Anyone excited for Assassins Creed Rogue?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

danyopizzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By danyopizzle
Member since 2005 • 341 Posts

I am so excited, this is the first game I ever pre-ordered in my entire life, I loved black flag so much! Anyone with me? What are you hoping for this game?

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

I am happy that you are excited, but Assassins Creed would be the last game that would make my first pre order. I had fun with Black Flag's ship battles, but even that got old and it was the only thing holding up the game for me. I am way more intrigued by AC Unity and its improvement in the core mechanics of the franchise

Planeforger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Planeforger
Member since 2004 • 19570 Posts

I don't know how people still get excited for Assassins Creed games.

It's the same thing every year, for...too many years now. I tend to buy them when they're really cheap, play them for a few hours, then get bored and shelve them.They've completely lost their charm by now - for me at least.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@Planeforger said:

I don't know how people still get excited for Assassins Creed games.

It's the same thing every year, for...too many years now. I tend to buy them when they're really cheap, play them for a few hours, then get bored and shelve them.They've completely lost their charm by now - for me at least.

You kinda sound like me, I got AC2 and Black flag and have yet to beat them....but don't worry TC,I think with the addition of MP to this years game, you should have no problem finding mates to play with.

mastermetal777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 2

#5 mastermetal777
Member since 2009 • 3236 Posts

I don't know. As much as I enjoyed Black Flag, Rogue just seems like the exact same thing, gameplay-wise. Sure it's a new protagonist, but I'm not gonna bother with it unless I see something different with it.

Until then, I'll keep my eyes peeled for Unity, as that one seems to be looking great from both a story and gameplay perspective.

CrimsonBrute

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#6  Edited By CrimsonBrute  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 25603 Posts

I am. It's the only game in the series that I am looking forward to.

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts

I can't conjure the energy for AC: Rogue having just finished Black Flag. The jankiness and horrid controls of BF seem worse than anything in the series yet and they won't put the time & effort into improving these on a late 7th gen cash-grab. I'm more interested in Unity and I hope the new engine and revamped controls resolve said jankiness.

humanistpotato

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 humanistpotato
Member since 2013 • 555 Posts

i bet ubisoft wont make anything innovative even on templar setting , so , meh... for me

cooolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 cooolio
Member since 2013 • 586 Posts

@MarcRecon: Well TC is referring to rogue, Which as no muliplayer; as for AC Unity, 4 player co-op is present

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts

Rogue is definitely grabbing my attention more than Unity... Hopefully we get a next-gen release too eventually.

BboyStatix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By BboyStatix
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

Black Flag was absolutely amazing and it was so good that I actually got up to 90% completion (before my game stopped working that is :( ). That feeling of discovering new islands is unparalleled and the sense of discovery. Simply wow... So I'm definitely glad to go for another round of that goodness in an icy setting. I'm sure they will introduce enough new things to still make it fresh. The main thing I like about the game is not the ship battles which are actually quite good, but the fact that when I get bored of land activities I can alternate between the two. It keeps the game fun and wow really loved looking for treasure chests.

GeorgeBouie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12 GeorgeBouie
Member since 2014 • 47 Posts

It sounds good that you had pre-order first time the game. I like this game in terms of story as well its character, this game introduce an air riffle, that allow the players to silently take out the players from the distance.
When I had played this game, I like this game and found it very interesting.