Anyone else find Far cry 3 to get boring very fast?

• 52 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A_MExican21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 A_MExican21
Member since 2013 • 174 Posts
After 2 hours I got bored of it. Anyone else feel the same?
Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Not at all, on the contrary, the more I played the more into it I got. 

wiouds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 wiouds
Member since 2004 • 6233 Posts

I would say out of the other FPS I have played it not as much fun. I would replay a CoD game before I replay it.

Hakumen21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Hakumen21
Member since 2013 • 359 Posts

Yes.

I have it on PC, and never beat the story.

Its too easy with a silenced sniper rifle is all you really need.

Easy mode.

A_MExican21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 A_MExican21
Member since 2013 • 174 Posts
I'll try to play it more and see if that sparks my interest again.
hello505

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 hello505
Member since 2013 • 523 Posts
Not really, It's a dose of awesomeness. Although, I wish Vaas lasted a little longer, cause the latter boss is quite boring in depth, and is as typical as Dr. Evil.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#7 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I think it got more interesting as it progressed. Purchases new weapons and upgrades helped some too. The open world was great, though I didn't bother with completing all of the side stuff. Fun game overall, though I blew through it in about a week maybe.
pawq4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 pawq4
Member since 2013 • 448 Posts

I think it got kind of repetitive.

Flubbbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Flubbbs
Member since 2010 • 4968 Posts

lost interest after 5 hours and never finished the story

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

For me it go better as I went along and I couldn't put it down until I beat it.

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
Nope, I really enjoyed exploring the world and getting into firefights. I just wish they had more outposts to clear.
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#12 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Kind of, you spend a lot of time doing the same thing, just walking from outpost to outpost.
Pffrbt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 Pffrbt
Member since 2010 • 6612 Posts

Yes. I played for about 12 hours and couldn't go on. The gameplay is extremely shallow and repetitive and I hated all of the characters and the writing.

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#14 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

Yes and no.  I played for probably around 20 hours before I stopped.  Which is considerably longer than most sandbox games crammed full of useless, boring, and arbitrary content hold my interest.  It's also considerably longer than your typical linear, dull, brown-grey FPS interests me as well.

[spoiler] It wasn't so much the length that killed my interest.  After I killed Vaas, which is about 2/3rd's the way through the game, all narrative momentum was gone.  The game should of ended, but it went on for another 10 hours with a totally new, and far LESS interesting villain. [/spoiler]

It did eventually come back and play through the game months later when I stopped feeling so burned out on it.  I'm glad I did overall.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts
After the story deals with Vaas it's pretty much not as good, it's repetitive from activating towers and clearing compounds. The co-op was lots of fun though. I'd like to see more of that kind of stuff but I sold my copy a while back. The game was a lot more playable than Far Cry 2 but as far as graphics went I liked Far Cry 2 better. FC2 used a much better build of Dunia, much better foliage, better made environments, better day and night system, better weather system. All FC3 seemed to fix was AI and that was a major fix, but everything else seemed like a step down. Still, I love those FC3 moments like swimming in a shallow river/stream and then out of nowhere there's an alligator attack.
Avatar image for Tezcatlipoca666
Tezcatlipoca666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Tezcatlipoca666
Member since 2006 • 7241 Posts

It does get repetitive... that's true.

keech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 keech
Member since 2003 • 1451 Posts

After the story deals with Vaas it's pretty much not as good, it's repetitive from activating towers and clearing compounds. The co-op was lots of fun though. I'd like to see more of that kind of stuff but I sold my copy a while back. The game was a lot more playable than Far Cry 2 but as far as graphics went I liked Far Cry 2 better. FC2 used a much better build of Dunia, much better foliage, better made environments, better day and night system, better weather system. All FC3 seemed to fix was AI and that was a major fix, but everything else seemed like a step down. Still, I love those FC3 moments like swimming in a shallow river/stream and then out of nowhere there's an alligator attack.lamprey263

It was great for those dynamic "water cooler" moments that only happen when a lot of factors happen all at once for sure.  One time when I was swimming across a fairly narrow body of water then out of nowhere see a shark shoot towards me like a dagger-toothed torpedo.  It was the first time I encountered a shark in the game.  I then found a boat, hunted it down, killed it and skinned it.

Another was when I was carefully casing an outpost, tagging every person in it, and planning my perfect route inside to take out everyone silently.  Moments before I was about to make my move, I turn 90 degrees and there's a tiger not 15 feet from me that proceeds to maul me.  After unloading my shotgun into it's face, all hell breaks lose and all my careful planning turns into a desperate firefight.

applesxc47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 applesxc47
Member since 2008 • 10761 Posts

I found it to be overwhelming at first, but I started enjoying it quickly. I never found it boring.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#19 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44560 Posts

[QUOTE="lamprey263"]After the story deals with Vaas it's pretty much not as good, it's repetitive from activating towers and clearing compounds. The co-op was lots of fun though. I'd like to see more of that kind of stuff but I sold my copy a while back. The game was a lot more playable than Far Cry 2 but as far as graphics went I liked Far Cry 2 better. FC2 used a much better build of Dunia, much better foliage, better made environments, better day and night system, better weather system. All FC3 seemed to fix was AI and that was a major fix, but everything else seemed like a step down. Still, I love those FC3 moments like swimming in a shallow river/stream and then out of nowhere there's an alligator attack.keech

It was great for those dynamic "water cooler" moments that only happen when a lot of factors happen all at once for sure.  One time when I was swimming across a fairly narrow body of water then out of nowhere see a shark shoot towards me like a dagger-toothed torpedo.  It was the first time I encountered a shark in the game.  I then found a boat, hunted it down, killed it and skinned it.

Another was when I was carefully casing an outpost, tagging every person in it, and planning my perfect route inside to take out everyone silently.  Moments before I was about to make my move, I turn 90 degrees and there's a tiger not 15 feet from me that proceeds to maul me.  After unloading my shotgun into it's face, all hell breaks lose and all my careful planning turns into a desperate firefight.

haha, I thought the tiger story was going somewhere else, a few times I did the same thing, spot people in the outpost, prepare for the best attack, then out of nowhere a tiger gets on their base and proceeds to take half the guys out, happened a few times
johnd13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 johnd13
Member since 2011 • 11125 Posts

For me it was just fun from start to end. Didn' t get bored of it but didn' t get excited with it either.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
The first 2 hours are fairly slow. Gets much better as you progress and unlock stuff
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#22 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Best shooter this gen by a mile.

kickingcarpet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kickingcarpet
Member since 2011 • 570 Posts

I liked the hallucination parts..they were pretty entertianing

Miroku32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#24 Miroku32
Member since 2006 • 8666 Posts
Found it to be boring. It was quite repetitive and the story wasn't that great.
EvilSelf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#25 EvilSelf
Member since 2010 • 3619 Posts

Being afraid of getting bored is one of the reason i still havent played it. I played Far Cry 2 and i did get bored withing 3-4 hours...

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
I think I played about 4 hours of it before taking a break from it. It's a good game, but open world games tend to bore me fairly easily. I'll eventually beat it, but I pretty much have to play it in blocks with a bit of time in between.
Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#27 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

Only after all the outposts were completed.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 sukraj

this game is real sweet.

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

Like most open world games, it did get boring pretty quick. It's basically the same missions over and over. I still haven't finished it, and honestly have no desire to return to it any time soon.

Zevvion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Zevvion
Member since 2009 • 454 Posts
Kind of, you spend a lot of time doing the same thing, just walking from outpost to outpost.Legolas_Katarn
I was always busy doing something else. Sometime a story mission, other times climbing a radio tower, driving/flying around looking for stuff and collectibles, hunting animals for upgrades, hunting specific animals as missions, taking down a certain person, taking out outposts... No, it definitely never was the same thing while I was playing it. I had a lot of fun with it.
MirkoS77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 MirkoS77
Member since 2011 • 17657 Posts

One of FC 3's weaknesses was that it really lost a lot of the incentive to explore and do side-quests once all the weapons were bought/abilities unlocked as everything you found was converted into money which was by that point useless.  What they should of done is reward exploration with new weapons and abilities until or very near the end.  That, and the fact that the all of the environment looked the same.  It'd have been great to see drylands and deep rainforests.  Other than that, the dynamic nature of the combat and ecosystem always kept it entertaining.

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts
Actually yes. I played it for a few days and enjoyed it a lot (once I got a silenced sniper rifle and the enemy hideouts weren't a huge pain anymore) but I got bored and couldn't bring myself to carry on and find all the relics and reveal all the map etc. I traded it in towards some other games but may get it again someday.
Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Kind of, you spend a lot of time doing the same thing, just walking from outpost to outpost.Zevvion
I was always busy doing something else. Sometime a story mission, other times climbing a radio tower, driving/flying around looking for stuff and collectibles, hunting animals for upgrades, hunting specific animals as missions, taking down a certain person, taking out outposts... No, it definitely never was the same thing while I was playing it. I had a lot of fun with it.

Agreed.

The beauty of an open world game is that you can progress and do as you please at your own pace.  

Stop doing the same boring or repetitive task over and over again to keep yourself entertained.  Do I really need to explain how to have fun? :lol:

MonoSilver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 MonoSilver
Member since 2013 • 1392 Posts

[QUOTE="Zevvion"][QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Kind of, you spend a lot of time doing the same thing, just walking from outpost to outpost.Jagged3dge

Agreed.

The beauty of an open world game is that you can progress and do as you please at your own pace.  

Stop doing the same boring or repetitive task over and over again to keep yourself entertained.  Do I really need to explain how to have fun? :lol:

I don't think the blame can be put squarely on the player. I love open world games but I just got bored of Far Cry 3 after a few days. Yes I did all the various stuff you can do but it was just something with the game I can't explain. That missing spark maybe.

I've played games like Elder Scrolls IV, San Andreas, Fallout 3 and Just Cause 2 but kept going with them.

Jagged3dge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Jagged3dge
Member since 2008 • 3895 Posts

[QUOTE="Jagged3dge"]

[QUOTE="Zevvion"] I was always busy doing something else. Sometime a story mission, other times climbing a radio tower, driving/flying around looking for stuff and collectibles, hunting animals for upgrades, hunting specific animals as missions, taking down a certain person, taking out outposts... No, it definitely never was the same thing while I was playing it. I had a lot of fun with it.MonoSilver

Agreed.

I don't think the blame can be put squarely on the player. I love open world games but I just got bored of Far Cry 3 after a few days. Yes I did all the various stuff you can do but it was just something with the game I can't explain. That missing spark maybe.

I've played games like Elder Scrolls IV, San Andreas, Fallout 3 and Just Cause 2 but kept going with them.

Yeah it happens.  I was more speaking directly about that guy's case who was complaining over something he had complete control over.  But of course the game won't captivate everyone.

I actually had trouble getting into one of the examples you listed, Just Cause 2.  Great map but it couldn't hold my attention at all.

jnco10999

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jnco10999
Member since 2008 • 338 Posts

Yea, it feels a bit repetitive at times. You keep doing the same things over and over. I think what really cheapens the whole atmosphere is that the residents aren't even interactive. You can't just go up and talk to them like other games. There's only so much outposts or hunting I can do before it starts getting stale. My advice is to avoid most of the sidequests all together, that way you at least have the story to hold your attention.

hrt_rulz01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 hrt_rulz01
Member since 2006 • 22375 Posts
After 2 hours I got bored of it. Anyone else feel the same?A_MExican21
Yes same here. I find playing it in short bursts is best... Then it's quite enjoyable.
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
Yeah after a day I did get bored and haven't played it since. It was very repetitive in my opinion.
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Black_Knight_00
I beat it 3 times (including Hard and Master), got 1000G within a week and I'm sure I'll play through it again. It never gets old for me.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sukraj

I beat it 3 times (including Hard and Master), got 1000G within a week and I'm sure I'll play through it again. It never gets old for me.Black_Knight_00

I dont know why people can get bored with this game there is so much to do and the missions and side quests are entertaining i'm about 2 hours into the game.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I beat it 3 times (including Hard and Master), got 1000G within a week and I'm sure I'll play through it again. It never gets old for me.sukraj

I dont know why people can get bored with this game there is so much to do and the missions and side quests are entertaining i'm about 2 hours into the game.

Wait, wasn't this your game of the year? You're only two hours into it? :shock:
RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts
The game had really good graphics but it seemed like it was alot of running around back and forth. It was cool at first but I get bored really easily.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 sukraj

[QUOTE="sukraj"]

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"]I beat it 3 times (including Hard and Master), got 1000G within a week and I'm sure I'll play through it again. It never gets old for me.Black_Knight_00

I meant that i'm on my 2nd playthrough and the first time i completed the game i did all the story missions without even touching the side quests thats why i want to concentrate on the side quests this time round.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Black_Knight_00

[QUOTE="Black_Knight_00"][QUOTE="sukraj"]

sukraj

I meant that i'm on my 2nd playthrough and the first time i completed the game i did all the story missions without even touching the side quests thats why i want to concentrate on the side quests this time round.

Oh I see now I get it lol
chrisrooR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 chrisrooR
Member since 2007 • 9027 Posts
I think they could have done a bit more with the story and the locations on the island...but I found it to be an excellent open-world shooter nonetheless.
sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 sukraj

I feel the graphics really look nice and i love the characters in the game especially Vass and Hoyt.

jun_aka_pekto

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 jun_aka_pekto
Member since 2010 • 25255 Posts

I too have finished the game several times. But, the game doesn't feel old yet. I love exploring the island, taking in the day to day happenings. I don't care much for the story. But, I reset my outposts all the time just to make it more hectic. 

Even now, there are some spots in the game that I never saw before. I'll quit playing when I can recall every nook and cranny in the game.   

cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1841 Posts

I think it got kind of repetitive.

pawq4

Pretty much this. I stopped playing once that one bad guy died. 

iampenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 iampenguin
Member since 2013 • 396 Posts

Awesome, awesome sig.!

Ilovegames1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#50 Ilovegames1992
Member since 2010 • 14221 Posts

Nothing beats Far Cry 2 in the boring aspect ha.

It was fun for the most part. I much preferred Blood Dragon though.