Notifications are bombarding me with updates.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Thyasianman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#1  Edited By Thyasianman
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts

I've always had notifications on for Gamespot to send me notifications when people like a comment or reply to my comment, but as of about two weeks ago they started sending me notifications when people commented on the same article as me. So far today I've had about 7 emails telling me hundreds of people have commented on the article. I'm not sure if this is intentional or what because of course hundreds of people are commenting on the article, why do I need to know such things? I'd love if you guys could fix this please.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

supposedly its being worked on. though I don't know how long you will have to wait. at least you aren't one of the people getting hundreds of emails.

Thyasianman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 7

#3  Edited By Thyasianman
Member since 2010 • 57 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one, thank you very much for the response. Also, it's very hard to see whether or not I actually do get responses in these articles, and I noticed that I got a comment on one of my stacks yet I didn't get a notification from that. So I hope it gets worked out fine so we can get back to not being email bombed by Gamespot.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By leon2365

hopefully it will be soon.

Valkyrslayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5  Edited By Valkyrslayer
Member since 2013 • 62 Posts

I am getting hundreds of E-Mails saying there is a new comment under an article. I deactivated all E-Mail Notifications but I am still getting bombarded. Please solve this

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By leon2365

keep this thread near the top of the forum, and hopefully someone will see it soon.