Links in Forum Posts/Replies Not Working

This topic is locked from further discussion.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 suicidesn0wman
Member since 2006 • 7490 Posts

Not sure why you guys are tossing out links in a span but it's rendering any link posted in the forums useless for me.

<p>We have a thread for exactly this purpose - <span href="http://www.gamespot.com/forums/games-discussion-1000000/official-can-t-remember-the-title-of-a-game-thread-29139350/#6184">Click Here</span></p>

Why not use <a href=""></a> like every other website on the planet?

Win 10, Chrome Version 49.0.2623.110 m

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By rick
Member since 2013 • 913 Posts

@suicidesn0wman: Cannot Reproduce.

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce?

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 rick

@suicidesn0wman: OK I just did reproduce. I just had to wait. After posting the links are there but something happens some time afterward to strip the links out. I have no idea what that is but we'll find it ASAP and rip it out mercilessly.

rick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 rick

this is a test

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 suicidesn0wman

@edgework said:

@suicidesn0wman: Cannot Reproduce.

Can you give me exact steps to reproduce?

Can't deny it, this made me lol. :D

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 suicidesn0wman

@edgework: Don't know if this will help you or not, but yesterday when I replied to you, it had been almost 30 minutes since your 'this is a test' post. At that time it was a working link, today it is not. Although I don't know very much about your setup, I won't be surprised if it is being caused by some anti-spam tool running on the forums.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@suicidesn0wman: Also you replied to me twice last night, but I only received notification on the second reply. The first reply did not send any email or show up in the notifications list in the top nav.

suicidesn0wman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By suicidesn0wman

@edgework: Wow this is so odd now.

Ok so I believe that this issue and the issues with the Notifications not loading properly are tied together. If someone replies to a comment I made, it takes a while sometimes 20-30 minutes before the Notification has a valid URL, instead it links to the current page(don't know if that is the link provided or if it is simply href="#"). It's too similar to the links disappearing issue. Also for a while now the 'Show the whole article' link I get in the emails hasn't worked.

Which is where the odd part comes in, those links you posted last night are now links again.

Also, while I was typing up this reply I had two Notifications that were not displaying the correct link, I just checked again and both are displaying the correct url now. The first of those two took 22 minutes to display the correct link. Not sure if any of that helps.