3 Games you think everyone should experience?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NIkoscho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

User Lists: 0

#51 NIkoscho
Member since 2007 • 459 Posts

Shadow of The Colossus - lifetime experience

Symphony of the night - Unique Atmosphere
Fatal Frame - A real horror
It's not a greatest game , but a memorable experience.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#52 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Super Mario Bros 3

Tetris

Resident Evil 4

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#53 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

as for your number 3 they should get the wii or gc version those are the definitive versions of re 1

but heres my 3

1-super mariobros /duckhunt

2 goldeneye007-do this before playing halo cause ge was the one that really made fpses popular for consoles

3 ---- hard but gotta say ---zombies ate my nieghbors before any resident evil this is as close to survival your gonna get on the snes

Pegalamp

Golden Eye did NOT make FPS games POPULAR on consoles, outside the N64 especially. It was mentioned, Perfect Dark came out from it, but no FPS game plays anything like it (timesplitters is an exception.) and pretty much Halo is the games that lit the spark.

Where were you in 1997? Goldeneye definetly was popular. I don't know how many people's house I'd go over to and we'd all play Goldeneye. I knew plenty of people that owned an N64 and ONLY Goldeneye for this exact reason. Goldeneye was a phenomenon in gaming. The only reason it didn't go to other consoles was because it was made by Rare, who at the time worked for Nintendo exclusively so they couldn't make it on other consoles. It's critically acclaimed. It's fan-loved. It's got some of the highest ratings a game can possibly get from tons of gaming websites and video game magazines. Anyone who gamed in that era has played Goldeneye.

Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#54 Pegalamp
Member since 2011 • 600 Posts
[QUOTE="Emerald_Warrior"]

[QUOTE="Pegalamp"][QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

as for your number 3 they should get the wii or gc version those are the definitive versions of re 1

but heres my 3

1-super mariobros /duckhunt

2 goldeneye007-do this before playing halo cause ge was the one that really made fpses popular for consoles

3 ---- hard but gotta say ---zombies ate my nieghbors before any resident evil this is as close to survival your gonna get on the snes

Golden Eye did NOT make FPS games POPULAR on consoles, outside the N64 especially. It was mentioned, Perfect Dark came out from it, but no FPS game plays anything like it (timesplitters is an exception.) and pretty much Halo is the games that lit the spark.

Where were you in 1997? Goldeneye definetly was popular. I don't know how many people's house I'd go over to and we'd all play Goldeneye. I knew plenty of people that owned an N64 and ONLY Goldeneye for this exact reason. Goldeneye was a phenomenon in gaming. The only reason it didn't go to other consoles was because it was made by Rare, who at the time worked for Nintendo exclusively so they couldn't make it on other consoles. It's critically acclaimed. It's fan-loved. It's got some of the highest ratings a game can possibly get from tons of gaming websites and video game magazines. Anyone who gamed in that era has played Goldeneye.

100 vs. 33 million and you said ANYONE at the era played goldeneye? Yes, I played it but I highly doubt as many people as you are implying(exaggerating) have played it. Goldeneye was popular, but it did not make FPS games popular to the extent of Halo did. Goldeneye, is often considered worse than Perfect Dark anyway, which still had not made much of an influence outside the system. Goldeneye was a entertaining game, but even though it worked on the N64 the controls were still horrible, and nobody actually made games that were influenced by it (Time splitters and a few are exceptions)
xdeathpandax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#55 xdeathpandax
Member since 2010 • 170 Posts

Chrono Trigger

Grim Fandango

Zelda - Majora's Mask

KamikazeDonut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 137

User Lists: 1

#56 KamikazeDonut
Member since 2008 • 3016 Posts

1. Shadow of the Colossus

2. Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

3. Super Mario Bros.

eric0626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 eric0626
Member since 2004 • 51 Posts
  1. Legend of Zelda- Link to the Past
  2. Super Metroid
  3. Street Fighter 2- Championship Edition
TheStickMafia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#58 TheStickMafia
Member since 2011 • 868 Posts

Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 4 (PS2)

Final Fantasy Tactics (PS1)

Final Fantasy 9 (PS1)

All have a good story. SMT: P4 has good anime.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#59 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

Difficult to pick just 3... so I picked 10. Some for being all time classics, some for being incredibly unique and some for just being incredibly fun to play. Also they don't require previous games in the series to be fully enjoyed.

Metal Gear Solid

Resident Evil 4

Super Mario 64

Sonic 2

GTA: San Andreas

Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee

LittleBigPlanet 2

Okami

Ico

Demon's Souls

svaubel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 133

#60 svaubel
Member since 2005 • 4571 Posts

I'd have to say...

1. Okami- one of the best games ever on the Playstation 2. It has gorgious graphics and looks like a watercolor painting in motion. It is full of japanese themes and symbology, and the soundtrack is masteful. It is also a surprisingly long game with good replay value.

2. Super Mario World (SNES) or SMB 3 (NES)- Both games are the pinnacle of platforming for their respective consoles and share the title of the best mario game of all time.

3. Zelda: Link to the Past (SNES)- Another of this consoles great games. To me, Z:LTP is the best Zelda ever. Its graphcis were great, and a long quest that spanned two worlds unfolded into a long adventure.

3dfd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#61 3dfd
Member since 2008 • 767 Posts

I have8 that I think everyone should play

GTA San Andreas - spent thousands of hours playing

The 360/PS3 COD games - best online experience possibly ever

Super Mario Galaxy 2 - first, theres 120 stars. Collect em all, you need to collect 120 more stars then theres even more!!\

Mortal Kombat Armagedon - tons of fun!

Super Mario Bros 3 for GBA - Same as the NES one but better graphics

Super Scribblenauts - an extremely fun and uniquegame everyone can enjoy

Halo 3 - Just undeniably fun.

Bully - no one should miss this hilarious game in a unique setting

Resident Evil 4 - Its fun and great considering it is a game cube game

Legend of Zelda: Ocinaria of Time - great fights, puzzlee... a great variety of gamepaly

RUNNER UPS: Uncharted 2, Gears of War 2, Urban Champion for NES, Metal Gear Solid 2 Sons of Liberty, Red Dead Redemption

22Toothpicks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 22Toothpicks
Member since 2005 • 12546 Posts
Final Fantasy Tactics (best game ever), Shenmue and Super Mario Bros.
neildneil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#63 neildneil
Member since 2007 • 594 Posts

Ocarina of Time

Super Mario Galaxy

Metroid Prime

Minarvia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 Minarvia
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Super Mario World, yes it was a lauch title for the SNES, but it had one thing that Super Mario Bros 3 the NES version didn't, a save feature.

Star Fox on the SNES, if this game got mention I am sorry, but this game should be mention for me it was first 3D game that I every played and was showing us where games were heading to.

Final Fanstay VII, that game blew me away with the fact that it had at that time high quaility movie footage in a game. It is the only Final Fanstay game that I have 100% without looking up stuff or using a guide to do so.

TheKungFool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#65 TheKungFool
Member since 2006 • 5384 Posts

CastleVania III: Dracula's Curse

Panzer Dragoon Saga

Lunar Silver Star Story