The Latest Emblem Reporting Thread **LOCKED**

• 162 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Dan_Lero
Member since 2006 • 7487 Posts

For those of you who don't know, there are many types of emblems but I consider them as two different categories; automated and manual.

STOP!

READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING YOUR EMBLEM REPORT
Note:
Debates of any kind will not be supported, this is a REPORTING thread and not a feedback thread.

1) Automated emblems are handed out when based on the way you use certain features of the site over a long period of time. It can be anything from being popular, the types of console platforms you own, tagging content, video you upload and much more. Unions are also under this category. Automated emblems can often disappear from your profile. If you have noticed that a certain emblem has been gone for 24 hours you can report your problem in this thread.

2) Manual emblems are normally given out from attending a live broadcasts, participating in tournaments, winning a contest and other related events. These emblems can be automated in the sense of coding (where no staff need to manually add them) but they can be handed out if there was a problem happening during the time of the broadcast or event. However, automated usage of the site emblems cannot be handed out manually so this is why they are considered as manual emblems.

As mentioned in the Knowledgebase under "I am missing an emblem, what should I do?":

GameSpot emblems are a privilege. We do not hand out emblems if you happen to miss out on an opportunity to receive one. If you did not receive an emblem for watching a broadcast there is most likely a reason for this. This may occur if you did not watch broadcast stream long enough.

IMPORTANT! Please wait 24 hours before reporting your problem in this thread if it's an automated emblem. Customer Support should only be contacted if you have a problem with a manual emblem and once again, wait 24 hours before contacting them that your emblem is missing. Even then you are more likely not going to receive the emblem unless there is a valid reason or if there is a known bug and many others are having the same problem.

ATTENTION:

What do the emblems look like?
If you are uncertain what some of the emblems look like, check out fastesttruck's emblem thread.

How come I didn't receive an E3 related emblem?
We did not have any technical difficulties during the press conferences this year. If you did not receive one, you did not meet the requirements needed to receive an E3 related emblem.

I received a cake emblem or pie emblem but now I am missing it?
The Cake or Pie emblems were only temporary as mentioned in a previous emblem reporting thread. We hope you enjoyed them while you could.

What happened to my Turkey Turkey 2006 emblem?
All holiday related emblems will be temporary.

I didnt receive the Hour of Victory emblem
You just missed the boat. We had a problem report thread for reporting that you did not receive this emblem but the reporting thread is now closed, and this also means this case is considered closed much like the PS3 or Wii Launch emblems.

I participated in the first scavenator and didn't receive the brown scavenator emblem
The brown scavenator emblem was NOT received if you happened to participate in the first scavenator. This emblem was only handed out if you provided feedback as per CraigB's instructions in the contest forum months ago.

I didnt receive the PS3 or Wii launch emblem
If you didn't receive one before, this was considered a closed case months ago. Sorry, we will not be handing out any emblems for these broadcasts.

I didn't receive a Player's Ball or Blacksite emblem
These emblems are no longer being given out. Everyone who posted in the last emblem reporting thread with these emblem issues have been taken care of.

I didn't receive Readers Choice 2007 (Best of 2007) or Fear the Reaper (Scavenator) emblem

Sorry, but you've missed the chance to report them missing. Everyone who posted in the last emblem reporting thread with these emblem issues have been taken care of.

I didn't recieve the Ticket Holder emblem

Sorry these arn't being given out.

Tournament Emblems:

In order for participants of each tournament to receive a participation emblem, we have revised the FAQ for future tournaments to reflect that participation is required.

• Players will not be eligible if they just check in for roll call and do not show inside the match.
  • Players who do not PLAY in a match will not receive an emblem. Afterall, these emblems are for participating.
  • Players who are disconnected and cannot get inside the game lobby will not receive an emblem.

Thanks for your understanding in this matter.

JodyR

Game Rating and Collection Emblems:

The game rating Emblems have been VERY buggy. This means that the Outlier, Way Harsh and Push over emblems disappear randomly, this happens almost every day, along with many game emblems. However the rating emblems are NOT coming back the next day, and if they do, they don't stay very long at all.

Also if you think you should have an emblem like the "Hella Old School" or something like that emblem, PM me (Dan_Lero) first and I'll check to see how close you are so this topic doesn't get full of stuff like that.

To all those users saying that all of the sudden they have lost a live feed emblem or something, we can't help you unless you can post some kind of proof that the emblems had been there in the first place.

UPON RECEIVING YOUR MISSING EMBLEM!

Please don't post you got the emblem in this thread, but pm (personal message) me you received it instead.

Every few weeks I will make up a list to send in to the Admin. Bugging me about doing it faster will only make me take longer.

All of the below emblems come and go on their own accord when the site updates. Do NOT report them being missing unless they have been gone for a FULL 72 hours. If you still don't have the emblem when you should or think you should, again wait a FULL 72 hours before reporting it. The reason for this is that often times they go MIA for a day or so, and as users report the same issue, it eats up our time.

Here is the list of emblems that are known to be bugged:

Acknowledgments to Donkeljohn, JodyR, Shaunmc and fastesttruck.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Dan_Lero

In this post i shall keep tabs on which users are on the current missing emblem list.

Current and previous lists can be found HERE, as well as additional missing emblem thread info.

List #05; Commencing Jun 22, 2008 Till ??? ???, 2008 - NOT SENT

Yet to be updated...

Devvy01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 Devvy01
Member since 2006 • 14018 Posts
hiya, have left it for 2 days, but the TTV GH Aerosmith emblem has turned up yet.. any probs with them? thanks
Lord_Xander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 Lord_Xander
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hi bit of a problem a while ago all of my emblem's disappeared a day later one re-appeared, alas, i'm now missing my PC Aficionado emblem been that way for a weeks now so would appreciate if it could be fixed, a quick glance at my collection clearly show's it's suitable and it's not like the ratio has changed, so I would appreciate if it could be fixed:)

ty in advance

WilliamRLBaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 WilliamRLBaker
Member since 2006 • 28915 Posts
I dont remmber the specifics but the emblem problem thread before I mentioned that i had voted and got the vote once emblem then i voted again in a later vote and got the voted twice emblem, a week later the voted once emblem returned and no one took care of it last time i reported it on the emblem problem thread.

Like i said i dont remmber specifics since its been about a year now.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts

Hi bit of a problem a while ago all of my emblem's disappeared a day later one re-appeared, alas, i'm now missing my PC Aficionado emblem been that way for a weeks now so would appreciate if it could be fixed, a quick glance at my collection clearly show's it's suitable and it's not like the ratio has changed, so I would appreciate if it could be fixed:)

ty in advance

Lord_Xander
Do you know of other users having this issue? I ask b/c I'm starting to thing its a bug that staff should take a look at as I'm having much the same issue with the PS2 emblem and its been almost a week since I should have gotten it
Andrew_Xavier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 Andrew_Xavier
Member since 2007 • 9625 Posts

This is an odd problem, every day my "collection" emblem changes into a "Best Of 2007" emblem, then a few hours later, it changes back into a "collection" emblem, I don't think it's supposed to do that?

This has been happening for quite some time.

Dan_Lero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dan_Lero

This is an odd problem, every day my "collection" emblem changes into a "Best Of 2007" emblem, then a few hours later, it changes back into a "collection" emblem, I don't think it's supposed to do that?

This has been happening for quite some time.

Andrew_Xavier
A current glitch, will be sorted sometime, but not untill sometime after E3 i believe.
JP_Russell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 JP_Russell
Member since 2005 • 12893 Posts
[QUOTE="Lord_Xander"]

ty in advance

fastesttruck

Do you know of other users having this issue? I ask b/c I'm starting to thing its a bug that staff should take a look at as I'm having much the same issue with the PS2 emblem and its been almost a week since I should have gotten it

I was missing my PC afficianado emblem for a while, and I thought I met the requirements, myself. But after finding that emblem guide in your sig, I noticed that the afficianado emblems have the requirement of both needing to have 50% or more games of that platform and the number of games must be between 50 and 100 (and I have 300-something PC games, which explained why I didn't have the emblem anymore). Both you and Xander have over a hundred PS2 and PC games, respectively.

Such a requirement for an afficianado emblem makes absolutely no sense. But that's the way it is, according to the emblem guide. I seem to remember that not being the case before, that it was only dependent on the ratio and nothing more. Not sure why such a non-sensical requirement as needing to have less than a certain number of games for each respective platform would be tacked onto the afficianados (it rather defeats their point, as I see it), but whatever.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fastesttruck
That number is just an about how many you need to have at least. I'll test it out on a new account and see what I come up with so I can fix that
Code_Geass_CC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#11 Code_Geass_CC
Member since 2008 • 2703 Posts
I had a tagger dabbler emblem, but it dissapeared when I got my good taste emblem. Now my dabbler emblem appeared, but my good taste emblem is good. Most likely it will keeprotating itself. Plz help :).
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 fastesttruck
and did you wait a full 72 hours before reporting it here? They are both back now. Those emblems do this all the time and there is nothing that can be done by posting here about it. after 72 hours it may be a bug that needs fixing but most times it doesn't last 72 hours
canand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 canand
Member since 2003 • 2890 Posts
I still not got the Best Of 2007 Emblem.
canand

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 canand
Member since 2003 • 2890 Posts
Why is it I cant get the Best Of 2007 Emblem. when I voted in it?