Anybody else losing appeal in gaming?

• 56 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Th3Soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#51  Edited By Th3Soldier
Member since 2015 • 105 Posts

It's the time when many cool games are about to come, and also VR, DX12 are on the horizon... It's harder than ever to lose interest in games for me.

Ariabed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#52 Ariabed
Member since 2014 • 2121 Posts

Will be gaming even when I'm old and grey.

neatfeatguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#53 neatfeatguy
Member since 2005 • 4401 Posts

I enjoy games just as much as I used to - but as I get older, I either see games getting dumber or I'm getting smarter (and I don't think it's the latter) and big title games just seem boring.

I find entertainment in most games I play, especially with Divinity: Original Sin. I just picked it up and I've been enjoying it. This game reminds me of older RPG games I like....I actually have to read dialog for most interactions with NPCs. I'm not forced to listen to bad/crappy voices like a lot of games have. It's a nice chance of pace.

With having 2 kids, 2 dogs and a wife - my free time to play has greatly diminished. I used to put in maybe 36 hours a week gaming. I'm lucky if I can get 10-12 hours a week....and my gaming time is at night, so the later I stay up, the more I can play. Then again, staying up late means less sleep and then I'm less functional throughout the day.

If you're not enjoying gaming as much, take a break. Enjoy other things in life. Gaming may come back to you or it may be your time to move on.

foxhound_fox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#54 foxhound_fox
Member since 2005 • 98532 Posts

I can barely find time to play more than an hour or two a week. My interest is super high, but my ability is super low.

xantufrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#56 xantufrog  Moderator
Member since 2013 • 17875 Posts

Please don't bump old threads. Feel free to start a fresh discussion