GameSpot's Ultimate Upgrade Contest

This topic is locked from further discussion.

diskotheque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By diskotheque
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

So I entered the contest about a week or two ago but my concern is that winners will be contacted by email. I currently don't receive any emails from GameSpot AND I am set up to receive them. Ever since the site change I haven't received any emails... even notifications as to when someone responds to one of my posts. I've tried updating my email address and resetting my notification preferences and I've also checked to make sure GameSpot emails aren't being sent to my spam folder. I'm still receiving nothing and we're now 4 months on since the site upgrade. Does anyone know of a way to fix this problem or if not does anyone know if this issue is going to be fixed anytime soon?

VintAge68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 88

User Lists: 5

#2 VintAge68
Member since 2010 • 530 Posts

Same happens to me, and I too activated all sorts of notifications in the Settings; moreover, now one doesn't even get any Feeds anymore.

However, as a European, I doubt I'd be winning something from GS anyway ;|

Four months after the change on can get the impression that they simply don't want to ever make the site up & running again...

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

I do get emails when people mention me in a post. so as to why you aren't receiving any, I have no idea. though it only seems to affect certain people. keep this thread up so that hopefully it will be seen by staff.

diskotheque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 diskotheque
Member since 2008 • 34 Posts

Thanks for the replies. Hopefully someone does see it and take notice. I understand that designing a cutting-edge website that also works well isn't the simplest task, but I feel as though this new GameSpot site is the same now as it was when it made its debut back in October... i.e. no noticeable bug fixes or improvements.