Reply/Quote buttons not working on blog posts

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Byshop

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Byshop  Moderator
Member since 2002 • 20504 Posts

Not sure if it was always like this, but when I'm looking at a blog repost to the forum the reply and quote buttons appear to be missing on the first post. All replies, these buttons show up for. Is this new or is it a known issue?

Thanks.

-Byshop

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

It's due to the way they're transferred to the forum - the 1st post is literally what is in the blog, merely mirrored (if you edit the blog the 1st post changes accordingly), and isn't a standard forum post. There's similar issues with the 1st post in poll threads (the ones with the polls in them) as they're not considered normal posts (they also don't get the numbers in the top left corner like normal posts), but polls have their own little set of buttons (reply/edit poll, no quote) rather than simply missing the default ones. It doesn't have a significant impact on functionality due to only affecting the mirrored blog post itself so I doubt it's high priority to change tbh. From what I can tell the only functionality that isn't there is the one to flag the thread (rather than the blog that it is mirrored from) itself. That and the reply/quote buttons, but that can easily be substituted using @mention tags, which are similarly convenient.

Ideally it should get the same treatment as poll posts - it's own little set of buttons for convenient basic functionality (with edit blog rather than edit poll), but the bulk of the functionality is still there as is, just not in such a convenient manner.

Edit: Same issue posted here now, staff are aware and it'll be on the list of things to fix.