3 games you started and couldn't finish.

• 87 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mstc_Q
Member since 2007 • 1901 Posts

List 3 games you started and couldn't finish, and why.

Mine are:

Legend of Zelda: Windwaker - I know this game recieved a lot of praise, including from a lot of people whose opinions I respect, but it was too slow for me. I got to the island town just after you get your boat, and I got sick of wandering and talking to people; I just wanted to get to the next dungeon to fight some baddies and solve some puzzles. I know that NPC interaction adds depth to a game; but in this case it just killed it for me.

Kingdom Hearts 2 - Shortly after I got Sora's new clothes I got so bored I shelved the game and haven't touched it since. It was too easy; and I started it on Hard Mode. Not to mention Goofy and Donald's AIs hadn't improved much from the first game. IW asn't about to go through the manditory dealing with them all over again. I might have gotten an hour or two further into the game before I gave up if you could turn those two off.

Star Ocean: Till the End of Time - It's got cool graphics, but the battle AI, again, was just too irritating that when I figured out what the cliche plot was it just wasn't worth it for me to play the game anymore. Nothing makes me sicker than a battle system that favors the tank characters because the casters are too stupid to keep thier distance from the enemies. There were a couple of other reasons that did me in on this game too - but I won't list them all. I figured after I discovered the main plot point, I could probably predict the rest of the plot - if I really cared at this point.

This is all of course my opinion, but I don't think I could reccomend any of these games to my friends.

Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

There are many games I didn't finish, but once in a while there is a game I really, really wanted to finish and hated to be bored of. One of the more prominent are:

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time

For a person who hasn't played it when it was released, this game offered nothing really enjoyable.

Bioshock

I tried to like it really hard, and story and art direction were really awesome, but not awesome enough to keep me motivated through the tedious battles, lame puzzles and backtracking.

Metroid Prime

Three Words: Backtracking, Reappearing enemies.

joshi1s3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 joshi1s3
Member since 2006 • 2550 Posts

Half life ps2: Boredom. This game just felt boring and overhyped.

Jak 2; Couldn't keep with it. It was to easy and didn't callenge me enough.

Ratchet and clank 3; Felt like i was playing the last two again. So bored of it

I hate starting a game and not finishing it. Its just a waste of monet TBH.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mstc_Q

I think it's a waste of money too. The nice thing about actually owning the game though is that if you got it used in the first place, you can usually sell it for around what you purchased it for if you're willing to do it on E-Bay.

Actually, I bought Grandia Xtreme when it first came out new, beat it, decided I'll never go through that crap again, and ended up selling it for maybe $3 less than what I originally paid for it.

I got lucky in that instance though, I think.

-INKling-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 -INKling-
Member since 2007 • 4237 Posts
For me it was:-

FFXII - I just lost interest. I thought the game was great and loved the combat system and license board but my enthusiasm just dried up (same with Fable and FFVIII)

Devil May Cry - There's difficult and there's unfair. Getting blasted by off-screen enemies is infuriating enough but combine that with badly spaced save points and you have a recipe for controller destruction. That big bird fight on the boat almost killed me

Battletoads - Rock. Hard. But I got to the last level once and that makes me super proud.
kfjl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 kfjl
Member since 2004 • 2469 Posts

F-Zero GX: Difficulty, didn't like it enough to put in the time I knew would be required to beat it

Kingdom Hearts II: More/less the same reasons you list; hated the gameplay and wasn't into the story, and just got to a certain point and said enough's enough

System Shock 2: I have three computers and it won't run properly on any of them dammit. On the best one it gets to a certain point and crashes :(

valttu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 valttu
Member since 2007 • 1420 Posts

Half life ps2: Boredom. This game just felt boring and overhyped.

Jak 2; Couldn't keep with it. It was to easy and didn't callenge me enough.

Ratchet and clank 3; Felt like i was playing the last two again. So bored of it

I hate starting a game and not finishing it. Its just a waste of monet TBH.

joshi1s3

Yeah dude Half Life 1... That game sucked, and it felt like it would never end. I never finished it either. :P
3KindgomsRandy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 3KindgomsRandy
Member since 2005 • 15488 Posts

Magna Carta: No, I'm not sure why I bothered to ever start it.

Dragon Quest VIII: So plodding....just not my kind of RPG.

Icewind Dale 2: So many frustrating crashes, I just gave up.

Blaze787

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Blaze787
Member since 2007 • 535 Posts

Three games? I can list ten. Anyway, three that come immediately to mind are...

1.) Metroid Prime

As a poster above mentioned, didn't care for the backtracking and re-appearing enemies. As well, the game was tough.

2.) Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker

I call this game Metroid Prime Lite. It's easier and more whimsical than MP, but eventually, I just lost interest.

3.) Viewtiful Joe

I know it received great reviews, but past the first level, I just didn't like it. Period.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 mstc_Q

Dragon Quest VIII: So plodding....just not my kind of RPG.

3KindgomsRandy

I couldn't get past the first town. Fetching an orb for some fortune teller is really really lame. It's not a good way to start an RPG that's supposed to be epic by putting you into menial tasks.

Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts

Final Fantasy XII--I was actually able to play through X-2 and really enjoy it...but unfortunately I couldn't stand the new battle system. I'll have to try and pick it up again to see if anythings changed though.

Oblivion--zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz...not to mention the constant hiccups during gameplay.

Cliffhanger--I had this game on Sega CD and I could never get past the stupid snowboarding levels. Honestly, I don't see Sly snowboarding. I have a special place in the dark recesses of my heart for this game...

Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

Devil May Cry - I finished DMC3 without a problem and really enjoyed the thing, but when I went to play the original game I just couldn't get into it. I just couldn't adjust to the slower pace of its gameplay after the fast paced mayhem of the third game.

Jak II - I just got to a point where I got fed up with it. I really can't stand mission based games anymore. I prefer games to be more like movies in that sense. I prefer it when there is just one linear plot with lots of big set pieces than lots of small mediocre tasks.

Hitman: Blood Money - Too much trial and error to being stealthy. If you don't do everything the way the game wants you to then you get caught most of the time. I normally don't mind stealth games but I lacked the patience for this.

gamingqueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 2

#13 gamingqueen
Member since 2004 • 31076 Posts

Assassin's Creed: Oh boy... When I thought the storyline is going to have political projections...the story was ok but it wasn't as good as I expected. Anyways, the game-play what killed it for me. It was repetitve, lacked fun factor, boring timed moves in combat, no use of stealth tricks besides the hay and the box and no cut-scene with motion capturing.

FFXII: I stopped playing by the time I got to the dungeon with the nethicite... The storyline was boring and unengaing.

Forbidden Siren: Stealth meets horror or real tim survival horror as some like to call it sounds appealing but when you actually get to play it, it's fun at all.

mstc_Q

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 mstc_Q

Devil May Cry - I finished DMC3 without a problem and really enjoyed the thing, but when I went to play the original game I just couldn't get into it. I just couldn't adjust to the slower pace of its gameplay after the fast paced mayhem of the third game.

Silent-Hal

That's funny because there are people who swear up and down that DMC is the ONLY good game in the series.

I like DMC games, but they get old fast, like as fast as you beat the last boss. For some reason I could play Resident Evil 4 over and over again, but I get bored of DMC levels after the first time I played them.

That said, I think I liked the 3rd one the most - the on-the-fly weapon switching system was pretty cool. With some tweaks, they could make an even more awesome game using some of the ideas they developed in that particular instalment of the franchise.

In speaking of which; I wasn't too surprised that DMC4 got an 8/10 as opposed to something more like its predecessors (Ignoring the second one.) When I saw the videos, I immediately thought "This game doesn't seem to introduce anything new, and it's going to have all the same gripes the old game had." From what I've read, it looks like I was right.

I like this guy's review of the thing. I haven't played the game, but I find it pretty freaking funny just from having played the first and third ones. (WARNING: Vulgar language and crude jokes, click at your own risk!)
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/editorials/zeropunctuation/3001-Zero-Punctuation-Devil-May-Cry-4

DMC is going the way of all Capcom games. They sell what was popular over and over again, and when people stop buying the old formula, the revamp it into something else - like Resident Evil 4 or Megaman Zero.

Drogg06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Drogg06
Member since 2008 • 60 Posts

The Legend of Zelda: Majoras Mask - Just couldnt get into this one. Personally found it to be quite tough and the time constraint constantly over your head didnt help. I like to take my time with games, hate being felt like im being pushed along at a fast pace. I could have used a guide and beaten it, but that sort of defeats the point.

Resident Evil 4: Not my type of game at all. Bought it because it received rave reviews and heard from everyone I talked to that it was great. Im absolutely terrible at it first off (which is probably why I couldnt get into it) Could never get my hands around the controls (for the gamecube version) The yellow analog nub sucks for aiming imo. Dont like the slow pace or the lumbering feel of combat. A lot of other things I wont mention as well.

Metroid Prime - Absolutely hated it, made it maybe a few levels in before retiring it to the shelf and never touching it again. Luckily I bought it used so it was dirt cheap. Not what I expected, and definately not my type of game. Probably play too many action run n gun FPS's, so my sensibilities are skewed.

L33Tanimator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 L33Tanimator
Member since 2003 • 50 Posts

Earthbound- I realized I don't care much for RPGs.

Mario and Sonic at the Olimpic Games - The controls are bad and the scoring stunk.

WoW - Thank goodness, I quited.

Halo - Not for me.

Final Fantasy 9 - Got boring. Then friends shows me the ending.

summer_star17x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#17 summer_star17x
Member since 2007 • 2683 Posts
quite probably all of my games in my collection lol.
the only ones i have finished are God of War, FFX, and Hitman Blood money.
ones I would like to finish: Tales of Symphonia, Devil May Cry, and Pikmin
markebici

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 markebici
Member since 2005 • 781 Posts

Earthbound- I realized I don't care much for RPGs.

Mario and Sonic at the Olimpic Games - The controls are bad and the scoring stunk.

WoW - Thank goodness, I quited.

Halo - Not for me.

Final Fantasy 9 - Got boring. Then friends shows me the ending.

L33Tanimator

i dont think anyones finished wow yet.

Lothenon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Lothenon
Member since 2003 • 1177 Posts

Ooh, I forgot about Devil May Cry and Final Fantasy XII.

Yup, DMC was boring AND frustrating at the same time and Final Fantasy XII.. well.

I spent over 60 hours with Final Fantasy XII. I realized most of this was running around and fighting. I actually had a lot of fun battling enemies in FFXII. But the meh-story and the underwhelming backgrounds / mmorpg-areas (tbh, VII, VIII and IX blow XII away in terms of believable, living, atmospheric world) made me just stop playing the game at one point when I realized that at 60 hours(!) I had beat(!) every other Final Fantasy, yet this one didn't even have much of a story at that point. I will sell it, and it will probably join X-2, XI and XIII as the Final Fantasies I don't regret not beating.

Which is sad, as it was such an ambitioned project with lots of potential.

Also, GTA 2 and 3 and all that followed.

zoradude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 zoradude
Member since 2004 • 1073 Posts

I can only think of 2 modern games.

Metroid Prime: Hunters - Maybe I missed something, maybe I didn't, but I have no idea at all as to where to go in this game. I essentially restart it everytime I go to seriously play it but I quit from frustration of no idea what is going on. Some people claim the game is really liner, and I can't really judge that. Maybe it would be linear if I could find the starting point but I just seem to wander around with no real goal in mind... Not sure if I will ever finish this one.

Baten Kaitos - Love the game really, a nice twist to classic turn based fighting that keeps you on your toes during a battle, wonderful graphics/art style, the only thing it really lacks for me is the horrid voice acting (trust me NES games have done better). I made it to the final dungeon or so but stopped playing it for some reason I can't remember. When I tried to pick it up again i really did not know what was going on in the story at all so I just deleted the file. I plan to go back sometime I replay the whole thing, possibly soon.

jacob2125

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jacob2125
Member since 2003 • 1003 Posts

Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy - Got bored with it. I'm not into running around collecting things.

Metroid Prime - "Hey, this hallway/room looks familiar. Oh, wait. That's cause I've been here twenty times." Got it cheap, though. Which is the only good thing I can say about it.

The Elder Scrolls III Morrowind - I never got very far on that game. I'd get a few hours into the game, get bored with it and not play it for a long time.

-DirtySanchez-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 -DirtySanchez-
Member since 2003 • 32760 Posts

Kingdom Hearts, made it to tarzan swingin/surfin over that long ass tree limb

Wild Arms 3, made it to some temple/dungeon where i had to hit a crystalwith the boomerang tool

Morrowind, just gave up on it

so many others aswell

nopalversion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nopalversion
Member since 2005 • 4757 Posts

Kingdom Hearts, I think I left it at a dragon boss, think it was sleeping beauty.

The Witcher - Too adolescent and clumsy by half, I still plan to return to this, however.

Lost Planet - I liked it well enough, but it just got swamped.

Ofc there's tons more, i just love hoarding games I know I don't have time to play. Those three were the first that came to mind.

fallconet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fallconet
Member since 2007 • 1014 Posts

1-burnout paradise: i just didn't get it!

2-tomb raider first title: the onlye omb raider i've played on ps1, it was horrible,so i dropped it

3-jaws:too hard for me.

silky_smooth8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 silky_smooth8
Member since 2003 • 3659 Posts

legacy of kain soul reaver: too many puzzles, got stuck at one

metroid prime 2: stopped playing, picked it up again, didn't remember what the hell to do

chrono chross: stopped playing, picked it up again, didn't remember wha tthe hell to do

5UPERMARIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#26 5UPERMARIO
Member since 2006 • 1204 Posts
The only one i can remember is the Tomb Raider Anniversary for XBOX 360. When I bought this game, I was so excited to play!!!....then after playing for about 3 hours...was soooooooooo bored out of my mind. :(
GodModeEnabled

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#27 GodModeEnabled
Member since 2005 • 15314 Posts
CrackDown Tomb Raider Legend CSI: Hard Evidence Twilight Princess Metroid Prime Corruption All of them just bored me and didnt engage me at all, sometimes if a game isnt good its just like a chore playing it. Not saying all these games are horrible, they were just boring for me personally. Thats all I can think of in the last couple of years though for ones I couldnt really stand playing.
5UPERMARIO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 53

#28 5UPERMARIO
Member since 2006 • 1204 Posts

I feel your boredom with most of the games you mentioned lol

CrackDown Tomb Raider Legend CSI: Hard Evidence Twilight Princess Metroid Prime Corruption All of them just bored me and didnt engage me at all, sometimes if a game isnt good its just like a chore playing it. Not saying all these games are horrible, they were just boring for me personally. Thats all I can think of in the last couple of years though for ones I couldnt really stand playing.GodModeEnabled

Kage1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Kage1
Member since 2003 • 6806 Posts

I never finished a Gran Turismo game.

I never finished a GTA game.

I never finished a Mario game.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts

Wind Waker: a friend borrowed it to me, I'm at the second time in Forsaken Fortress and I got incredibly bored of that game. It has been a waste of time for me.

Jungle Book for the SNES: It was very difficult for me when I was a kid playing it. I haven't tried it again, now that I have grown up a little bit more.

Sonic Adveture Battle 2: I started it and I didn't like it.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#31 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts

I could almost name game series' here. Final Fantasy, Zelda, and maybe GTA.

I've played but not finished GTA, GTA2, and GTA: San Andreas.

Similarly, the original Zelda, Zelda 2, Link to the Past, Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and The Phantom Hourglass (I have finished Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, and The Minish Cap).

And for Final Fantasy, I've got FFV, FFVIII, FF Tactics, FFIX, FFX, FFX-2, and FFXII. Only ones I have finished are six and seven. The others...I just get bored along the way.

Final Fantasy VIII I feel a bit guilty about, because I made it so close to the end. Same with ten.

viberooni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#32 viberooni
Member since 2003 • 1396 Posts

Dead Rising - I can't get past the very last area of the game, I need to restart and build up my character more but that seems like such a waste after getting this far already.

Metroid Prime - Enjoyed it but never finished it.

Warcraft III - Liked the storyline but I'm just not very good at RTS games. Would like to try this one again at some point.

Fick1122

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Fick1122
Member since 2006 • 2135 Posts

Mass Effect: the combat is so boring and repetitive that I can't get into it.

Final Fantasy XII: I got bored of it, not sure why.

Metroid Prime 3: For some reason I always get nauseous when I play this game and I just quit playing it all together.

tequilero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 1

#34 tequilero
Member since 2005 • 9333 Posts

Chrono Cross:Got bored of it;I just reach the part where the girl of the orange hair got sick and i stopped playing it.

Bayou Billy:That game is very hard,I never beat the first stage.

Castlevania 64:Never like this game.

Alaris83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 Alaris83
Member since 2004 • 1620 Posts

Some recently failed gaming attempts:

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes - This was my second time trying to get through this game only to have the spider ball boss kill my motivation to continue.

No More Heroes - I made it about halfway through this game and then suddenly lost all interest in it for no apparent reason. Wish the between mission segments were more compelling.

And one game I have yet to finish during any one of my multiple attempts:

Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magic Obscura - This is not a bad game, in fact, it is a good game. But for some reason I can never make it all the way to the end before I lose interest.

alienofwar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 alienofwar
Member since 2008 • 92 Posts

I can name a million games I couldn't finish either because I got distracted and bored or the game was too hard. But, thats reality of gaming.

Best thing to do is rent the darn thing.

Jbul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#37 Jbul
Member since 2007 • 4838 Posts

Unfortunately, my collection is filled with unfinished games. Maybe it's part of getting older, but I have no patience for games that don't impress me and hook me in from the start. But here are 3 I wish I would've, but probably never will.

Zelda: Twilight Pincess -My love for Zelda goes back 20 years. Unfortunately, this game is the part of the series where I lost interest. Although an amazing game in it's own right, it began to feel uninspired to me. The more than 5 year wait deserved a bigger step forward in the franchise, not simply a retread of many of Zeldas themes and gameplay. I put in about 15-20 hours, and never picked it up again.

Orange Box -Perhaps unfortunately, I haven't been a PC gamer since the days of Tie Fighter, and Sam & Max. Therefor, I missed out on all of these supposedly excellent games when they came out, and never played them in their various iterations on home consoles. I really tried to like these games, but I just wasn't very impressed. I can see how HL2 was a monument in videogame storytelling years ago, but today is today. The weapons, the gameplay, the shooting, the enemies, the graphics.... none of it was interesting to me. Except Portal... that game ****** rocked.

Okami -This is a game I've played off and on forever. Last time I left off, I was, I feel, %90 through the game. I believe Okami is absolutely beautiful - and a masterpiece in almost every way. Here's the bad news: Trying to go back and finish it recently, I found my memory card had died, and with it, my 35 hour investment in the game.

Avatar image for Dark_Assassin10
Dark_Assassin10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dark_Assassin10
Member since 2008 • 75 Posts

Legend Of Zelda: Majoras Mask

Silent Hill 4

and the new spyro game..i forgot what it was called but im too lazy to look.

Old_Gooseberry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 76

#39 Old_Gooseberry
Member since 2002 • 3958 Posts

Games I wish I had finished....

Final Fantasy 6 and 7, FFX-2, I got near the end, but quit on them.... not because I hated them, just because I didn't get back to them.

Jagged Alliance 2... i'm pissed I never finished the game, I get to the last few sectors of the game and usually quit because its so frustrating to play the messed up difficulty of that part of the game. I've played hundreds of hours, yet never finished the game all the way to the end, its odd.

Crusader No Remorse... savegame got messed up and I couldn't finish it.

kayn83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 kayn83
Member since 2004 • 2214 Posts

Grand Theft Auto: Vice City... I don't know if I beat it... I really don't remember.

Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas... got stuck at the plane training missions and gave up.

Spider-Man 3... it was really bad so I just gave up.

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts

Baten Kaitos-After the fight with the two dogs whose name escapes me at the present time, I just felt that the game had overstayed its welcome.

Oblivion-I got about 5 hours into the campaign and realized it was probably more interesting to kill people in their beds at night. I sold the game two days later.

Killer7-Repetition got the best of me.

ufopuller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#42 ufopuller
Member since 2004 • 6054 Posts

Sorry,
There was only one I could not finish
Just kept going around in circles
Could not progress
Gave up

Revolution

Nightingale27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Nightingale27
Member since 2006 • 661 Posts

Baten Kaitos: too long, nothing to constantly pick up my interest

Final fantasy crystal chronicals: I sold it (VERY STUPIDLY) before I finished it, big regret.

Lost in blue 1 and 2

Omega_Zero69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Omega_Zero69
Member since 2006 • 13668 Posts

1. jak 2 and 3: started and just got bored

2. the legend of zelda majoras mask: i lost the game and never found it again :(

3.gta vice city: never had time to play it to busy with other games

Avatar image for TheRaiderNation
TheRaiderNation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 TheRaiderNation
Member since 2007 • 1653 Posts

1.) Lost Planet (360) - I am not too sure why, I got probably about halfway through the game, I got into the multiplayer modes for a few weeks and then I had absolutely no desire to finish the Single Player mode. I haven't touched the game in months

2.) Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (PS2) - I beat Vice City and played a few hours into San Andreas, it jsut seemed like more of the same and I pretty much stopped after playing it for a few weeks

3.) Black (ps2) - The strangest thing would happen when I played that game, I would actually feel sick to my stomach and dizzy if I played it for logner than a half an hour. I think it has something to do with the lighting of the game, but obviously I had good reason to not finish that one (anyone else have this happen to them???)

CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
In almost 19 years of gaming, I have too many to count lol. I didn't finish RE:Code Veronica DX because I couldn't get into it (to be honest I mainly got it for the DMC demo lol). The same goes for Okage:Shadow King and Jade Empire.
Ash2X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#47 Ash2X
Member since 2005 • 3035 Posts

Half-Life 2: It was just too boring and gave me absolutely nothing to go on...this game is so overhyped...technically great but the gameplay was so weak I stopped after 4-5h

Oblivion : Well I will play it more some day...this game is so big...

Killer 7 : Man,how could such boring crap hyped THAT much..It´s not even reallly well made.Excuse awful graphics and gameplay with style???No way!

metallidoom33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 metallidoom33
Member since 2003 • 76 Posts

The first game I can think of that I never finished was Dino Crisis. Once I found out about having to stop the bleeding when you were hurt, I kinda lost interest.

Another one that I know I'll never finish was Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. My sister and I started that game at the same time, and she got 30+ hours into the game before they even left the first planet, and that killed all motivation for me. I also grew weary of the cooking crap.

I can't think of a third game... wrong. I just thought of it. Shenmue. I got to the point in the beginning where you first went into town and that was it. No action, no sense of knowing what to do, I just felt lost, so away it went and stayed.

Cerussite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Cerussite
Member since 2007 • 3084 Posts

Another one that I know I'll never finish was Star Ocean: Till the End of Time. My sister and I started that game at the same time, and she got 30+ hours into the game before they even left the first planet, and that killed all motivation for me. I also grew weary of the cooking crap.

metallidoom33
It doesn't take 30 hours to get past the first planet. At least, not from my experience.
SuperMario_46

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#50 SuperMario_46
Member since 2006 • 4960 Posts

Final Fantasy: Chrystal Chronicles - Too boring and i lost interest after the mines level.

Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (gamecube): Beat it on the DC, don't know why i got it for the gamecube, but i didn't bother to even kill the big worm and never pass through that.

No more Heroes: I plan on beating it sometime, but i kinda lost interest because the whole game is repetitive