New Bug: Posts Not Updating Showing New Replies

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By WhiteKnight77
Member since 2003 • 12605 Posts

So I come to GameSpot today to visit for a bit and am frustrated due to not seeing posts update showing that new posts have been made by myself. It was enough that I ended up posting practically two identical posts in the same thread.

This screenshot shows only one of the two threads that I posted in today (and all within the last 40 minutes or so). You will have to click the link to see it due to still not being able to post images.

Broken GameSpot

The other post I made was in the 80s music thead that still shows br0kenrabbit as the last person to post in it though it was me.

This is really unacceptable. This website and forums appear to become more and more broken with each day instead of getting fixed much less having new features added to it. It almost reminds me of Ubisoft and Raven Shield where each new patch broke something else and after 6 patches, they quit trying to fix things and still left stuff broken.

If I were to be asked as to whether I would recommend GameSpot to friends, that answer right now would be hell no (all those pop-up surveys asked that for years and often multiple times a day even after doing a survey earlier in the day).

I wonder if this post will actually show up on the topic list. No, it didn't and got 404 Internal Errors twice.

Promised_Trini

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Promised_Trini
Member since 2008 • 3651 Posts

Yeah I am having this problem also.I made two threads in SW and they aren't showing up at all.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WhiteKnight77

Bump seeing as others didn't look past page one. Is there not anyone on GS either as a moderator or staff going to acknowledge this fact?

digitaldame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By digitaldame
Member since 2006 • 5401 Posts

I want to clarify what your bug report is about.

You're reporting that forums are not updating with accurate information pertaining to the last user to post.

Would you say this is correct?

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 WhiteKnight77

@DigitalDame said:

I want to clarify what your bug report is about.

You're reporting that

forums are not updating with accurate information pertaining to the last user to post.

Would you say this is correct?

Yes. I had made two posts on Thursday and then I made this. The Why do people defend cops? page shows that I have two exact same posts due to it not registering. I saw it post, then when I went to the main forum page with all the topics listed, it was not at the top of the list. I opened the thread again, posted almost the exact same thing again and it still didn't show up. I then posted in the Todays music VS 80's music thread and had a similar problem with a second browser after opening it up and trying to post in that thread. It eventually updated and showed my posts.

As seen, I even had problems posting this thread and getting errors and then seeing two exact same threads.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WhiteKnight77

Bumping for an answer.

StAFl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 StAFl
Member since 2013 • 25 Posts

Bump.

StAFl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StAFl

Bump.

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By WhiteKnight77

Someone named SNAFI replied to this thread and his post is not in here.

StAFl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 StAFl

Bump

WhiteKnight77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 WhiteKnight77

Sorry, but the person who posted is StAFI and he has now posted twice without his posts showing as seen in this following screenshots.

Forum Thread List and Missing Post in Thread

The circled area shows that someone has posted, and the fact that no post is showing up in the thread.