This topic is locked from further discussion.

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#1 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

It may not be functional yet but in case it is, can anyone point out where the game updates will appear? Will it be in the feeds section alongside the one for friends?

Also, which stack will games have to be in in order to receive updates for them?

Thanks

greasemonkey42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 3

#2 greasemonkey42
Member since 2004 • 2999 Posts

I would also REALLY like to know what is going on with game updates...getting updates on games is the biggest reason why I come to GS, and currently it is monumentally broken.

OP I think they are supposed to appear in your feed, however I have seen news stories on games I follow but haven't shown up there. In fact, nothing is showing up on my feed except forum posts.

Also having a drop-down list of all the games you follow when you hover over your login on the top right of any page was the most useful feature on this site. I could jump to any game I was following instantly, from anywhere. What could possibly be the reason for taking out this excellent feature???

There is so much focus on community stuff and side-line features that the simple basics of following games have somehow been lost in the transition.

jrgoalie33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#4 jrgoalie33
Member since 2008 • 217 Posts

@greasemonkey42: I agree. Getting updates on games i am following is the main reason i come to this site too. And now they make it extremely difficult to do so. Also, I think the stacks section is pointless if there isnt a "following" stack. And i havnt gotten any game updates in my feed either, even though i have checked some of the games i am following and there have been updates. Hey Gamespot, GIVE ME MY UPDATES!!! please : (

Starshine_M2A2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 19

#5 Starshine_M2A2
Member since 2006 • 5593 Posts

@jrgoalie33 said:

@greasemonkey42: I agree. Getting updates on games i am following is the main reason i come to this site too. And now they make it extremely difficult to do so. Also, I think the stacks section is pointless if there isnt a "following" stack. And i havnt gotten any game updates in my feed either, even though i have checked some of the games i am following and there have been updates. Hey Gamespot, GIVE ME MY UPDATES!!! please : (

This is just speculation but it may be to do with stacks in the first place. GameSpot are still ironing out the kinks in those features which may also be preventing updates from registering on people's feeds.

Once everything is operating 100%, they'll probably start appearing.