Problems with the interface on gamespot...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bobbo888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 bobbo888
Member since 2007 • 645 Posts

1. When I get a notification that somebody commented on my blog and I click it, it brings me to a page with just the blog and no comments. Also if I'm on my profile page and click block, it shows how many comments my post got but if I click the comments link, it takes me to the same page, or nowhere.

2. Under my profile page where it says reviews; it says I have 7 reviews. When I click on the tab it only shows 1 review from 2007. I've reviewed many more than 1 game.

3. Certain stacks I created are no longer there.

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

1: Those particular 'comments' are actually posts in a forum thread - more precisely the thread that mirrors your blog. As you set your own board when doing that (or none, by using don't post to forums in the dropdown) you shouldn't have too much trouble finding it, though it most certainly is inconvenient. The thread ID can also be used for URL manipulation - however I don't think the ID appears anywhere on the blog for non-moderators. The comments link sends you to the livefyre comments box on the same page however, which is obviously a major flaw in the design. This one is also a known issue.

For your 2 most recent blogs: here and here.

2: One of the devs (styly iirc) mentioned that this may be due to a server move and that they should still be there on the backend, but it's a known bug anyway.

3: No longer there? as in disappeared entirely? There are some known issues with stacks, but as far as I'm aware that isn't one of them, more details and an example of a stack that has disappeared would be useful so that the devs can look into it.

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

i dont know what happens today, but gamepot loged in loading is so much quicker now , all though White lay it get used despite black layout is picked. Win some lose some all i know that slow site loading with initial logging in are gone and i had that since the new layout was introduced.