How do you mute people?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

This topic probably doesn't belong here, but since Gamespot got rid of the board where it would go I'm not sure where to put it really.

So how do I mute people? This feature should've been a part of Gamespot for years now yet for some idiotic reason it still isn't. I remember there was some way of doing it with adblock but I can't remember how.

#2 Posted by JP_ (12837 posts) -

Hi there,

At this current moment there is no way to MUTE users just don't respond to the user is the best way to handle it

#3 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

Not responding to a user doesn't make it so I don't accidentally read the shit they type.

#4 Posted by rarson (935 posts) -

@Pffrbt:

You could always try ignoring them. That's what adults do.

#5 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

@rarson: "You could always try ignoring them."
I could, if Gamespot actually had that feature.

#6 Posted by rarson (935 posts) -

@Pffrbt:

I was talking about simply ignoring the person, not clicking a button.

#7 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

@rarson said:

@Pffrbt:

I was talking about simply ignoring the person, not clicking a button.

And like I said, it's hard to not accidentally start reading their posts while browsing a forum.

#8 Posted by rarson (935 posts) -

@Pffrbt:

You're not getting it. Once you "accidentally read" their post, you stop thinking about it and move on with life. That's called ignoring someone.

#9 Posted by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

@rarson: If it were so easy to not get irritated by someone in the first place the act of ignoring them wouldn't be necessary.

#10 Edited by HipHopBeats (2873 posts) -

@Pffrbt: It's called coping and learning to deal with it. If you're employed you will definitely run across oddballs and annoying coworkers you will have to interact with. No ignore button to save you.

#11 Edited by Pffrbt (6528 posts) -

@HipHopBeats: "It's called coping and learning to deal with it."
Which I'm obviously doing thanks to the lack of a basic feature this website should have.

"If you're employed you will definitely run across oddballs and annoying coworkers you will have to interact with. No ignore button to save you.
"
That's hardly relevant.

#12 Posted by 10854 (108 posts) -

lol

#13 Posted by DigitalDame (3878 posts) -

@Pffrbt: Since this topic is quickly devolving I'm going to lock it.

Incidentally, yes I agree that an ignore feature is needed on the site, no we do not currently have one (and there hasn't been one implemented since 2010) and there is no current ETA on when we'll be getting this (if ever).