Any old console games that later got ported over to PC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChuckPalomo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChuckPalomo
Member since 2011 • 31 Posts

So I was thinking about a few console exclusives that I've been really interested on for quite some time now, like Yakuza 3 and Red Dead Redemption, that I never had a chance to play since I never owned a PS3, and I was pondering upon the possibilities of them ever being ported to other platforms. As of right now I think there's 0% chance of that happening, but judging by how much the market is changing these days who knows what the future holds. So in order to have a better idea of those chances I figure I need to take a look at the past. I mean, there must be some old console games out there that eventually got pretty popular and many years after their original release were re-released on PC as some sort of remastered version. Right now the only one that comes to mind is Dead Rising, only not to PC, but to the wii, and it was more of a downgrade than anything else. And then there's obviously the case with Dark Souls, which was a really unusual thing to happen, in the sense that nobody really expected it to, at least not that soon. Any other suggestions?

yearssomuch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By yearssomuch
Member since 2012 • 124 Posts

Alan Wake is a fantastic Xbox 360 exclusive that was ported to PC earlier last year. The storyline is one of the best of this generation, in my opinion. The battle mechanics get a tad repetitive after a bit, but I've played through that game at least three times now and I love it more every time.

Jag85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 219

#3  Edited By Jag85  Online
Member since 2005 • 19544 Posts

I think this would probably be the case for a number of older Japanese console games...

• Final Fantasy VII & VIII
  • Resident Evil 4: Ultimate HD Edition
  • Silent Hill 2-4
  • Devil May Cry 3 & 4
  • Deadly Premonition: The Director's Cut
  • Metal Gear Solid 1-2 & Metal Gear Rising
  • Steins Gate
  • Grandia II
  • Shadow of Memories

edinsftw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 edinsftw
Member since 2009 • 4243 Posts

Well halo 2 did, but it was really really really bad. They limited how fast you can turn....WITH YOUR MOUSE. who da fuq does that.

Tokeism

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Tokeism
Member since 2006 • 2365 Posts

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West both got a PC port many years after there initial console release

dethtrain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 dethtrain
Member since 2004 • 570 Posts

There are a couple of Ys games out on steam. Never played them on any consoles. Ys Origin was enjoyable