Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#1 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

Not sure if this is a problem limited to my system, but I just thought I'd report I have repeatedly had my browser (Firefox 29.0.1) crash right after posting on the gamespot forums, right when the new post is loading, though maybe once every 20 posts. This doesn't happen on any other website and only very recently started happening (2-3 days).

RobotOpBuddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: -3

#2  Edited By RobotOpBuddy  Moderator
Member since 2004 • 65506 Posts

Have you added any new addons in that time period? Unstable addons have been known to crash firefox in certain scenarios. Try running firefox in safemode (which disables all add-ons, it will also appear in the main menu as 'restart firefox with add-ons disabled') - does it still crash when posting to the forums in safemode? If not an add-on is by far the most likely cause, and trial and error is the easiest way to find out which.

FF29/30 have a known JS-related crash bug as well that will be fixed in FF31; setting javascript.options.baselinejit to false in about:config supposedly helps with that one but I'm unfamiliar with the finer details of what causes it. Alternatively you can just revert to FF28 or wait for FF31 to negate it completely.

Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 0

#3 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts

@robotopbuddy said:

Have you added any new addons in that time period? Unstable addons have been known to crash firefox in certain scenarios. Try running firefox in safemode (which disables all add-ons, it will also appear in the main menu as 'restart firefox with add-ons disabled') - does it still crash when posting to the forums in safemode? If not an add-on is by far the most likely cause, and trial and error is the easiest way to find out which.

FF29/30 have a known JS-related crash bug as well that will be fixed in FF31; setting javascript.options.baselinejit to false in about:config supposedly helps with that one but I'm unfamiliar with the finer details of what causes it. Alternatively you can just revert to FF28 or wait for FF31 to negate it completely.

Must be that JS thing, yeah. I'm positive it's not an add-on.