Light/Dark site theme bug

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for AtheistPreacher
AtheistPreacher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 AtheistPreacher
Member since 2002 • 1130 Posts

This didn't used to be a problem, but lately when I first load the Gamespot front page, the site defaults to the "light" theme, even though the slider is on "dark." To get it back on the dark theme again, I need to click once to put the slider over the light theme, and then a second time to get the dark theme for real. I much prefer the dark theme, and it's quite annoying to have to switch it back every time I visit the site.

I can't say exactly when this started happening, I think it's been about a week. I'm running Google Chrome on Windows 8.1.

alexisgallisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By alexisgallisa
Member since 2006 • 31 Posts

@AtheistPreacher: yuk there have been a few reports of this. I think the cookie must be faliing somewhere or getting confused. I'll set up a proper bug on this

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Same problem on Firefox. Tried Deleteing the gamespot cookie and didn't fix anything.
Only the Main Page has the problem. Forums and all the other areas remember the dark setting.

tsunami2311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By tsunami2311
Member since 2003 • 1798 Posts

would seem gamespot.com actual recognizes that black theme is pick instead of thinking white is picked. took them long enough to sort this out. atlest is seems to be fixed