Edit/Delete post options..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

__Kaine__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 __Kaine__
Member since 2010 • 1306 Posts

I dont' understand why they were taken out.. I now find myself triple even quadruple posting because I can't edit/delete.. (yes, I'm a forgetful person sometimes..)

Edit/delete post options back please..!

Wait.. they're there.. they're just missing from game specific forums then I guess..

fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#2 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts

If they used to be there and are now not appearing then it's definitely a thread for the technical support board.

The buttons are appearing for me though.

Edit: Scratch that, they're not appearing on the game-specific boards.

TopStarRacer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TopStarRacer
Member since 2010 • 5732 Posts

There is no edit/delete feature for the GameSpot side of the game-specific boards. You can edit and delete posts if you post from the GameFAQs side.

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
They haven't been on the game-specific boards in about 7 years now, and even that was only for about a week.
fabz_95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#5 fabz_95
Member since 2006 • 15425 Posts
Sorry, because the OP said they were taken out I assumed it was a glitch where the button wasn't appearing; It would be nice for the game-specific boards to have edit/delete buttons.
__Kaine__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 __Kaine__
Member since 2010 • 1306 Posts

There is no edit/delete feature for the GameSpot side of the game-specific boards. You can edit and delete posts if you post from the GameFAQs side.

TopStarRacer
Well then why not make it so you can edit on gamespot side too..? :S Is there something in conflict or anything of the sort..?
MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

[QUOTE="TopStarRacer"]

__Kaine__

Well then why not make it so you can edit on gamespot side too..? :S Is there something in conflict or anything of the sort..?

It's a more complicated process, since you have to be a certain user level on GameFAQs in order to have access to editing your posts, as well as other privileges on the shared boards. Since the two sites use separate leveling systems, it separately needs to still be worked into GameSpot's shared forums.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Dracula68
Member since 2002 • 33109 Posts

It's a more complicated process, since you have to be a certain user level on GameFAQs in order to have access to editing your posts, as well as other privileges on the shared boards. Since the two sites use separate leveling systems, it separately needs to still be worked into GameSpot's shared forums.

MudkipMaster30

Not to mention if you post from the GS side everybody appears as a "new user"---level 1.

MuddyMaestro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 MuddyMaestro
Member since 2009 • 10351 Posts

Just out of curiosity, I threw up a post on a shared board using the GameSpot side of my account, and then went over to GameFAQs and tried editing or deleting it under my account from the same username. Both instances gave me an error and wouldn't carry out the requested changes. So, if you make a post on a shared board here on GS, you can be assured there is no way you can edit or change it after you've submitted it, which is yet another reason why I prefer to make all of my posts on shared boards on GFAQs. Allowing GS users the same privileges would likely take some major forum redesigns, since as Dracula said, all users who don't log into the GameFAQs side of their account remain at Level 15: New User for not having any karma, but also not having any moderations against them.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Dracula68

So, if you make a post on a shared board here on GS, you can be assured there is no way you can edit or change it after you've submitted it, which is yet another reason why I prefer to make all of my posts on shared boards on GFAQs.

MudkipMaster30

I'll just add that to remove a post I had to moderate myself since I saw no edit or delete options via GameFAQs and we don't obviously have them here on this side.

Fanible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Fanible
Member since 2003 • 761 Posts

I hope this is changed. A forum where you cannot edit your posts seems pretty... archaic.

The rules that are even in place for the posts you CAN edit over on Gamefaqs are kind of absurd.

Dracula68

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Dracula68

I hope this is changed. A forum where you cannot edit your posts seems pretty... archaic.

The rules that are even in place for the posts you CAN edit over on Gamefaqs are kind of absurd.

Fanible
Please do not bump older threads. Thanks!