Games and Cross Platform Reviews - Feedback/Suggestion

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
I think it would be a benefit to the readers of Gamespot and to the overall feel of the site and review section if new game titles that can be found on multiple consoles, when released at the same time or nearly at the same time, would be handled with a single review that talked about the game as well as how it performed on each of the systems in a comparison. This would be a more efficient way than having multiple reviews of each game which then often forces the readers to pick and pull out the differences from one console to the next.

As the owner of multiple current generation systems I am concerned with which system a title is going to have better frame rates, features, and controls on.
AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts
We typically do exactly this in pretty much any multiplatform we write. We will discuss any technical or feature differences between platforms. If you look at our MLB 2K7 review for the 360 and PS3, for instance, you'll see multiple callouts of what the differences are between the two versions.
Velric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Velric
Member since 2003 • 3842 Posts
I did notice some of the touch points in the MLB 2K7 reviews but I guess what I am saying is I think it would be a more streamlined affair for everyone if multiplatform reviews were consolidated into a single review that encompasses all the main features of the game from all editions and then separately talks about the pros and cons of the game on each individual system. As it stands now I sometimes have to flip back and forth between both reviews of a game to get some of that out of what is being said.
AlexN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 AlexN
Member since 2003 • 9000 Posts
I did notice some of the touch points in the MLB 2K7 reviews but I guess what I am saying is I think it would be a more streamlined affair for everyone if multiplatform reviews were consolidated into a single review that encompasses all the main features of the game from all editions and then separately talks about the pros and cons of the game on each individual system. As it stands now I sometimes have to flip back and forth between both reviews of a game to get some of that out of what is being said.Velric
Well, in pretty much every multiplatform review we do when multiple versions are released within the same short span of time, we do one, single review for all versions. There are occasional exceptions, but our standard is to do a single review in those cases.