physics in this game and the atmosphere is just perfect, i love it.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Zen_Light

I've been watching Gamespot peeps play the game, and that's what got me hyped about it in the first place. Before that I thought it was gonna be like a typical enclosed area RE survivor horror (the kind I hate), but after seeing it was an open world game with the RPG stats and leveling, I quickly became interested.

Anyways, after more research and comments in this thread, I purchased it. Can't wait!

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MirkoS77

@Zen_Light: yea, don't think slow paced. While you can walk around, you can also move throughout the environments with ease and very quickly. Jumping from roof to roof, down to the ground, rolling, then vaulting over low walls, over enemies, all while losing no momentum (though not at the start). It's very well done and plays smoothly.

There's a second main agility upgrade I've yet to get which apparently makes you run and climb even faster and you never lose stamina. Can't wait to get it with all the other agility abilities.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Jacanuk

@Zen_Light said:

Thanks in advance.

The GT review?

But no this is nothing like Fallout, its not a open world RPG story game, its a zombie survival game like Dead Island. If you liked Dead Island you won't go wrong at any point with this game, its more of that just made like it should have been made from the start.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#21 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

What...MDK got you scared to buy digital? I just joking @mdk12345 :)

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MarcRecon

@BattleSpectre said:

What...MDK got you scared to buy digital? I'm just joking @mdk12345 :)

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22389 Posts

@BattleSpectre said:

Yeah same here mate... playing Saints Row 4 Re-elected while I wait.

Shmiity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#24 Shmiity
Member since 2006 • 6625 Posts

I finished it. It's just a less-clunky Dead Island. The story sucks, the characters suck, the gameplay has some merit with the free-running and progression, but the missions are so lame. "Go here, get this, talk to this person". It's really lame. This game just doesn't have any heart, like all of the Techland games. It just feels, pun intended- dead. Not to mention, the game just becomes a chore to play after awhile. I found it went from "interesting" to "fucking annoying" really fast.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts
@sukraj said:

@BattleSpectre said:

Get the digital version

Eh, I prefer physical copies to be honest. I don't think this will be a game I'll want to keep when I'm done with it :P

@MarcRecon: Heh, well apparently he is retiring from this site, saw him make a thread about it on Off-Topic. Unless he's changed his mind or something I dunno.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ojmstr

@Shmiity: Most people rate it around 8 and that is good enough, i didn't expect to much from the story but the graphics and atmosphere in this game + the gameplay and the physics makes this game the best zombie game ever made. The voice acting is not that bad actually compared to many other games. The things that might drag the score down as i also have mentioned earlyer is repetetiveness and story telling but i kinda predicted that and for me that does not matter to much. Can't expect Tlou quality games all the time.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MarcRecon

@BattleSpectre:

Wow, gonna miss the little fella!

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zen_Light

@Jacanuk said:

@Zen_Light said:

Thanks in advance.

The GT review?

But no this is nothing like Fallout, its not a open world RPG story game, its a zombie survival game like Dead Island. If you liked Dead Island you won't go wrong at any point with this game, its more of that just made like it should have been made from the start.

Well when I watched video of it, it reminded me a lot of the Fallout games. Another review I read said it was an open world RPG in the post-apocalyptic world--something in common with Fallout, and Mirko said it felt like a Fallout game. The crafting and weapon creation seems similar, and so does the loot collecting and exploration. Seems the only thing different from Fallout are Zombies and the parkour.

I've never played Dead Island, as I already stated.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Jacanuk

@Zen_Light said:

@Jacanuk said:

@Zen_Light said:

Thanks in advance.

The GT review?

Well when I watched video of it, it reminded me a lot of the Fallout games. Another review I read said it was an open world RPG in the post-apocalyptic world--something in common with Fallout, and Mirko said it felt like a Fallout game. The crafting and weapon creation seems similar, and so does the loot collecting and exploration. Seems the only thing different from Fallout are Zombies and the parkour.

I've never played Dead Island, as I already stated.

Hmm, not sure why someone would get the Fallout feel. Sure at its basic elements Questing and the skill trees it might be similar but its gameplay is light years apart. Fallout 3 is a open-world-rpg game heavily focused on the rpg element. Dying Light is a action game with a open world exactly like Dead Island or Dead Rising. Also you don't earn exp in the traditional sense, you earn skill points which you can use to open additional skills from the 3 skills tree which are highly restricted in that way that you earn points in each of the 3 trees based on actions in that skill,

As to the crafting, i don't recall anything like this in Fallout 3, it does have small elements in the first and new vega but Its the exact same as in Dead Rising 1-3 or Dead Island 1 and Riptide.

So sure if you look at some elements you can look at fallout and say yes, but you can do that with tons of other games also, its just basic building blocks for most games. But if you on the account of Mirko´s post go and buy this or get more interested because you like fallout, then you will be disappointed because Dying light is a zombie slash action game not a Fallout RPG game.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Zen_Light

Honestly I never expected it to be EXACTLY like Fallout, but from what I've seen and read, it does have somewhat of a similar atmosphere as far as exploration, setting and such. Those zombies remind me a bit of the ghouls in that game too.

Just having a similar atmosphere, and being open-world is enough for me to enjoy the game even though I don't normally like closed off zombie games or the horror genre in general.

I've also read that it shares similarities with Far Cry 3/4, and I love those games.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 595

#33  Edited By hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts
@yngsten said:

@dotWithShoes said:

That was really weird for me too.

It's odd but... But I can see the benefit. You get even more control over your movement because you dont have to release the right analog stick to press another jump button with your thumb. You get used to it after an hour or two anyway.

I love this game, I really enjoy it. Much better than Dead Island.

Lozozozozoz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Lozozozozoz
Member since 2014 • 85 Posts

I know that most people have been enjoying this game a lot - it's a good game and a lot of people love it.

I, however, am not enjoying it. I found it very disappointing - no where near as good as I thought it was going to be.

But I seem to be alone in that.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By MirkoS77

@ojmstr said:

@Shmiity: Most people rate it around 8 and that is good enough, i didn't expect to much from the story but the graphics and atmosphere in this game + the gameplay and the physics makes this game the best zombie game ever made. The voice acting is not that bad actually compared to many other games. The things that might drag the score down as i also have mentioned earlyer is repetetiveness and story telling but i kinda predicted that and for me that does not matter to much. Can't expect Tlou quality games all the time.

This has turned into my favorite zombie game ever.

Yea, the story and characters are pretty generic, and the mission structure is treading familiar ground. Errand boy basically. But the gameplay excels, and the game is just overall FUN so even if the missions are filler it still gives an excuse to get out there and explore. Traversal's a joy, combat's brutal. The beauty of this game lies in the upgrade trees, and because of that I think it gives off a fairly big poor first impression until you've poured about 5-10 hours into it to start to unlock them. Once you get "Freerunner adept" in the agility tree, the game transforms from a slow plodding routine FP adventure to a brisk, fast paced one. It's what I've always wanted out of an open world Mirror's Edge. I never got tired of playing because the implementation of the skills are excellently done. They're fun and they change the way you can play (sometimes drastically so, like the grappling hook) even in late game.

It never gets boring, and that's an immense credit to Dying Light and the competency of its progression. I was constantly being surprised, from hour two, to five, to ten, to twenty. My reaction to this over a ten hour period was basically:

• "Oh boy, another generic open world game".
  • "Huh, that's kind of neat".
  • "Ok, this game's not too bad".
  • "Damn, this is pretty damn good".
  • "Holy shit, this game's an absolute blast!!".

It took hours to get there, but man I'm having a good time and am looking forward to NG+. It's very rare for a game to have me thinking about playing it when I'm not, and this game's doing that constantly. That's a mark of a good game. I think that this should at least get an 8-8.5, I don't agree with a 7. I consider this to easily be the best open world zombie game ever made, frankly. It is incredibly enjoyable for what it is.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By MirkoS77

@Zen_Light said:

Honestly I never expected it to be EXACTLY like Fallout, but from what I've seen and read, it does have somewhat of a similar atmosphere as far as exploration, setting and such. Those zombies remind me a bit of the ghouls in that game too.

Just having a similar atmosphere, and being open-world is enough for me to enjoy the game even though I don't normally like closed off zombie games or the horror genre in general.

I've also read that it shares similarities with Far Cry 3/4, and I love those games.

What I meant in saying it's similar to Fallout is mostly the looting and little things (the lockpicking). It just has an overall feel that is very similar to the Fallout games, not necessarily going any more in depth than that. I'd now equate it a bit closer to Farcry 3 (haven't played 4 yet) than Fallout 3, which is not at all a bad thing.

This game is excellent, buy it. Do not listen to these average reviews. I'd be astonished if you end up not liking it, though please keep in mind it does take a while to open up with the skill trees. It gave me a less than good first impression as the tutorial and intro suck honestly and your abilities are not all developed. However once things are unlocked and your character starts evolving, the world is your oyster. I LOVE the parkour in this. It's a blast.

Jacanuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Jacanuk

@MirkoS77 said:

@Zen_Light said:

@Zen_Light said:

What I meant in saying it's similar to Fallout is mostly the looting and little things (the lockpicking). It just has an overall feel that is very similar to the Fallout games, not necessarily going any more in depth than that. I'd now equate it a bit closer to Farcry 3 (haven't played 4 yet) than Fallout 3, which is not at all a bad thing.

This game is excellent, buy it. Do not listen to these average reviews. I'd be astonished if you end up not liking it, though please keep in mind it does take a while to open up with the skill trees. It gave me a less than good first impression as the tutorial and intro suck honestly and your abilities are not all developed. However once things are unlocked and your character starts evolving, the world is your oyster. I LOVE the parkour in this. It's a blast.

I agree 100% with this and if you like playing with friends more than alone, it also has 4-player co-op which is seamless with your single-player game, so you can go on your own do thing also, friends can jump in and out. And ya it has the same lockpicking as Skyrim/Fallout

I do not get the average reviews from critics, because looking at what has come in the last year, this game is one of the most bug free and full experiences compared to Unity, Mordor, Dragons age.... etc.... But it does have that Dead Island feel to it and that might be the reason.

But darn its fun, it takes a bit, you need to get past the prologue and the initial quests and the game opens up. Not to forget the Play as zombie, wow that is soooo much fun only problem is that not enough people are playing games you can invade :D

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By MirkoS77

@Jacanuk said:

@MirkoS77 said:

I agree 100% with this and if you like playing with friends more than alone, it also has 4-player co-op which is seamless with your single-player game, so you can go on your own do thing also, friends can jump in and out. And ya it has the same lockpicking as Skyrim/Fallout

I do not get the average reviews from critics, because looking at what has come in the last year, this game is one of the most bug free and full experiences compared to Unity, Mordor, Dragons age.... etc.... But it does have that Dead Island feel to it and that might be the reason.

But darn its fun, it takes a bit, you need to get past the prologue and the initial quests and the game opens up. Not to forget the Play as zombie, wow that is soooo much fun only problem is that not enough people are playing games you can invade :D

Yup, given this game's scope I'm amazed it's as polished as it is. There have been reports of some bad bugs (deleting save games) but I've yet to encounter one in-game bug at all. It's a testament to the care that's gone into this.

I don't get these lower reviews. Yes, the game's not perfect but it is so damn fun. I just have so much enjoyment every second I play, and ultimately fun is what a game should be about. I love how the game rewards your playstyle. Meaning, if you use parkour it'll give you points for each move you do, encouraging you to do more. Or if you focus on fighting, you'll level up quicker in that. It's really a game that rewards your particular approach, and the rewards are actually meaningful and make it even better.

Dying Light impresses me the more I play. I'm absolutely in love with it and it's going to be easily in my top games of the year.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 595

#39  Edited By hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

What I really think could benefit Dying Lights immersion is some sort of ranger-mode like in Metro: Last Light.

Bump up the difficulty, and I mean a HUGE fucking bump because it's super easy once your maxed out on all the skill trees. Also completely remove the hud and the mini-map (theres not even an option to disable it in the display menu if you want to experiment for yourself). Its just annoying and cheap. I mean if you want to check your map - just pause and look at where you are, then try navigate from there. Remember the original Operation Flashpoint anyone?

I'm not a fan of the "Call of Duty UAV" mini-map holding your hand all the time. Especially in games that relies on the tension and fear of your surroundings. Running around avoiding enemies via mini-map is such a retarded way to play. Seriously...

What happened to critical listenting and actually trying to figure out for yourself where the enemies are located in the enviroment?

More ideas:

• Runners only mode - No slow zombies or special infected. 28 Days Later style.
  • Make the horde-mode available on many different closed sections of the world-map and just not some probably boring football arena like they announced part of the DLC. That could be a bonus imo. There are so many locations in Harran that could fit this Left 4 Dead survival-mode style of play.
  • Custom multi-player charachters - Why not be able to pick a charachter from the NPC rooster? We dont need a charachter creator we just want to look different apart from each other.
  • Vote-kick - Some people just refuses to co-operate through missions and side-quests or is simply AFK.
  • Batteries for your flashlight - Should force you too scavenge for batteries so you have enough for the night (maybe crafting new ones). I've seen so many people online having their flashlight on during daylight, it looks so stupid lol. But why would anyone even bother to turn it off, it doesn't matter anyway. I just turn it off for the "role-play" aspect...
  • Hunger - Similiar to Minecrafts hunger mechanism. Looting for food could have a much bigger purpose in this game. Imagine rationing your food supply in your stash and inventory (instead of eating that tapas directly after looting, even on 100% health, you keep it in your bag until you really need it). So If you don't eat, you'll be more vunerable, your stamina will decrease and you will not be able to run/jump/climb as fast or as far. Also the your melee power will be significantly weaker. So by not being able to hit the enemies hard enough, you'll have to resort to guns which of course will trigger any nearby infected if used) etc. Even perhaps, if you don't eat you'll get overencumbered depending on how much you carry. Want to keep those rifles in your bag? Or do you want to be able to walk to a safehouse before its getting dark. Hehe...
  • No grappling hook mode.

Techland I'll buy the game again if you make this happen.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sukraj

I've just started playing the game and I love it

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ojmstr

@MirkoS77: Same here given the fact that Tlou is not a Zombie game though but this game is seriously a good game, my favorite game on this gen without a doubt and my favorite zombie game ever. Havn't played enough to say anything about the story or if it's repetitive or not but from what i hear from you i doubt it will feel repetitive and so far im having so much fun with even just the sidequest, they are hilarious:) loving this game.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MirkoS77

@ojmstr said:

@MirkoS77: Same here given the fact that Tlou is not a Zombie game though but this game is seriously a good game, my favorite game on this gen without a doubt and my favorite zombie game ever. Havn't played enough to say anything about the story or if it's repetitive or not but from what i hear from you i doubt it will feel repetitive and so far im having so much fun with even just the sidequest, they are hilarious:) loving this game.

How far are you in levels and upgrades?

Stink_Feet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Stink_Feet
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Can't wait to play it. I loved Dead island and this just looks amazing. Can't wait till it comes to germany!

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By ojmstr

@MirkoS77: Just finished 28% of the main story, havn't been bored of the game for even 1 second. My survivor rank is lv 10, agility lv 8 and power lv 9. Just started to upgrade and modifie my weapons today and i also got a 9mm handgun and a Machinegun today that i havn't used yet, wanted to really get the hang of the gameplay first and just slowly push on forward with the upgrades and stuff before i go total bananas, i don't want to be to OP'ed just yet if that ever happens. Btw i also get that feeling i had in Fallout 3 when it comes to the looting and exploring aspect of this game.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zen_Light

Got the game today and what I've played so far is great... until I came across a huge glitch. I'm supposed to pick up some firecrackers off of this guys desk, but when I pick them up, nothing happens. This guy blocks the door and tells me to "pick up the firecrackers" and I keep performing the action, but they just re-appear on his desk and do not register in my inventory, and the quest highlight bullet point display says I haven't picked them up.

lol all of this is pre-patch of course, so I sure as hell hope it fixes this or I won't be able to continue the game.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#46 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

I'm enjoying it a lot. My only real complaint is that the zombies are damage sponges. You shouldn't have to wail on a low level zombie's head 8 times with a pipe wrench to make it die.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 sukraj

Gunna play some more of this game tonight.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ojmstr

@Zen_Light: Hope things work out for you, they will probably patch it. I havn't come across any glitches like that,only minor bugs but i heard there has been some gltches with the inventory, some even found out how to cheat by throwing a weapon and then go right into the inventory and drop the weapon just to pick it up again and voila you now have two of the same weapons, think they patched that cheat though hopefully.

Zen_Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Zen_Light

Yeah the patch fix it, well sort of... when I started the game up again, I was outside the shack and the guy was still blocking the door. I managed to squeeze back in side and when I picked the firecrackers up, it worked this time.

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MirkoS77

@coasterguy65 said:

I'm enjoying it a lot. My only real complaint is that the zombies are damage sponges. You shouldn't have to wail on a low level zombie's head 8 times with a pipe wrench to make it die.

Give it time. You'll get to a point where you'll be able to one hit kill them, and soon will be slicing your way through mobs at a time. Keep practicing combat though as that's how you gain exp to level it up. The later weapons and abilities make you a zombie lawnmower.