Email for every new comment in an article that I posted in?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

WantYouBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 WantYouBad
Member since 2012 • 31 Posts

Why am I getting an email for every single new comment in an article that I posted in?

I never subscribed to follow, and have emails off except for relevant ones (like replies). Yes GS sends me a few hundred emails every second about a new comment posted in an article.

It's driving me crazy! I've stopped posting entirely, this is a million times worse than spam.

foxrock66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 foxrock66
Member since 2010 • 409 Posts

You're far from alone, I've been dealing with this for a week or two now, so have a lot of other folks. It's stupid and should have been fixed already, but it hasn't.

In the meantime, you can temporarily stop the emails by unsubscribing from them in the actual email. But as soon as you comment again, they'll start back up. You'll have to manually leave the conversation every time.

WantYouBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WantYouBad

@foxrock66: It's disgusting, this is the worst spam I have ever gotten.

WantYouBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By WantYouBad

Is anyone even trying to fix this??? I'm sifting through hundreds of emails looking for very important ones.

foxrock66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 foxrock66
Member since 2010 • 409 Posts

Who knows. This site should never have gone live in the state it is in. Beta was far far too short and didn't accomplish anything. Best thing you can do right now is unsubscribe from any existing conversations, and then stop commenting for the time being. If this persists and continues to spread to other users, Gamespot is going to have some very dead comment sections

WantYouBad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By WantYouBad

@foxrock66: They don't seem to be bothering with any of it. I also keep getting "feed" from random strangers too, and the comment sections have a lot less people than before the update as well. Sigh....However I do like that I can finally change my avatar lol....

elburnso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 elburnso
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

Yeah, I left one comment and every 5 minutes I have to go back into my email account and delete new ones by the bushel; must have been at least a bazillion of the FN things by now.

Avatar image for Deathsdoorstep1
Deathsdoorstep1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Deathsdoorstep1
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Even if I click to unfollow in the actual email it simply doesn't do it. It tells me that it's successful, and I just keep getting emails. Sucks.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

all you can do is be patient. they are working on it.

elburnso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#10 elburnso
Member since 2006 • 63 Posts

@leon2365: I get that, but having ones email box swamped kinda detours me and others from posting comments for the time being. Hope GS is able to figure out why it's happening and fix the problem.

leon2365

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 leon2365
Member since 2006 • 13096 Posts

@elburnso said:

@leon2365: I get that, but having ones email box swamped kinda detours me and others from posting comments for the time being. Hope GS is able to figure out why it's happening and fix the problem.

wish there was something else that could be done. all that can be suggested is manually clicking that un-follow button every time you comment, but even then, its not guaranteed to work. works for some, and doesn't for others. a temporary fix for it, if it bothers you beyond reason, would be to put gamespot on your spam list for now, and just check in here periodically to see if its been fixed yet or not.