Problem when searching games

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cecko1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 cecko1997
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Hi! I have used the site many times in the past but not so often lately. Recently I went to the "FIND GAMES" field wanting to look at some old titles. Unfortunately, I found out that the category "All Platforms" has been renamed to "Current Platforms", and when I choose a period of time, only games which have a release on a current platform show up. Would it be possible for you to return the option to search for games on all platforms and not only the current ones? Sorry, if it is not the right place to ask!

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -3

#2 RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Seems a reasonable enough request - it seems current platforms has completely replaced the all platforms option for the games page search for now though. As such for just browsing through older games in a specific time period there's no longer a convenient method it seems.

There is one way you can still search all platforms at once atm, however it lacks most of the search options - that is you can search via the top bar on every page and then change the check-boxes so that only the games one is checked - this will then display all games on all platforms matching your search term. This isn't so useful when you don't have any idea what the game is called however - there is a community-run thread pinned in the games discussion forum that can help find out the name of a game you're looking for of course. You can also just search via a specific platform if whatever you're looking for is a game that you know was released on said platform.

cecko1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3 cecko1997
Member since 2015 • 25 Posts

Yes, I know that it is possible to find games through the search bar at the top of the page but I was hoping I could just browse through all the titles in a specific period of time. That way I could easily do a research on the history of some genre or just find something nostalgic to play.