Special Emblem for Leaders of GS Endorsed Unions...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for The_Judgemaster
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Judgemaster
Member since 2006 • 142 Posts
I think these dedicated guys deserves some sort of recognition. One day they will leave Gamespot, for whatever reasons, death, old age, poverty, etc., and people will have no record of what they've done to the unions officially endorsed by Gamespot.

I think leaders of the unions that were officially endorsed during their leadership should be given some sort of badge that they can be proud of showing to others like after 10 years (if the union is still existing), e.i. Sentinelrv:  "Hey, you know, The Headcrab Union was under my leadership when it was endorsed by Gamespot". Something like that.

I think it is not much to ask from GS considering that these guys who have spent a lot of their precious time for their respective unions. Gamespot should treat them nicely, and giving them some sort of recognition (emblem, etc.) is a way to show that they are important.

Officers at the time the unions were endorsed may also get an emblem for their help in the unino endorsement.

Just a thought.
Darkside5675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Darkside5675
Member since 2007 • 1041 Posts
Will they care about their emblems in 10 years?
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 The_Judgemaster
It'll give them the satisfaction of becoming an instrument in the making of a successful GS endorsed union who can last for that long period. Well, even if not considering the future, I think GS should already recognize their contributions while they are still much active here at GS. A simple emblem telling the people that they helped in bringing their respective uninos to official endorsement by Gamespot is not really that of a chore, especially that only few of them are good enough to make their unions worthy of GS recognition for endorsement. I love my leaders in the endorsed unions I am with. They're just so dedicated.
Jumbo120788

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Jumbo120788
Member since 2004 • 14956 Posts
I think the officers deserve one as well, or at least the officers at the time the emblem was awarded.
caddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 caddy
Member since 2005 • 28709 Posts

I think the officers deserve one as well, or at least the officers at the time the emblem was awarded. Jumbo120788

This idea isn't the worst ive heard to be honest and it does seem like a good reason for an emblem because something has been accomplished. I agree that if this does happen, officers should also recieve an emblem because they do a lot of work too. A good union has good officers after all.

GTAps2SanA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 GTAps2SanA
Member since 2005 • 3716 Posts
Yeah and to become an officer takes true dedication to a union. So technically you'd have to really work for the emblem. I support it, but it's not practical.
fastesttruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 fastesttruck
Member since 2005 • 25353 Posts
Will they care about their emblems in 10 years?Darkside5675
I will still care about Emblems in 10 yrs. I like this Idea, and Officers should also get one as well
mariomaniac92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 mariomaniac92
Member since 2006 • 5482 Posts
Errr....isn't having the union endorsed enough gratification in the first place? :?
The_Judgemaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 The_Judgemaster
Of course it is great to know that you've done a lot for the endorsement of a union, and we all know the saying that good deeds need not be proclaimed or be waiting for something in return, but this is not something they are asking in return. Gamepsot should take the initiative in recognizing these guys' hard work and dedication. As what I've said, it's just a simple emblem that will not take 10 minutes to make, and may be implemented, even manually, considering that there are only few unions that are officially endorsed.
Agreb91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#10 Agreb91
Member since 2005 • 7169 Posts
I like the idea. Gives the rest of the GameSpot community a chance to see that they have worked hard to get such a great union on GameSpot.
Xythos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Xythos09
Member since 2005 • 2458 Posts
Errr....isn't having the union endorsed enough gratification in the first place? :?mariomaniac92
Agreed.
yian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 yian
Member since 2003 • 5166 Posts
I doubt Gamespot cares about unions enough to make extra emblems for them.