17 or 18 to not need to drag parents into gamestop for mature titles?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

DeadParrot145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 38

User Lists: 0

#1 DeadParrot145
Member since 2005 • 252 Posts

So I turned 17 last week and i am SOOO done dragging my parents into the store with me to get "mature" titles. So i heard bestbuy, wall mart, and all the department stores require 18 years of age but im wondering of the game specific stores are the same?

gm0n3y

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 gm0n3y
Member since 2004 • 323 Posts

I never had a problem getting mature titles. Just go in and try to get the game, if they don't give it to you then go somewhere else.

hazbazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 hazbazz
Member since 2005 • 7709 Posts

I never had a problem getting mature titles. Just go in and try to get the game, if they don't give it to you then go somewhere else.

gm0n3y
or order all your games online, then they dont ask questions about your age
Black_heart420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Black_heart420
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
i never took my parents when i was buying M rated games at 17 but that was back then, but looks like they changed..theyre required now im guessin. but if your 18 and have a id then your fine. try gamestop or just order them online.
yodariquo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#5 yodariquo
Member since 2005 • 6631 Posts
Depends on the store. An age restriction is entirely a store-policy thing, so it can vary or not even exist at all.
gifteddie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#6 gifteddie
Member since 2007 • 567 Posts

the second i turned 17 I went to gamestop and got grand theft auto 3 when it just released. They had no problem with it as long as I bring in my ID

EchoFlame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 EchoFlame
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

lol i remember this one time i went into Zellers to buya game (had money to spend),i saw Tony Hawk 4 for the ps2 and i was like sweet! so i went to the clerk and i said i would like this, he was like you have to be 13 and up! and i was like WTF! im freaking 17 (didnt have ID), in the end i didnt get the game :( never going to zellers!