Any Info Source which Shows Regional Player Data for Any Game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Gelugon_baat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 656

User Lists: 4

#1 Gelugon_baat
Member since 2003 • 24247 Posts

So... recently, I have activated a Steam key that I had from a Humble Bundle for Natural Selection 2, a multiplayer-centric game that is already a few years old.

This game still has a following, specifically in Europe and North America. The problem though, is that I live in neither region, so I was joining sessions with obviously high ping rates.

I don't want to talk about how frustrating and embarrassing an experience that was, and I believe that some of you who are reading this know this all too well.

My mistake here is that I had not studied about the regions in which this multiplayer-centric game is still being played before making the mistake of learning this the hard way, so this is an unpleasantness that I deserve. So, I am going to learn about how to check for this information lest I make this same mistake again.

However, I tried to look for sources of info which describes the nationalities of the player base for a game. The game may be on Steam, but Steam's official info does not include this data.

The closest source which I have found is SteamSpy, but Sergey Galyonkin's site requires a registered account to check the number of players by geography, for whatever reason.

Is there any other alternative?