3 Games you think everyone should experience?

• 65 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for bleedvideogames
bleedvideogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bleedvideogames
Member since 2010 • 742 Posts

Any game from any system any year, from The Odyssey to PS3. this is personal prefference so should see alot of dif games. narrowing it down to 3 is hard but makes you think harder.

No particular order

1. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) - duh i know, this game was the standard for platform gaming, its bacially a near perfect game

2. Batman Arkham Asslyum (PS3) - I think by far the best super hero game ever made, looks and plays amazing, so much to do, one of my favorite games of all time

3. Resident Evil 1 (Saturn/PS1) - The origin of survival horror and of the RE series, great game great puzzles and scarry as hell

planetjumper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 planetjumper
Member since 2010 • 638 Posts

ICO-more than just an action/adventure game

System Shock 2

Diablo 2-Sucks you in

Honorable Mentions: Shadow of the Colossus, Grim Fandango, MGS3, FFX, GTA:VC, Timesplitters 2, SSX tricky, RE:CV, Dark Cloud

Mr-Espresso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mr-Espresso
Member since 2011 • 372 Posts

1. Metal Gear Solid - One of the greatest games that has ever been built. The story, Gameplay, AI and everything just seemed to be revolutionary.

2. Final Fantasy X - In my opinion the best FF ever made, was one of those games you just couldn't put down.

3. Silent Hill - One of the creepest games that has ever been made, one of the best Survival Horrors in history.

Other mentions: Half-Life 2, Bioshock, Uncharted 2, Metroid Prime, Resident Evil 1 & 2, Jet Grind Radio, Crash Bandicoot and Shenmue 2.

Ashley_wwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Ashley_wwe
Member since 2003 • 13412 Posts
This is tough, but as you say it does make you think harder :). 1. Metal Gear Solid (PlayStation) - As Mr-Espresso said, it is one of the greatest games of all time. Everything about it is just MINT :). Definately, definately should be a game that everybody experiences at some point. 2. Resident Evil 2 (PlayStation) - It is scary, creepy, at times confusing and a whole lot of fun. It is also another one of the greatest (in my opinion) video games ever made. Absolutely amazing game. 3. Tomb Raider II (PlayStation) - As always, it was tough choosing between this and the original... but as always (as far as my memory serves me), I choose the second instalment yet again. Just take everything that I said about Resident Evil 2 and place it here, except make "at times confusing" to "at a LOT of times confusing"... although, to be honest, when I re-played it once again a few months ago, I found it really easy... but I did grow up with the game and play it a LOT, to be fair :). Oh, and they don't have to necessarily be have to played on the PlayStation, but that is the console that I played all of these 3 on first and they are, to me, the perfect versions :).
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

Castlevania 4: 2D action-platform gameplay at it's finest

Ocarina Of Time: One of the most consistent 3D puzzle/adventure games ever made

Pacman: Pure gameplay at it's finest

Shenmue_Jehuty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Shenmue_Jehuty
Member since 2007 • 5211 Posts

Final Fantasy VII

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Super Mario 64

lazyathew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 lazyathew
Member since 2007 • 3748 Posts

Games I think every gamer should play? Jee that's tough to find even 3. Since just because I love a game doesn't mean everyone would even like that genre. But there aresome games that come to mind.

Super Mario Bros. on the NES. The most revolutionary game of all time. It saved gaming in America. So this is something every gamer should at least experience.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time comes to mind as well. Not nearly as important as Super Mario Bros. but it was pretty revolutionary as well for 3D gaming. And its cool to see where many of the most common 3D gaming trends started. Like the targeting system.

And with all the craze for First Person Shooters lately. Perhaps people should go back and check out Goldeneye for N64. See the game that showed people how to make an FPS for a console. The controls may seem primitive today. Modern FPS fans may have a hard time playing it for very long. But it's still a classic worth checking out if you get the chance.

bleedvideogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bleedvideogames

Games I think every gamer should play? Jee that's tough to find even 3. Since just because I love a game doesn't mean everyone would even like that genre. But there aresome games that come to mind.

Super Mario Bros. on the NES. The most revolutionary game of all time. It saved gaming in America. So this is something every gamer should at least experience.

Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time comes to mind as well. Not nearly as important as Super Mario Bros. but it was pretty revolutionary as well for 3D gaming. And its cool to see where many of the most common 3D gaming trends started. Like the targeting system.

And with all the craze for First Person Shooters lately. Perhaps people should go back and check out Goldeneye for N64. See the game that showed people how to make an FPS for a console. The controls may seem primitive today. Modern FPS fans may have a hard time playing it for very long. But it's still a classic worth checking out if you get the chance.

lazyathew

theres games i love that not everyone else would like or need to play. the games on my list rnt my top 3 faves but certainly in my fave games list. SMB3, Batman AA and RE1 are just 3 awesome game experiences i think people should, well experience lol. theres so many games that could make this list thats y its really hard to narrow it down to just 3

jonno10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 jonno10
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts

Final Fantasy VII

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Super Mario 64

Shenmue_Jehuty

this

oh and maybe shenmue =P

bigM10231

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#10 bigM10231
Member since 2008 • 11240 Posts

favorite games i recomend

gta san andreas.

super mario 64.

zelda oot.

other games i recomend

Gran Turismo 2

Pokemon silver

Timesplitters 2/3

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#11 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

3 games everyone should experience

1. Super Mario All-Stars + Super Mario World (SNES)

2. Final Fantasy III (SNES)

3. Super Metroid (SNES)

Ginga4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 Ginga4life
Member since 2010 • 45 Posts

Half Life 2

Super metroid

Chrono trigger

Avatar image for Emerald_Warrior
Emerald_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#13 Emerald_Warrior
Member since 2008 • 6581 Posts
  1. Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World - Either game you choose, it's the pinnacle of 2D platforming. If you can't enjoy these games, I have to question your status as a gamer.

Super Mario Bros. 3Super Mario World

2. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion - Anyone who enjoys RPGs, action-RPGs, Dungeon-Crawlers, or R.A. Salvatore/J.R. Tolkein type games or influences NEEDS TO PLAY THIS GAME! It has to be the greatest RPG, nay, the greatest game I've ever played. I have sunk countless hours into this game.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion: Game of the Year Edition

3. Resident Evil 2 - When I played this game for the first time, it was the greatest cinematic-horror game I had ever played and made deep imprint in my gaming history. Awesome story, awesome creatures, great graphics for the time (and there are graphically superior Dreamcast and Gamecube versions), and just a great experience.

Resident Evil 2
benleslie5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 557

#14 benleslie5  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 9175 Posts
  • Sonic 1
  • Final Fantasy VII or IX
  • Persona 4
halo2_4_pc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 halo2_4_pc
Member since 2005 • 1561 Posts

I don't think that it could really be narrowed down to 3 games. There are too many genres to cover. So I picked my Top 10. And yes, even though most of these aren't on Legacy Platforms, most of them have earlier games on Legacy Platforms:

Pokemon Heart Gold/Soul Silver (DS) - I know most people love the original Red and Blue, but I believe this is the definitive Pokemon game.

Bioshock (PC/360/PS3) - The best single player campaign you can get. Great atmosphere, interesting plot, and amazing gameplay.

Street Fighter IV (PC/PS3/360) - Fighting games at their finest.

Starcraft II (PC) - The perfect RTS. Also now the fastest growing eSport.

Team Fortress 2 (PC) - If you want to play a shooter online, this is the one to play. Considering now that it's free, there's no reason not to try it.

League of Legends (PC) - Great MOBA (aka DoTA) styled game. I've personally spend so much time playing this game with friends it's rediculous. Considering its free price tag, it's simply incredible.

Mario Kart Wii (Wii) - Who doesn't like Mario Kart? I used to play MK64 all the time with friends, but MKW is definitely the best in the series.

Super Smash Bros. Brawl (Wii) - Just a fun game to play with friends.

Super Mario World (SNES) - My favorite Mario game and my favorite platformer.

Chrono Trigger (SNES) - Absolutely great RPG. Everyone should play through this game once.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

Metroid Prime-Mind blowing awesomeness!:D

Shadow of the Colossus-Some of the best boss battles in a video game.

The Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time-A masterpiece :).

GeoffZak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 GeoffZak
Member since 2007 • 3715 Posts

1. Shadow of the Colossus: If you own a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3, you need to own this game. Shadow of the Colossus is a work of art, it's a masterpiece, I've never played anything like it. If you're PS3 isn't backwards compatible, then buy the Ico Collection.

2. Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Symphonia: To anyone who dislikes JRPGs, you haven't played a Tales game. Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia are the two best. "A fast paced battle system that keeps you on your toes." The battle system used in the Tales games is extremely fun.

3. NBA Jam: To anyone who dislikes sports game, you haven't played NBA Jam. I remember when I used to think sports video games were boring, then I played NBA Jam. Anyone can get into that game, so much fun, just in general, not just for sports fans.

bleedvideogames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 bleedvideogames

1. Shadow of the Colossus: If you own a PS2 or a backwards compatible PS3, you need to own this game. Shadow of the Colossus is a work of art, it's a masterpiece, I've never played anything like it. If you're PS3 isn't backwards compatible, then buy the Ico Collection.

2. Tales of the Abyss or Tales of Symphonia: To anyone who dislikes JRPGs, you haven't played a Tales game. Tales of the Abyss and Tales of Symphonia are the two best. "A fast paced battle system that keeps you on your toes." The battle system used in the Tales games is extremely fun.

3. NBA Jam: To anyone who dislikes sports game, you haven't played NBA Jam. I remember when I used to think sports video games were boring, then I played NBA Jam. Anyone can get into that game, so much fun, just in general, not just for sports fans.

GeoffZak

i still remember paying $70 for NBA Jam (SNES)

CellAnimation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 CellAnimation
Member since 2007 • 6116 Posts
Radiant Silvergun Ikaruga Colossal Cave Adventure
singtim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 singtim
Member since 2011 • 38 Posts
1. Super Mario World 2. Grand Theft Auto 3 onwards 3. Metal Gear Solid there are other games i love like zelda oot/ww, FF or oblivion but went for games that would appeal to a wider crowd and casual gamers
The_Wild_Tiger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 The_Wild_Tiger
Member since 2006 • 1712 Posts

Zelda Ocarina of Time (N64)

Chrono Trigger (SNES)

Mega Man X3 (SNES)

lordoftheleft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lordoftheleft
Member since 2011 • 151 Posts

Kirby's Adventure nes

Blood dos

Metal Gear Solid ps1

JogsterXL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 JogsterXL
Member since 2010 • 298 Posts
Metal Gear Solid (PS1) Storytelling at it's finest. Super Mario Bros. 3 (NES) IMO the best sidescrolling platform game ever made. Red Dead Redemption (PS3/360) Greatest western with loads of stuff to do.
MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

Metroid Prime - I hate you, Omega Pirate!!! To this day, I stab at thee!!!

Metal Gear Solid - Splinter Cell? What's Splinter Cell? I'll give you Stealth Action...

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem - Lovecraft would be proud of this madness.

AND -

"Beyond Good & Evil" - Fantastic perfect action/ adventure without an ounce of fat. Hadda throw this in there, just needs to be said. If you missed it, go FIND it! NOW!!!

hurriflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#25 hurriflash
Member since 2008 • 645 Posts

I would say the three games that i consider the best of the best of my private collection that are

REmake,

SMB3,

ICO

pataponplayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#26 pataponplayer
Member since 2009 • 1410 Posts

Banjo Kazooie & Tooie

Conker's Bad Fur Day

Super Mario Bros. 3

AwesomeKenny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 AwesomeKenny
Member since 2010 • 375 Posts
1) Super Mario World 2) The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past 3) Sonic the Hedgehog 2 :D
GamerNerdTalk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

User Lists: 1

#28 GamerNerdTalk
Member since 2011 • 341 Posts
3. Sonic Adventure- A 3D Sonic game done right (Dreamcast version doesnt really have bugs) 2. Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean- this game is addctive and sucks you right in. 1. Shadow of the Colossus- this game changed the way I play games today Honorable metions, Shenmue, Metroid Prime, Super Mario Bros. 3, Final Fantasy X and VII, and Elder Scrolls III or IV
GameBoi92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 GameBoi92
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
1) Zelda OOT 2) Metroid Prime 3) Donkey Kong Country 2
BuryMe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 104

#30 BuryMe
Member since 2004 • 22017 Posts

I can't think of a single one.

Every one has different taste in games, and there's no single game that every one will enjoy.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#31 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

as for your number 3 they should get the wii or gc version those are the definitive versions of re 1

but heres my 3

1-super mariobros /duckhunt

2 goldeneye007-do this before playing halo cause ge was the one that really made fpses popular for consoles

3 ---- hard but gotta say ---zombies ate my nieghbors before any resident evil this is as close to survival your gonna get on the snes

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

#32 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts
[QUOTE="GameBoi92"]1) Zelda OOT( 3ds?) im sure many played that game one way or another lol 2) Metroid Prime 3) Donkey Kong Country 2

SammaySarkar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 SammaySarkar
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
LoZ Majora's Mask. GTA San Andreas (pc). Metal Gear Solid 1+2.Accounts for nearly half a year of my lifetime.
Avatar image for WSGRandomPerson
WSGRandomPerson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#34 WSGRandomPerson
Member since 2007 • 13697 Posts
1. Shinning Force II 2. Final Fantasy IV 3. Suikoden
bultje112

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 bultje112
Member since 2005 • 1868 Posts

shenmue (2)

snatcher

panzer dragoon saga

3 best game ever made by far and imo except maybe panzer saga very accesible to regular gamers. pds has very complex story, but also the best

Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Pegalamp
Member since 2011 • 600 Posts
["Any game from any system any year, from The Odyssey to PS3. this is personal prefference so should see alot of dif games. narrowing it down to 3 is hard but makes you think harder. No particular order 1. Super Mario Bros 3 (NES) - duh i know, this game was the standard for platform gaming, its bacially a near perfect game 2. Batman Arkham Asslyum (PS3) - I think by far the best super hero game ever made, looks and plays amazing, so much to do, one of my favorite games of all time 3. Resident Evil 1 (Saturn/PS1) - The origin of survival horror and of the RE series, great game great puzzles and scarry as hell" Taking the popularity of Mario out you do realize games Like Megaman and others were greatly superior to SMB3? Evades. It is not the origin of survival horror.
Pegalamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Pegalamp
Member since 2011 • 600 Posts
[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

as for your number 3 they should get the wii or gc version those are the definitive versions of re 1

but heres my 3

2 goldeneye007-do this before playing halo cause ge was the one that really made fpses popular for consoles

3 ---- hard but gotta say ---zombies ate my nieghbors before any resident evil this is as close to survival your gonna get on the snes

Golden Eye did NOT make FPS games POPULAR on consoles, outside the N64 especially. It was mentioned, Perfect Dark came out from it, but no FPS game plays anything like it (timesplitters is an exception.) and pretty much Halo is the games that lit the spark.
sayyy-gaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 sayyy-gaa
Member since 2002 • 5850 Posts

mgs-gameplay cinema at its absolute finest. All must play this.

SMB3-it's already been said in this thread. Platforming gold. Don't say u don't like platformers unless you've played this game.

SFIII:3s-2d fighting bliss...absolute bliss. A masterpiece.

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#39 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

Now that's a tough question.

1. Mat Mania. Old arcade wrestling game from 1985. With just two buttons you can pull off all kinds of moves. With the exception of Def Jam Vendetta, the best wrestling game I've ever played. Goes to show that even a 26 year old game can be better than a new game, in particular WWE vs Smackdown 2011.

2. Battlefield 1942 on the PC. Open world, every vehicle at your command. Battlefield 1943 on the PS3 is still fun but 1942 had more and hasn't been topped in my mind.

3. Tetris, preferably the Spectrum Holobyte version on the PC. Simple, addictive, zen like experience.

Armoured_Mage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Armoured_Mage
Member since 2005 • 766 Posts

metal gear solid.

timesplitters 2.

dynasty warriors 4.

i love mgs but im surprised at the amount of people putting it down.

Zensword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Zensword
Member since 2007 • 4510 Posts

1.Ninja Gaiden Black (Xbox)

2.Resident Evil 4

3.God of War 2

superfluidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 superfluidity
Member since 2010 • 2163 Posts

TES III: Morrowind

Final Fantasy VII

Chrono Trigger

bub166

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 bub166
Member since 2006 • 2607 Posts

1: Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest

2: Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time

3: Mother 3

Honorable Mentrions: Earthbound, Pokemon (come on, at some point in your life atleast), Oblivion, any Mario game

I should say that they aren't in any order, and in fact I only just got the first two. They are purely amazing, and I'm angry at myself for waiting so long to get them. Mother 3, on the other hand, is an awesome experience, and it is more than unfair that you can only play it illegally anywhere except for Japan. Nintendo NEEDS to give us some chance to play the game, for there is no excuse for someone to not play the game if they have a chance to.

Kevz0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Kevz0
Member since 2010 • 550 Posts

Planescape: Torment

Xenogears

Diablo 2

Allicrombie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#45 Allicrombie
Member since 2005 • 26223 Posts

Probably:

Morrowind

Shadow of the Colossus

Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

CBR600-RR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CBR600-RR
Member since 2008 • 9695 Posts

Super Ghouls and Ghosts.

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#47 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

Zelda Ocarina of Time

Super Mario Bros: If you haven't played this game you shouldn't call yourself a gamer

Metal Gear Solid

DylanRobles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 DylanRobles
Member since 2009 • 52 Posts

Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (Xbox - Live?)

Hunter: The Reckoning (Xbox/Gamecube)

Mass Effect (Xbox 360)

Matthew-first

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Matthew-first
Member since 2005 • 3318 Posts

Baldurs Gate 1
Metal Gear Solid 1
Crash Bandicoot series 123. :)
TEKKEN 2 and 3

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

[QUOTE="mariokart64fan"]

but heres my 3

Pegalamp

Golden Eye did NOT make FPS games POPULAR on consoles, outside the N64 especially. It was mentioned, Perfect Dark came out from it, but no FPS game plays anything like it (timesplitters is an exception.) and pretty much Halo is the games that lit the spark.

You are referring to console gaming exclusively, correct?