Notifications is a joke!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Edited by Gamer_4_Fun (2567 posts) -

#2 Posted by Starshine_M2A2 (4074 posts) -

At this point it's difficult to tell whether the notification system will ever be returned to it's former glory or not. Today, I found options in the user settings that allow you to select which platforms to receive updates for. I'm hoping these will count as notifications but I haven't gotten any so far.

If it works then it's a step in the right direction but at the moment there's little reason to think the above situation will improve any time soon.

#3 Edited by Smashbrossive50 (2882 posts) -

@Gamer_4_Fun: looks like he's too review-happy for doing nine in one shot,unfollow him if he's getting to your nerves. Basically in my evaluation to the reviewer's profile,the reviewer seemed to have missed a lot of fun back in the Old Site

#4 Edited by JigglyWiggly_ (23455 posts) -

Notifications are a joke!

#5 Edited by GeminiEntity (1174 posts) -

At this point it's difficult to tell whether the notification system will ever be returned to it's former glory or not. Today, I found options in the user settings that allow you to select which platforms to receive updates for. I'm hoping these will count as notifications but I haven't gotten any so far.

If it works then it's a step in the right direction but at the moment there's little reason to think the above situation will improve any time soon.

That's a real shame. One of the more unique features of this site (IGN is the only other site that I know of) is severely broken all for a more sleeker and modern look, which ironically is not helping the site according to Alexa.

More coders should be hired or get better ones, no site redesign should take this long.

#6 Posted by leon2365 (13050 posts) -

notifications should work fine (apart from game notifications which don't work for anyone ATM). its most likely the person that wrote so many reviews.

#7 Edited by nutcrackr (12457 posts) -

Ratings show up as reviews, so this guy might have just had a lot of games to rate

#8 Posted by beutlich99 (1106 posts) -

Notification are broken. I haven't gotten a single game related notification since the new site started up.