The Lastest Emblem Reporting Thread

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JodyR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 JodyR
Member since 2005 • 16454 Posts

For those of you who don't know, there are many types of emblems but I consider them as two different categories; automated and manual.

STOP!

READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING YOUR EMBLEM REPORT
Note:
Debates of any kind will not be supported, this is a REPORTING thread and not a feedback thread.

1) Automated emblems are handed out when you use the site in a certain way. It can be anything from being popular, the types of console platforms you own, tagging content, video you upload and much more. Unions are also under this category. Automated emblems can often disappear from your profile. If you have noticed that a certain emblem has been gone for 24 hours you can report your problem in this thread.

2) Manual emblems are normally given out from attending a live broadcasts, participating in tournaments, winning a contest and other related events. These emblems can be automated in the sense of coding (where no staff need to manually add them) but they can be handed out if there was a problem happening during the time of the broadcast or event. However, automated usage of the site emblems cannot be handed out manually so this is why they are considered as manual emblems.

As mentioned in the Knowledgebase under "I am missing an emblem, what should I do?":

GameSpot emblems are a privilege. We do not hand out emblems if you happen to miss out on an opportunity to receive one. If you did not receive an emblem for watching a broadcast there is most likely a reason for this. This may occur if you did not watch broadcast stream long enough.

IMPORTANT! Please wait 24 hours before reporting your problem in this thread if it's an automated emblem. Customer Support should only be contacted if you have a problem with a manual emblem and once again, wait 24 hours before contacting them that your emblem is missing. Even then you are more likely not going to receive the emblem unless there is a valid reason or if there is a known bug and many others are having the same problem.

ATTENTION:

What do the emblems look like?
If you are uncertain what some of the emblems look like, check out fastesttruck's emblem thread.

How come I didn't receive an E3 related emblem?
We did not have any technical difficulties during the press conferences this year. If you did not receive one, you did not meet the requirements needed to receive an E3 related emblem.

I received a cake emblem or pie emblem but now I am missing it?
The Cake or Pie emblems were only temporary as mentioned in the previous emblem reporting thread. We hope you enjoyed them while you could.

What happened to my Turkey Turkey 2006 emblem?
All holiday related emblems will be temporary.

I didnt receive the Hour of Victory emblem
You just missed the boat. We had a problem report thread for reporting that you did not receive this emblem but the reporting thread is now closed, and this also means this case is considered closed much like the PS3 or Wii Launch emblems.

I participated in the first scavenator and didn't receive the brown scavenator emblem
The brown scavenator emblem was NOT received if you happened to participate in the first scavenator. This emblem was only handed out if you provided feedback as per CraigB's instructions in the contest forum months ago.

I didnt receive the PS3 or Wii launch emblem
If you didn't receive one before, this was considered a closed case months ago. Sorry, we will not be handing out any emblems for these broadcasts. Read the final response here regarding this topic.

Avatar image for baseball07playr
baseball07playr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 baseball07playr
Member since 2004 • 258 Posts
i lost my good taste emblem a couple weeks ago
mario161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mario161
Member since 2007 • 2426 Posts
I'm missing the E3 emblem the one of the gold, silver and bronze emblem thingy. I don't know which one I'm supposed to get because I watch allthree E3 but never got the Microsoft emblem so I atleast need one of those emblems. If you are still giving out the Microsoft emblem can I have it too? If not I still need the silver E3 emblem.
-DaNuTz-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 -DaNuTz-
Member since 2006 • 1430 Posts
I just want to ask if its still possible to receive my Nintendo and Sony emblems ... i know it a little late but someone sayd it will help us receive them after event and then nothing ... at least the Nintendo because i watch it all ... the Sony one didn't start only after 7-10 minutes so i didn't watch the full show but i recorded my desktop to prove that there were technical problems just like the Madden 08 event, the player didn't start ... if you need i'll upload the videos to see ... thank you, have a nice day
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

I'm missing the E3 emblem the one of the gold, silver and bronze emblem thingy. I don't know which one I'm supposed to get because I watch allthree E3 but never got the Microsoft emblem so I atleast need one of those emblems. If you are still giving out the Microsoft emblem can I have it too? If not I still need the silver E3 emblem.mario161
I just want to ask if its still possible to receive my Nintendo and Sony emblems ... i know it a little late but someone sayd it will help us receive them after event and then nothing ... at least the Nintendo because i watch it all ... the Sony one didn't start only after 7-10 minutes so i didn't watch the full show but i recorded my desktop to prove that there were technical problems just like the Madden 08 event, the player didn't start ... if you need i'll upload the videos to see ... thank you, have a nice day-DaNuTz-

Please read Jody's full post. Both of you had your answer there:

We did not have any technical difficulties during the press conferences this year. If you did not receive one, you did not meet the requirements needed to receive an E3 related emblem.

mario161

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mario161
Member since 2007 • 2426 Posts
Aren't I supposed to get the silver emblem? I do have 2 E3 emlbems.
jakeboudville

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 jakeboudville
Member since 2004 • 90576 Posts
Aren't I supposed to get the silver emblem? I do have 2 E3 emlbems.mario161
The silver emblem is meant for watching 2 days(which has a certain hours per day as requirement) of Gamespot stage demos live. It has nothing to do with the press conferences at all
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
i lost my good taste emblem a couple weeks agobaseball07playr
That is due to your Over all GameSpot score is too low. Its at 8.1 when it needs to be 8.6 or more.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts

I lost my PS2 Afficianado emblem. :(

I didn't change anything in my collection (since I haven't gotten a new game in ages :?), so does this mean it's gone forever?

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 fastesttruck

I didn't change anything in my collection (since I haven't gotten a new game in ages :?), so does this mean it's gone forever?

scorch-62
When did it go away? Gaming and tagger Emblems are bugged and go away a lot. I lost my tagger one today. They should be back tomorrow or the next day.
scorch-62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 scorch-62
Member since 2006 • 29763 Posts
[QUOTE="scorch-62"]

fastesttruck

When did it go away? Gaming and tagger Emblems are bugged and go away a lot. I lost my tagger one today. They should be back tomorrow or the next day.

Today

-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
I'm not sure if this is allowed or possible, but could a admin transfer some of my old emblems on my old account, masterchef1000 to this account?
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 fastesttruck

scorch-62 Your PS2 Emblem is now back :)

-Masterchef- which Emblems would you want off of your old account? A list of some kind may help ;)

m__l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 m__l
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Reposting my messege from the e3 "era" that was not replayed:

"

I haven't got the microsoft e3 2007 emblem and i watched the entire show.
Although I did watched it with windows media player and not with the gamespot window.In the gamespot windows media player I only hurd the audio soI took the link from the "right click->settings" and streamed it with the "open url" option in windows media player.
During the show I saw on the FAQ that saidI need to disable the video acceleration option on the gamespot's windows media player soI did that and and thanI saw the confrencefor about 15-20 minites through it.

Another proof is thatI made my "GameSpot Plus" only yesterdaybecauseI wanted to watch all the videos on the 700k quality.

Plus I live in israel soI got up in 6:30 in the morning to see the press conference

"

Please help

Thanks in advance.

Thorpe89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#16 Thorpe89
Member since 2004 • 16905 Posts

"

Although I did watched it with windows media player and not with the gamespot window.In the gamespot windows media player I only hurd the audio soI took the link from the "right click->settings" and streamed it with the "open url" option in windows media player.
During the show I saw on the FAQ that saidI need to disable the video acceleration option on the gamespot's windows media player soI did that and and thanI saw the confrencefor about 15-20 minites through it.

Another proof is thatI made my "GameSpot Plus" only yesterdaybecauseI wanted to watch all the videos on the 700k quality.

Plus I live in israel soI got up in 6:30 in the morning to see the press conference

"

Please help

Thanks in advance.

m__l

Yeah, the emblem would certainly not be distributed if you didn't watch from within the main window. If you opened the video up directly within Windows Media Player it would not be able to tell if you watched it to give you an emblem.

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 cell_dweller  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 19867 Posts

"

"

Please help

Thanks in advance.

m__l
Please refer to Jody's first post for your answer:

m__l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 m__l

Its true thatI had problems with the video playerand not gamespot but I did saw the wholeshow live...

So im asking can I please recive the emblem?

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cell_dweller  Moderator

Its true thatI had problems with the video playerand not gamespot but I did saw the wholeshow live...

So im asking can I please recive the emblem?

m__l
I had problems with the video player as well, but I'm not getting it either. That's the way they are doing it. Sorry.
Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Dracula68

Please read Jody's first post before posting your own. A lot of times the answers are there and then there would be less clutter in this thread for Jody to go through.

m__l

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 m__l

I saw her post and still it aint exactly fair...

I did saw the show live, just not in the gamespot window because of technical problems...

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Dracula68

I saw his post and still it aint exactly fair...

m__l

His? Does Jody sound like a guy name:?

Either way. Her post is final. Sorry.

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#23 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts
Hello.I still have not recieved my Good Taste/Bad Taste or Way Harsh or Pushover even though I've written and rated a lot of games.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 fastesttruck

Hello.I still have not recieved my Good Taste/Bad Taste or Way Harsh or Pushover even though I've written and rated a lot of games.siberian142

Your Average GameSpot Score needs to be 8.6 or more for the good taste one. Right now yours is 7.6

For the Way Harsh/ Pushover ones, you can only have one and you need to rate games with realy high ratings for the PushOver and Realy low for the Way Harsh. You can't have both. Your ratings go from 10 all the way down to about a 1 it looks like.

siberian142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#25 siberian142
Member since 2007 • 7774 Posts

[QUOTE="siberian142"]Hello.I still have not recieved my Good Taste/Bad Taste or Way Harsh or Pushover even though I've written and rated a lot of games.fastesttruck

Your Average GameSpot Score needs to be 8.6 or more for the good taste one. Right now yours is 7.6

For the Way Harsh/ Pushover ones, you can only have one and you need to rate games with realy high ratings for the PushOver and Realy low for the Way Harsh. You can't have both. Your ratings go from 10 all the way down to about a 1 it looks like.

Ok thx you.

kirbyparufo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 kirbyparufo
Member since 2004 • 391 Posts
I'd like to have my video emblems removed as I don't have any videos on the website now.
-Masterchef-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#27 -Masterchef-
Member since 2007 • 10244 Posts
Okay, to add on to my previous post, I would like the "I Voted", "Regular Gumshoe", and "Biological Warfare" emblem transferred to this profile. Thanks if it can be done.
BobZany

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#28 BobZany
Member since 2004 • 1407 Posts

I seem to have lost my "good taste" emblem. My overall Gamespot score is 8.7

What percentage of games do you need to get one of those system emblems?

cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 cell_dweller  Moderator
[QUOTE="BobZany"]

I seem to have lost my "good taste" emblem. My overall Gamespot score is 8.7

What percentage of games do you need to get one of those system emblems?

cryptosopoidium

It needs to be 8.6 or higher to have the emblem this is probably just a glitch a will return shortly :)

A quick note on that subject. The game emblems that you get for your collection do experience bugs from time to time and will come and go. As long as you didn't make any changes to your collection, they will return. The best thing to do is wait a day or two and see if it comes back before posting in here :) Thanks!
Crazy87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Crazy87
Member since 2005 • 2900 Posts
Eh just made a topic i barely noticed the sticky sorry :( my TGS 2006 Emblem has been gone for a while now i tought it would just come back but its not and with the new TGS 2007 coming up im wondering where my TGS 2006 emblem went???
dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 dev_ron
Member since 2005 • 2465 Posts

I just want to know that, why such a cool emblem like Biological Warfare isn't given any more. Was there any technical problem or it was just for the time being?

serbsta69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 serbsta69
Member since 2006 • 19209 Posts

I just want to know that, why such a cool emblem like Biological Warfare isn't given any more. Was there any technical problem or it was just for the time being?

dev_ron

I havent heard that theyve stopped giving it out, it was a fairly hard one to get.

dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dev_ron

I've been working on it for few weeks and have talked to many users who has good idea about emblem and they have confirmed me that it's not given anymore. If I give the reference of fastesttruck, I hope you'll believe and that's why I've raised this question here.

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 fastesttruck

dev_ron
Well truth is, no one realy knows what happend with the Emblem. I think they stopped it due to high abuse while others think it got bugged and others think we can still get it. As far as I know, none of those 3 ideas have been confirmed True or false by Staff.
dev_ron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dev_ron

is there no one to confirm this?if it's not given anymore, then it's not worth trying for it. cos, it's some work getting this emblem.

Sants412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#37 Sants412
Member since 2007 • 5599 Posts
I just hit 700 tags and still have a "Tagger Maker" emblem, wasn't I supposed to get Tagger Leader at 500 tags?
cell_dweller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 cell_dweller  Moderator
I just hit 700 tags and still have a "Tagger Maker" emblem, wasn't I supposed to get Tagger Leader at 500 tags?Sants412
You have the tagger leader. Tagging emblems only update once a day.
BladeTVH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 BladeTVH
Member since 2002 • 281 Posts
When can I expect the 2nd Scavenator emblem to show up? I did the hunt a few days ago, but still don't have the emblem. Thanks.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 fastesttruck
When can I expect the 2nd Scavenator emblem to show up? I did the hunt a few days ago, but still don't have the emblem. Thanks. BladeTVH
Some time in Oct.
BladeTVH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 BladeTVH
Member since 2002 • 281 Posts
Thanks.
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 ootp2003
Member since 2006 • 1828 Posts

It's been a while since I last posted on here (Thank god), but I've had a few emblem problems...

1st (Tagger Leader)

I currently have a tag count of 585, which in-turn should have made my current profile update from the emblem of "Tagger Maker" (200 needed) to "Tagger Leader" (500 needed)

I have been at this for almost a week now, just adding more and more, but to no luck.

If an ADMIN and or MOD would ook into this, it would mean a lot to me. :)

2nd (Evil Genius)

After almost 20 On the Spot shows, I've finally got the score of the devil on the trivia. (666)

I reached this score yesterday with TGS-07 (Day 1), and after my profile updating today, no emblem.

Some people have told me that the emblem is glitched, and now only a few people can receive it.

I even took some pictures...

(LINK)

(LINK)

You don't have to get it on you're first try, or else all 30 people (Just a guess) would be in the top with 666 points.

Which as you can see, is NOT possible.

Once again, if an ADMIN or MOD would look into this, it would mean I great deal to me.

Thank you. :D

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 fastesttruck
Your a bit mis lead on the Evil Emblem I think. You HAVE to get the 666 on your 1st try which would then get you into the top ten list. Anyone can just re do the trive and get 666 after a few goes at it.
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 ootp2003

Your a bit mis lead on the Evil Emblem I think. You HAVE to get the 666 on your 1st try which would then get you into the top ten list. Anyone can just re do the trive and get 666 after a few goes at it.fastesttruck

If you really do indeed have to be in the top 10 list, where are all the other people that have 666 points and also got the emblem?

Also, like I said in my post, I've tried for almost 20 On the Spot shows.

I would have gotten it in just one sitting if I wanted to, but I did it once per-show trying to get the emblem.

(Thus taking me so long)

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 fastesttruck
Only the score you get for the 1st time you do it each week counts. So if 10 people play and one gets 666 on thier 1st try, they should in turn get the Emblem. If the other 9 keep playing that week and get 666 on anything but thier 1st try, they don't get anything.
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 ootp2003

So basically, you can only receive the emblem on your VERY first try on GameSpot Trivia? :|

Or does it reset itself each week, (Once a week) so a person can try again for the emblem?

fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 fastesttruck
It resets each week. but it has to be on your 1st try of that week.
ootp2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ootp2003

Seeing the fact that the show is indeed once a week, and I've tried each week for months on end, which in-turn getting 666 on my fist try at TGS, I've met all the requirements from what I can see here.

No offence at all, but is there anyone I could ALSO talk to that actually has the emblem? :|