polls should be made public

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for ghostwarrior786
ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By ghostwarrior786
Member since 2005 • 5811 Posts

poll threads should allow all users to view who has voted in each option. in hype threads over at sw people claim to be voting 1 thing but are really doing another. i really see no harm in doing this, maybe also give an option for polls being made public or private

MonsieurX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 MonsieurX
Member since 2008 • 39858 Posts

Terrible idea.

Avatar image for harry_james_pot
harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 harry_james_pot  Moderator
Member since 2006 • 11414 Posts

I don't see how that would be of any use to anybody. The point of polls is to find out what people think about something and what percentage chose each option, not who voted what..

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@MonsieurX said:

Terrible idea.

explain

@harry_james_pot said:

I don't see how that would be of any use to anybody. The point of polls is to find out what people think about something and what percentage chose each option, not who voted what..

why not? most other popular forums do it and as i explained in op it would be helpful in sw

Avatar image for deactivated-5ebea105efb64
deactivated-5ebea105efb64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5  Edited By deactivated-5ebea105efb64
Member since 2013 • 7262 Posts

Patcher and his stupid ideas.

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@ghostwarrior786 said:

why not? most other popular forums do it and as i explained in op it would be helpful in sw

Helpful how exactly? So people can start flaming each other about their poll choices?

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By ghostwarrior786

@harry_james_pot said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

Helpful how exactly? So people can start flaming each other about their poll choices?

yes? whats wrong with that? its just a forum, no need to take shit so seriously. public poll add to the fun

harry_james_pot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 harry_james_pot  Moderator

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

yes? whats wrong with that? its just a forum, no need to take shit so seriously. public poll add to the fun

You're actually asking what's wrong with giving people more ways for flaming? You can't be serious... And that "feature" would serve no other purpose than that. We certainly don't need it, especially in SW of all places.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 freedomfreak
Member since 2004 • 52427 Posts

This idea seems built around Hype threads, which is an SW only thing. You wanna solve that problem? Don't do a poll for hype threads. Have people put up their personal hype, and count them. You wanna do a proper hype thread, put some effort into it.

A more pressing matter is having the OP being put up on every new page if there's a poll. That's annoying. It's why I don't use polls to begin with.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ghostwarrior786

@harry_james_pot said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

@harry_james_pot said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

You're actually asking what's wrong with giving people more ways for flaming? You can't be serious... And that "feature" would serve no other purpose than that. We certainly don't need it, especially in SW of all places.

flaming happens anyway, right now its 'bu-bu-bu i bet u never voted aaa u just saying that stupid cow/lem'.

@freedomfreak said:

This idea seems built around Hype threads, which is an SW only thing. You wanna solve that problem? Don't do a poll for hype threads. Have people put up their personal hype, and count them. You wanna do a proper hype thread, put some effort into it.

A more pressing matter is having the OP being put up on every new page if there's a poll. That's annoying. It's why I don't use polls to begin with.

people can edit their posts if no one quoted them and its a lot more time consuming and boring to actually count then have the system do it for u.

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 freedomfreak
@ghostwarrior786 said:

people can edit their posts if no one quoted them and its a lot more time consuming and boring to actually count then have the system do it for u.

I don't think people care as much to edit their posts. Just count whatever the person hyped it. Put 'em in a list in the OP. Polls are absolute garbage for this kind of thing.

And time consuming? If you care so much about a stupid SW metagame, then you should care enough to count some votes. Especially when you're requesting it to become a feature for actual usage. Something that's only exclusive to SW.

ghostwarrior786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ghostwarrior786

@freedomfreak said:

@ghostwarrior786 said:

I don't think people care as much to edit their posts. Just count whatever the person hyped it. Put 'em in a list in the OP. Polls are absolute garbage for this kind of thing.

And time consuming? If you care so much about a stupid SW metagame, then you should care enough to count some votes. Especially when you're requesting it to become a feature for actual usage. Something that's only exclusive to SW.

requesting a feature most other forums have takes literally 1 min, counting everyones votes manually #aint nobody got time for that shit. list in op is just a more time wasting method, why not simply have the ability to view who voted what.

dont get why people are so secretive about a poll, its just a forum people, vote whatever the **** u want

freedomfreak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 freedomfreak
@ghostwarrior786 said:

requesting a feature most other forums have takes literally 1 min, counting everyones votes manually #aint nobody got time for that shit. list in op is just a more time wasting method, why not simply have the ability to view who voted what.

dont get why people are so secretive about a poll, its just a forum people, vote whatever the **** u want

Because it's a silly thing to put up as a feature to have. It's only something worthy to SW, and one that can be circumvented by just counting votes.

A poll is always about just seeing the majority of votes. Nobody goes as far as to put it up in some sort of hype thread, needing to find out what people voted for. You're making a big deal out of something most don't care about. It's a SW thing. One that can easily be avoided by just counting the actual votes.

The only people wanting this feature, are those that wanna see the truth behind hype threads. And that's incredibly stupid.