Are you enjoying Dying Light?

• 84 results
mgools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

Poll Are you enjoying Dying Light? (77 votes)

Yes 51%
No 21%
Undecided 29%

If you own Dying Light are you enjoying the game? I am still on the fence about it, and the reviews are all over the place...when you can actually find them.

• 
coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#51 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

@MirkoS77: Thanks...doing some side quest grinding now. Still even at the lowest experience levels it shouldn't take 8 hits to kill something. Even Tormentos doesn't have that hard of a head.

AgeThe6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 5

#52 AgeThe6
Member since 2014 • 179 Posts

So-So lol

MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#53 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

@coasterguy65 said:

@MirkoS77: Thanks...doing some side quest grinding now. Still even at the lowest experience levels it shouldn't take 8 hits to kill something. Even Tormentos doesn't have that hard of a head.

Yea well they're undead. Brains only good for eating. ;p

Seriously though, at higher levels you can decapitate 3-4 zeds in one lucky swing, where in the beginning if I had three on me at once that was pretty much death. I think a lot of it has to do with weapon power and not so much level. Early on they only do 20-50 per hit and degrade like crazy, later weapons are in the hundreds per hit and are much more durable. I'd argue that it almost becomes a little too easy late game, though you can still get overwhelmed in a large crowd because your stamina can run out and zombies do become more aggressive as you level.

Ish_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Ish_basic
Member since 2002 • 5051 Posts

Just finished the main story. Really enjoyed it. I liked Dead Island and I loved Mirror's Edge, so no surprise that I had fun with this. I'd definitely be interested in DLC.

I do like how aggressive the zombies are, that they're not just fodder like in DR3. But they probably need to tone down the blueprints and keep things more realistic. Leave things like the angel sword as unlockables for finishing the game. As it was, I got it that blueprint shortly after reaching old town and it allowed me to mow through hordes with ease. It really is more fun when you're shattering skulls one by one and using your platforming, traps and diversionary items to get through harsh areas. That being said, you could always not use the blueprints if you find things too easy. This is like most RPGs where it's really easy to level out of the challenge as it's just not scaled properly for higher survival ranks and the equipment that comes with them. Still fun, it just becomes less tense. Really good, just needs better game balance towards the end.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#55 ojmstr
Member since 2003 • 1949 Posts

@Ish_basic: I agree with you, im 48% through the mainstory now and i have only used 1 bluprint even though i have plenty and all my abillitys are just things like haggling and stuff like that, nothing over the top just to keep it more "realistic" and more challenging.

hxce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 593

#56 hxce
Member since 2006 • 2099 Posts

@Zen_Light said:

Got the game today and what I've played so far is great... until I came across a huge glitch. I'm supposed to pick up some firecrackers off of this guys desk, but when I pick them up, nothing happens. This guy blocks the door and tells me to "pick up the firecrackers" and I keep performing the action, but they just re-appear on his desk and do not register in my inventory, and the quest highlight bullet point display says I haven't picked them up.

lol all of this is pre-patch of course, so I sure as hell hope it fixes this or I won't be able to continue the game.

Try join an online session and see if the glitch disappears.

Ribstaylor1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#58 Ribstaylor1
Member since 2014 • 2186 Posts

So far I'm not minding it. But it glaringly obvious this game is going to lose my interest and fast. It's just so shallow and besides the refreshing zombie free running it offers nothing that makes me want to recommend it over other titles .

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 ojmstr

@ribstaylor1: I wouldn't say it's shallow, it has tons of things you can do, and as you progress through the game you unlock skillpoints and get your hands on new weapons, havn't had so much fun with a videogame in a long time. loving it! Im at 80% now, need to slow it down a little bit and do some sidequests again. I thought this game was gonna feel repetetive and shallow after a while but it hasn't, not for me at least. Allready looking forward to Dlc's and Dying Light 2.

Helghast_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60 Helghast_Merc
Member since 2006 • 808 Posts

The game seems alright, so far. I bought the game for the pc, and the stability of the game's framerate is all over the place. At some places, it runs fine, but at other spots in the game, the framerate takes a nose dive. If you have the PC version, I would suggest turning down the draw distance to a minimum, or all the way off.

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I did finish the story and did all side quest and now playing a new game+ and still enjoying it.

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#62 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Beat the game last night. I have mixed feelings about the game. On the plus side I enjoyed the atmosphere, combat and exploration aspects of the game, but the story and characters were cringe-worthy bad, and the parkour was off at times and a bit clunky here and there.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#63 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

So far this is my GOTY for 2015.

Iownu4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Iownu4ever
Member since 2015 • 39 Posts

Yes Dying Light is a great game it's really good top choice this year for sure.

allbulldogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65 allbulldogg
Member since 2005 • 139 Posts

I was really surprised at how much im enjoying this game. I think if i played single player I might not care as much. Playing coop with a friend is where its at. good parkour, fun zombie killing, the day night cycle and, great coop.

Spursnfeathers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66 Spursnfeathers
Member since 2015 • 34 Posts

Yes I'm enjoying it.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67 sukraj

I've put in a few hours and I'm pretty impressed with the game.

gcfreak898

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#68 gcfreak898
Member since 2003 • 2031 Posts

I refuse to buy more zombie survival garbage.

Quaker-w00ts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 Quaker-w00ts
Member since 2009 • 1646 Posts

Loads of fun. The thing I like the most is turing on player invasion at night because the hunt is really frantic, tense and extremely satisfying if you come out with the win.

XIntoTheBlue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 XIntoTheBlue
Member since 2009 • 1070 Posts

I had a lot of fun playing Dying Light. I did all but a few of the "go fetch" quests, the challenges, and a few quarantine zones. I enjoyed the parkour and exploring aspects and some of the more humorous dialogues in the game. The detail in the environment was top notch and made me go "sightseeing" a lot rather than paying attention to what I was supposed to be doing. Taking out zombies with a large variety of options at your disposal was cool as well. You have a lot of different kinds of weapons you can use. There's lots of mods you can make to the weapons. Then there are consumable goodies such as throwing stars, grenades, and bombs. Those are fun. Then there's all the skills you unlock that can kill things in different ways (like throwing a zombie off a roof to its death or a silent takedown, or even a drop kick!) Then there is co-op if you're a fan of that.

The game's performance was great except most times when I get slimed. For some reason, the game stutters something fierce during those moments. I was slightly disappointed with how uninspired guns were in the game. I figured it's because they wanted a focus on melee weapons. Having three basic weapons with a couple variants of each type (except the double-barrel) with no mods allowed on them were lackluster. Was pretty disappointed during the Gunsmith's quest, figuring I could get an awesome gun from him. Nope, all I got from him was a camo'd police rifle. Big whoop. I didn't try be the zombie mode as watching some lets plays didn't exactly spark my enthusiasm for it. Made me wonder what the point of being a night hunter is since they always seem to get aced easily. Another downside is there are some very high vista locations you can climb on top of to get a sweet view, but because of the game simulates windy heights that makes tall structures sway back and forth, you can get a bit nauseous (they make your character sway back and forth). So if you get motion sickness easy, you'll want to stay away from that.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By ojmstr

If your on the fence about buying this game you should check out these gameplay videos and maybe you will change your mind, the gameplay feels really fresh and truly next gen for me at least. Really impressed with the physics and graphics in this game as well.

There are no plot spoilers in any of these vidoes but you will see a variety of enemys, weapons and some locations from sidequests so do not watch if you don't want that to be spoiled for you.

Loading Video...
Loading Video...

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72 sukraj

I might play more of Dying Light this evening.

Piersonhug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73 Piersonhug
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Yes, I enjoy it!

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

@sukraj said:

I picked up the game today, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. Tomorrow (Saturday) I'll jump right into it, hopefully I enjoy it.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22372 Posts

I picked it up yesterday, and put a good 4-5 hours into it... and I'm finding it a bit boring to be honest. There have been waaaay to many fetch quests so far for my liking. The parkour is fun but the story is horrible. I'm probably going to return it and wait for a price drop.

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Ok, just an update. I have put a few hours into it, firstly I have to agree about the missions, the fetch type of quests are already getting on my nerves and from what I hear the story doesn't get any better from here on in. The graphics are great, I love the wind effects that blow debris around, the lighting and detail in this game are also very well done. Gameplay so far is good, parkour is fun and easy to pick up and learn, it works as intended and feels smooth so far. Bashing zombies heads in feels great, although for now I tend to mostly avoid them and stick to high grounds or try and run around them. I'm a bit too early in the game to really criticize it, but from what I've played so far I wish there was more variety in the missions. There's really nothing else for me to play right now (Finished The Order 1886 before this) so I'm going to stick to this game until I finish it and take my time with it, I just don't feel all that confident in this game when pretty much everyone confirms the fetch quests never end, and the story isn't all that great. One thing it does have going for it though, is the gameplay. It does feel smooth, and the combat so far has felt satisfying. I will put some more hours into it today and see how I feel about it then. In conclusion it's definitely not the worst game out there.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By sukraj

@BattleSpectre said:

@sukraj said:

I picked up the game today, but I haven't had the chance to play it yet. Tomorrow (Saturday) I'll jump right into it, hopefully I enjoy it.

I hope you enjoy the game let me know what you think of it.

Evil_Saluki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#78 Evil_Saluki
Member since 2008 • 5217 Posts

The last level is awful and a quicklime event that comes out of nowhere. The game has never done quicktimes during cutscenes then suddenly!

Got to love that bit your running in the sewers and level design has those iron bars you need to jump across. Not.

Otherwise really good game.

Leon_Zhu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 Leon_Zhu
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

its a good zomble 1st person game for sure, but one of the thing I feel disatisfied with is, normal zombles usually behave like a fool and hardly cause threat to me. Maybe just because I have a higher demand to challenge myself than you guys

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80 ojmstr

@leon_zhu: Play at night time then ;) They will release a patch this month btw that will make the game way much harder

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 sukraj

I'm addicted to this game.

mjf249

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#82 mjf249
Member since 2004 • 3000 Posts

@dotWithShoes: I

The RB feels natural after awhile, you'll eventually develop the muscle memory for the controls.

ojmstr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By ojmstr

@mjf249 said:

@dotWithShoes: I

The RB feels natural after awhile, you'll eventually develop the muscle memory for the controls.

Yeah it really does, i remember some people complained when the game was first released that the jump button was not on the X and A button for PS and xbox controllers, but it really makes sense why the jump button is on RB instead so you allways have your thumbs on the analogs for full control over your movements.

HipHopBeats

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#84 HipHopBeats
Member since 2011 • 2850 Posts

After checking out a few walkthrough vids, it's looking more like a price drop pick up for me.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 sukraj

@HipHopBeats said:

After checking out a few walkthrough vids, it's looking more like a price drop pick up for me.

you're loss bud, only kidding

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#86 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts

Yes i love it so far

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87 sukraj

@CTR360 said:

Yes i love it so far

I'm only a few hours into the game and its the best zombie game I have played.